`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripped off on the benchtradingdotcom

Ripped off on the benchtradingdotcom
I know a lot of people have been ripped off here well it happens everywhere. I have never personally been ripped off on beckett and I will always prefer this site due to the friends I've made and the org/pricing. I decided to try my hand at trading there and despite my better judgment sent off a big trade. When you are new there you are forced to send first which sucks when you have the trades here and the amazing feedback i have on ebay but its the way it is. Well I made a big trade for me, right around 130.00 in cards both ways. I sent my end off on 8/31/2012 and have yet to receive my end. Also haven't received a response by the mods there in response to me reporting the trade. Seems pretty shady to me, no contact back by the mods or the trader and no cards.

So what should I do? I have all his info including his address, emails and various other info. Anything I can do legally? Funny he is a HOF member on there, figured i could trust him! He hasn't been on since sept 14th. His name is Robby just in case someone knows him.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Ripped off on the benchtradingdotcom
Odd for the mods to not reply. Maybe they have a grace period where they try to contact the member first, but you would think they would at least tell you what their policy is and your options as member or something like that. If he hasn't been on since 9/14 he hasn't received your messages. Hard to say anything other than wait for someone, anyone involved to respond. I've seen attempts to take legal action from online trades or sales before. I think it falls on the local police in his area. They are the ones most likely to do something. Even with proof of emails, paypal statements, etc I've seen things like this still get blown off and the police act like their hands are tied.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

what is the guys SN on there?
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

(10-09-2012, 07:36 AM)showstopper2 Wrote: what is the guys SN on there?
Its robby

(10-09-2012, 07:30 AM)acevanquish Wrote: Odd for the mods to not reply. Maybe they have a grace period where they try to contact the member first, but you would think they would at least tell you what their policy is and your options as member or something like that. If he hasn't been on since 9/14 he hasn't received your messages. Hard to say anything other than wait for someone, anyone involved to respond. I've seen attempts to take legal action from online trades or sales before. I think it falls on the local police in his area. They are the ones most likely to do something. Even with proof of emails, paypal statements, etc I've seen things like this still get blown off and the police act like their hands are tied.
Yeah they haven't said anything to me at all which is strange, I'm a mod on several forums and I find it strange that I haven't been explained what the process is or kept in the loop as to what's going on.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. I hope something can come of this and there is a good reason why he did not send his end to you yet. I have only made small end trades there and have not had a problem.

Richard

(10-09-2012, 07:30 AM)acevanquish Wrote: Odd for the mods to not reply. Maybe they have a grace period where they try to contact the member first, but you would think they would at least tell you what their policy is and your options as member or something like that. If he hasn't been on since 9/14 he hasn't received your messages. Hard to say anything other than wait for someone, anyone involved to respond. I've seen attempts to take legal action from online trades or sales before. I think it falls on the local police in his area. They are the ones most likely to do something. Even with proof of emails, paypal statements, etc I've seen things like this still get blown off and the police act like their hands are tied.
Yep, pretty much. Hopefully, he just got bogged down with something else and will send soon. But if he's ripping you off, sadly, that is probably what would happen.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-09-2012, 01:22 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: I know a lot of people have been ripped off here well it happens everywhere. I have never personally been ripped off on beckett and I will always prefer this site due to the friends I've made and the org/pricing. I decided to try my hand at trading there and despite my better judgment sent off a big trade. When you are new there you are forced to send first which sucks when you have the trades here and the amazing feedback i have on ebay but its the way it is. Well I made a big trade for me, right around 130.00 in cards both ways. I sent my end off on 8/31/2012 and have yet to receive my end. Also haven't received a response by the mods there in response to me reporting the trade. Seems pretty shady to me, no contact back by the mods or the trader and no cards.

So what should I do? I have all his info including his address, emails and various other info. Anything I can do legally? Funny he is a HOF member on there, figured i could trust him! He hasn't been on since sept 14th. His name is Robby just in case someone knows him.
Wouldn't this fall under mail fraud with a proof of delivery? Also, i would try to contact the mods again.
Hope things work out for you.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(10-09-2012, 08:47 PM)krn001 Wrote: Wouldn't this fall under mail fraud with a proof of delivery? Also, i would try to contact the mods again.
Hope things work out for you.
Excellent point, didn't think of that. That's a case right there, ryanmo5.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

He just got a hold of me and everything is good, he had a death in the family. I feel bad now : (

No worries man, you didnt know..
Collecting R.A. Dickey http://dickeyscollection.webs.com
[Image: radickey3smallversion.jpg]
Special thanks to pyr0punk for the banner