`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My final Golden Giveaway "haul"

My final Golden Giveaway "haul"
Well, Update is out, I've busted almost all that I will (though will probably pick up a few more jumbo packs) and I've entered the Golden Giveaway codes. Here's how I did:

60 codes entered.
2 regular die-cut cards.

In conclusion, Golden Giveaway was a big waste of my time and effort. I should have bought the cards I wanted and sold the code cards, but I figured I'd get another card or two. Nope, I got two cards the first week after the site went live, zero after that with about 45 more codes entered. You suck, Topps. And the million dollar streak thing next year is another step downhill, a game that even if someone unlocks every possible player still has next to zero chance of winning the big prize. MLB.com has a similar game where you can use any player and no one has won in 12 years, of course no one will win Topps' game where you have a limited number of players available. Topps wants to have an online experience with its cards, understandable, and they succeeded in 2010 and 2011 but they've got to come up with something that is worthwhile.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

RE: My final Golden Giveaway "haul"
Totally agree
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

I've got 4 cards on about 30 codes. Trying to work up some entries for the Griffey auto.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Couldn't agree more. Loved the Diamond Giveaway. It is nice getting an old card with a virtual prize. If it is just the virtual prize, it's pointless.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Agree fully.....120+ codes....4 regular die-cut cards (2 of the same player! Santana) and a couple of online gift certificates. Boo!

2010 & 2011 were great, still hated having to pay for shipping, but it was pretty cool to get an old card and to trade them on the site.

Gonna skip 2013 and sell all my code cards...this is definitly only for case breakers and good luck to them, they are gonna need it
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

2013 code cards probably wont sell for more than 50 cents apiece because people will quickly realize what a joke it is...however thats five bucks I'd get back on my jumbo box so why not.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(10-06-2012, 08:30 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Agree fully.....120+ codes....4 regular die-cut cards (2 of the same player! Santana) and a couple of online gift certificates. Boo!

2010 & 2011 were great, still hated having to pay for shipping, but it was pretty cool to get an old card and to trade them on the site.

Gonna skip 2013 and sell all my code cards...this is definitly only for case breakers and good luck to them, they are gonna need it
The online gift cards are a slap in the face anyways. Shipping for 1 pack is $10, and you can only use 1 code per purchase, so basically you just get free shipping. I have 3 of them, and they are useless to me because I don't won't to buy retail online.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

I have 4, so I'm going to use them towards a box of Topps Mini or a box of Topps Heritage High Number.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-07-2012, 10:30 AM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I have 4, so I'm going to use them towards a box of Topps Mini or a box of Topps Heritage High Number.
Can only use one certificate....plus I think minis are sold out.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I never even received my 'gift certificate' codes. Qualified for them a long time ago, never received anything, sent Topps a question through the Golden Giveaway site asking why I had not received it (them) yet. No response for months.

As for the codes - 67 entered - 4 cards. [Ortiz Gold Die Cut, Ellsbury base, Lester base, and a Kershaw base (3 of 4 Red Sox, lol)] And luckily I've been able to trade all 4 for 4 PC cards on site. I've only requested shipping & received one: Ozzie Smith Gold Die Cut/99. The other 3 still on site are base cards: David Freese, Eric Hosmer, & Ryan Howard.

I can definitely understand the frustration with this contest...and next years. If you can call 4 out of 67 lucky, well, I guess I have been this year. When I started collecting again earlier this spring, some of the codes for the Diamond Giveaway were still live as well as the Topps Town site, I think. Thoroughly enjoyed both before being shut down. Enjoyed them both much more than this Golden Giveaway.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports