Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
BGS VS. BCCG

RE: BGS VS. BCCG
Sounds like a PRO Gem Mint 10.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

BTW 'jlandry287', I wanted to suggest a few RC cards you should try to obtain for your PC. The 1st two are on the top row of this pic. (I am not offering up my copies of these two though) Wink

1984 Don Mattingly RC's & 1983 Ryne Sandberg RC's

[Image: AfewPCcards.jpg]

Also, what are your 2 Ozzie Smith RC's? Are they both one brand or do you have the Topps AND the OPC??? Just wondering b/c I have been looking for an OPC version for soooo long.

http://www.beckett.com/grading/grading_faq

(10-16-2012, 01:40 AM)nineof Wrote: Not sure what a BCCG 10 would grade for as a BGS, all I know is that BCCG is a joke. I have no idea who actually uses that service. Adds nothing to value. Would pay exactly the same amount for a raw card as I would a BCCG 10. The services have completely different grading standards.
Beckett Grading Services Beckett Collector Club Grading what is it and how does it work ?

BCCG is a subsidiary of Beckett Grading Services so the same standards given to any card at beckett is given to BCCG graded cards so when you hear they are in inferior grading service it is a false statement and the information given by whomever is telling you this is either misinformed or just unhappy that they can not be successful selling cards themselves.

A simple search of the Beckett Grading web site states the following information :

“BCCG-graded cards (Beckett Collectors Club Grading) are completely separate and vastly different from the premium BGS- or BVG-graded cards. We can assure you that the same consummate care in handling is followed and consistent industry-leading quality of grading is applied to each and every card. As a result, BCCG-graded cards provide an eye-catching secondary market alternative to other graded card products, reaching a wider audience of fans and collectors. It features a modified numerical grading scale, with each level representing a range of standard conditions (Mint or better, Near mint or better, Excellent or better, etc.).

Furthermore, BCCG-graded cards are perfect for beginning or veteran collectors. Cards of a wide variety of star players are available in BCCG slabs. BCCG-graded cards are a perfect fit for the new collector who wants to be sure he's getting an excellent product from a trusted hobby source.

We also understand the importance of protecting your cards. Every BCCG-graded card is sealed and protected in a superior clear plastic holder whose design is based on the top-quality Beckett Grading Services (BGS) holder. Each holder features a white BCCG label with assigned grade, card serial number and precise card description obtained directly from Beckett's all-inclusive online database of sports cards. A fast and easy BCCG Card Lookup is available for card verification at the No. 1 online source for card collecting products, services and information BCCG has several different characteristics when compared to our BGS/BVG services. The BCCG service does not offer the four category (corners, centering, edges, and surface) break down on the backs of each of the cards. The BCCG service also does not have the half point grading scale which you see in the regular grading services - it is a more simplified grading scale that offers whole point grades only.

The cases for BCCG cards are thinner than the BGS/BVG cases and there is no inner sleeve in which the card placed in before being inserted into the holder. Please be assured that our regular graders do grade all BCCG cards so you will be getting a professional Beckett Grading Services opinion from a qualified Beckett grader.”

These statements above are actual facts not a made up eBay reviewer or random message board conversation of someones idea of what BCCG should be.

Why grade BCCG when you have the BGS option. BCCG is a slightly thinner holder and it only requires a single numerical grade unlike BGS so both turn around and time and value of money are taken into account for dealers and collector’s.

If a big dealer was sending in 400 cards to BCCG he could get them back in less than half the time it takes to get their items to market quicker and more cash in their pocket benefiting both the dealer and the collector who wants a nice mint card in a 10 holder. At the same time if the collector has the patience they can send the card in for BGS review and most likely get a BGS 9 or 9.5 in return that is usually worth much more than the BCCG 10 card that they purchased.

What makes BCCG different from BGS/PSA is that they have no GEM MINT category on the holders there best possible grade is Mint better or in other words with the other two mainstream companies that means you will be receiving a card guaranteed to be at the least 1.5 points lower at worse with the possibility of a higher grad usually ending up in a significant profit to the buyer. That means your BCCG 10 Greg Maddux Rookie could range from a strong sub grade BGS 8.5 to BGS 10 Pristine not two grades lower every single time as some people mention on individual reviews on eBay any other review or comment on this product are blatant lies as they were probably angry with Beckett Grading Services at some point .

Beckett Collector Club Grading / BCCG Grading Scale compared to BGS Grading.

BCCG 10 – (BGS high 8.5 to BGS 10) – Mint or Better
BCCG 9 – (BGS 7 – BGS Low 8.5) – Near Mint or Better
BCCG 8 – (BGS 5 – BGS 6.5) – Excellent of Better
BCCG 7 – (BGS 3 – BGS 4.5) Very Good or Better
BCCG 6 – (BGS 2 – BGS 2.5) Good or Better
BCCG 5 – (BGS 1 – BGS 1.5) Poor or Better
(no altered or trimmed cards BGS/BCCG will not slab those unless it is labeled on the actual holder)
With the inception of BCCG in the early 2000’s it was able to shut down most low end run out of someones basement grading services because of the advertisement to the masses and ability to offer a product to a wider audience that would want and still be able to pay a fair price knowing they are receiving a quality Beckett Grading Services product. This is one of the main reasons for the unreasonable hatred and false statements that are commonly seen on eBay boards and other sports collector web sites as it is usually someone who was indirectly affected or just has no idea what they are talking about.

I have a small problem with the above. First, if the same grading standards are being applied, then why a different grade for a BGS vs. BCCG? Sure you don't have a GEM standard for BCCG or use .5 point scales for BCCG, but to say that the same standards of grading are used only to discover that BGS would most likely grade .5 to 1.5 points lower is somewhat insulting.

Call a spade a spade and just say, BGS is a superior grading service offered by Beckett and BCCG is for a more casual collector. It's like saying Snap-On and Craftsman or Lincoln Navigator and Ford Explorer are the same thing. They're not. Made by the same companies, but the features aren't the same and the price tag is certainly different. So ultimately, the value placed on those products by the manufacturer and the end-user is going to be different.

Just my humble opinion. Oh, and citing what a company says about their product doesn't necessarily make it any more true than reviews from consumers, disgruntled or not.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

Steve , thanks for the reply but it is no way a lower quality product just a different numbering system. If you cross the card over it will still come back as the same descriptive grade or better otherwise Beckett wouldn't put their name on it.

Thanks for the response I appreciate it.

Nice youtube channel by the way it is very cool !

(04-22-2014, 02:13 PM)supersports Wrote: Nice youtube channel by the way it is very cool !
Thank you for checking it out! Nothing too recent since my voice has been out of commission lately, but hoping I'll get something new by next week.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(04-22-2014, 01:15 PM)sfreinker Wrote: I have a small problem with the above. First, if the same grading standards are being applied, then why a different grade for a BGS vs. BCCG? Sure you don't have a GEM standard for BCCG or use .5 point scales for BCCG, but to say that the same standards of grading are used only to discover that BGS would most likely grade .5 to 1.5 points lower is somewhat insulting.

Call a spade a spade and just say, BGS is a superior grading service offered by Beckett and BCCG is for a more casual collector. It's like saying Snap-On and Craftsman or Lincoln Navigator and Ford Explorer are the same thing. They're not. Made by the same companies, but the features aren't the same and the price tag is certainly different. So ultimately, the value placed on those products by the manufacturer and the end-user is going to be different.

Just my humble opinion. Oh, and citing what a company says about their product doesn't necessarily make it any more true than reviews from consumers, disgruntled or not.
ignore him. he spams this everywhere. it isnt sourced, and it aint true

(04-22-2014, 02:29 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ignore him. he spams this everywhere. it isnt sourced, and it aint true
http://www.beckett.com/grading/grading_faq

Sourced from this website please stop following our posts around as they are not directed at you personally, you are becoming obsessively creepy following us around at this point as nothing written is directed at you personally.

you have been obsessively spamming this