`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL has a lockout, attempting an adventure in new baseball HELP

NHL has a lockout, attempting an adventure in new baseball HELP
So. I have a hard time with Upper Deck and their newest antics regarding the NHL lockout with new products and decided that I want to get into baseball collecting even if just a little bit.

I know that Harper stuff is worth decent money but the differences between hockey and baseball seem to be enourmous. Especially when it comes down to the "Rookies"

I am just wondering other than Harper who are some of the more desirable rookies or Young stars collecting wise? and If i was to buy a product under $120 what is the best bang for the buck. My collectings style is that i love to go for sets and subsets and master sets.

So far the only things that have really jumped out at me are the Bowman Chrome and the Gypsy Queen. Any feedback on those products and even if there is a comparison to be made what would it be exactly?

Thanks alot!
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

RE: NHL has a lockout, attempting an adventure in new baseball HELP
Hi -welcome. If you like SP's, subsets and minis, I would suggest Allen & Ginter. It isn't too expensive and lots of subsets to complete.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Harper and Darvish seem to be really hot. Auto cards, Memorabilia and Short Prints are what a lot of guys look for in whatever player they're collecting. Gypsy Queen's kind of cool. I've only got a few myself (still pretty new and haven't tried a whole lot outside of basic Topps.) The important thing that you know is that if you get any Justin Verlander, send them my way. Thanks! ;-)
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

Go with a Harper Bowman Chrome, auto if you can afford it, and then one with an RC logo.
I'd suggest A+G, base Topps, Gypsy Queen, or Bowman, for boxes.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Anything Trout is good
[Image: dontpray11.png]

Did a little reaserch on Allan and Ginter ad looks pretty good.
I also have lots of hockey for trade right now. And at the moment only have the hockey price guide how hard will it be to make trades without the opg?

Anyways I'm looking for blue jays and a's along with Andrew mccutchen so each looking for anything and everything. Thanks for everything so far guys!
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy

(10-14-2012, 10:47 PM)x5ofspades Wrote: Did a little reaserch on Allan and Ginter ad looks pretty good.
I also have lots of hockey for trade right now. And at the moment only have the hockey price guide how hard will it be to make trades without the opg?

Anyways I'm looking for blue jays and a's along with Andrew mccutchen so each looking for anything and everything. Thanks for everything so far guys!
A lot of guys trade for BV here, so without the price guide you won't be able to know if you're getting ripped off or offering a fair trade to someone. Just my 2 cents.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

boom got it today, and about 20 assorted packs. 2010 t206 2012 topps and bowman, im pretty excited.
pulled a nice strasburg out of the T206
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy