`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Question

PC Question
So I've just started a PC of my favorite players (see sig) and I really don't know where to start. I don't have anything in particular that I want to collect of them but I was thinking about starting off with something like graded rookie cards or get each ones base auto rookies. Kind of set little goals for myself. I was just wondering what you guys do with your PC. Especially if you collect multiple players... I know that it's my collection and I should do what makes me happy and everything but a little community insight might help me out a little bit. Thanks!
Collecting: Steve Smith (Panthers), Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Luke Kuechly, Andruw Jones, and Brian McCann
[Image: retGN.png]

RE: PC Question
I collect Yu Darvish, and start out with lower end cards and build up. I usually buy boxes of stuff like tribute which teamboxbreak will break any day now, and trade the higher end stuff for autos and higher end base cards. Just my take, but I am not old enough to have older cards such as 2011 and 2010 stuff to trade, so you may want to try and trade that stuff away.
Busting boxes!!!

I have 4 PCs- Verlander (400+), Miguel Cabrera (525+), Maybin (80+), Mike Stanton (150+). I've built them all from scratch over the last year. (I've done over 150 trades since October 2011.) I'd suggest starting a trade thread saying you're looking for McCann in return. The beginning is the easiest because you still need everything. Keep an eye on the boxbreak threads to see when guys pull McCann cards and post that you're interested. Stay active on the boards and people will keep you in mind when they pull something you collect. Another thing to consider (besides the bay, COMC, etc.) is checking out Beckett's marketplace. I've found great deals on here (especially for lower end cards). It's nice to pick up 50+ cards in one shot for under a hundred bucks. -I'd try to fill in as much as you can from trades first though. Be patient, too. You'll hit peaks and valleys and plateaus. Just stick with it, slow and steady.

Although I like busting boxes as much as anyone, I've found that my money is much better spent on singles (either trade bait or PC cards). Plus, you'll have a lot less clutter. I've found that some of the best guys to trade with have only like 200 $10 and up cards. Makes for very clean and easy trading.
Also- to be somewhat more responsive to your question- what you decide to collect is up to you. Personally, I just try to collect everything I don't already have (PC-wise). I've never really gotten into graded cards, but I've picked some up along the way. Be warned though, graded cards (especially for star players) get expensive in a hurry. I've put together some partial rainbows, but it's more a matter of coincidence than anything. One goal I've set for myself is to collect all the Topps/Bowman Chrome GOLD refractors of my PC players. I like the way the gold cards look and they're mostly affordable.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(10-07-2012, 07:58 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I have 4 PCs- Verlander (400+), Miguel Cabrera (525+), Maybin (80+), Mike Stanton (150+). I've built them all from scratch over the last year. (I've done over 150 trades since October 2011.) I'd suggest starting a trade thread saying you're looking for McCann in return. The beginning is the easiest because you still need everything. Keep an eye on the boxbreak threads to see when guys pull McCann cards and post that you're interested. Stay active on the boards and people will keep you in mind when they pull something you collect. Another thing to consider (besides the bay, COMC, etc.) is checking out Beckett's marketplace. I've found great deals on here (especially for lower end cards). It's nice to pick up 50+ cards in one shot for under a hundred bucks. -I'd try to fill in as much as you can from trades first though. Be patient, too. You'll hit peaks and valleys and plateaus. Just stick with it, slow and steady.

Although I like busting boxes as much as anyone, I've found that my money is much better spent on singles (either trade bait or PC cards). Plus, you'll have a lot less clutter. I've found that some of the best guys to trade with have only like 200 $10 and up cards. Makes for very clean and easy trading.
Also- to be somewhat more responsive to your question- what you decide to collect is up to you. Personally, I just try to collect everything I don't already have (PC-wise). I've never really gotten into graded cards, but I've picked some up along the way. Be warned though, graded cards (especially for star players) get expensive in a hurry. I've put together some partial rainbows, but it's more a matter of coincidence than anything. One goal I've set for myself is to collect all the Topps/Bowman Chrome GOLD refractors of my PC players. I like the way the gold cards look and they're mostly affordable.
Thanks that helps a ton! Another question though, if you are collecting commons and things like that of your PC players, how do you store those? Do you put every card in a top loader or maybe a binder? Just curious.
Collecting: Steve Smith (Panthers), Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Luke Kuechly, Andruw Jones, and Brian McCann
[Image: retGN.png]

(10-07-2012, 08:14 PM)CardiacCat Wrote: Thanks that helps a ton! Another question though, if you are collecting commons and things like that of your PC players, how do you store those? Do you put every card in a top loader or maybe a binder? Just curious.
Every single one is in a toploader (when I have 3 or 4 of the same card, I put them in a thick toploader). Sure, it's a little more expensive, but you can buy 1000 toploaders for sixty bucks. To me, it's worth it and makes it easier to store, organize, and look at my cards.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

You picked the wrong Brave to collect Smile

As a player collector...I keep my eye out for cards that are near impossible to find. #/25 or less. I pick those up as they become available. Other than that I get just the cards that are priced right for me and my collection.

One card at a time. Good luck!
X

My PC guys are in a binder for NON-GU. Although I must say I probably won't do the 5" binder again. Probably keep it broken into smaller binders. The cards are easier to look at in sheets. Game Used and thicker cards are stored in top loaders in a "special" box ;-)
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

I put all my PC cards in toploaders.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!