`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Jeter with 3300 hits

Derek Jeter with 3300 hits
I know people are talking about 4000 hits though I see that being a reach seeing him at 3300 hits and still has a few games left I can see him at 3650 and maybe more if he plays longer than his next 2 years. With that said and him having pretty much 2 year left on his contract baring an injury the worst I can see him going on the all time hit list is 5th and there is a great shot he could finish as high as 3rd in my eyes if they give him another contract. Other than that it's a reach for anything else as he would probably need at least 5 years to get to 4000 hits and I am not sure if he will be playing when he is 43.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: Derek Jeter with 3300 hits
I think he'll finish in 3rd above Stan Musial, but not quite reach Aaron if he plays the next 2 years. I think if Jeter has a bad year next year, though, he will decline his option for 2014. If he has 2 more good years like this year, I wish he and the Yankees would sign him as the every day DH to assault Rose's record, but I don't think that will be acceptable to Jeter if he is not playing SS. Either way, I think he'll go down in history as the greatest SS to ever play.

(10-01-2012, 05:48 AM)fulltritty Wrote: I think he'll finish in 3rd above Stan Musial, but not quite reach Aaron if he plays the next 2 years. I think if Jeter has a bad year next year, though, he will decline his option for 2014. If he has 2 more good years like this year, I wish he and the Yankees would sign him as the every day DH to assault Rose's record, but I don't think that will be acceptable to Jeter if he is not playing SS. Either way, I think he'll go down in history as the greatest SS to ever play.
Agree 1025%
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(10-01-2012, 05:48 AM)fulltritty Wrote: I think he'll finish in 3rd above Stan Musial, but not quite reach Aaron if he plays the next 2 years. I think if Jeter has a bad year next year, though, he will decline his option for 2014. If he has 2 more good years like this year, I wish he and the Yankees would sign him as the every day DH to assault Rose's record, but I don't think that will be acceptable to Jeter if he is not playing SS. Either way, I think he'll go down in history as the greatest SS to ever play.
I think your right as well though I can see the Yankees convincing him to go for the record and finish his career at DH, But only time will tell.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(10-01-2012, 08:35 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I think your right as well though I can see the Yankees convincing him to go for the record and finish his career at DH, But only time will tell.
Don't forget too that the Yankees may be leery to give a contract to Jeter with incentives to beat Rose seeing how much of a disaster the contract and incentives to A-Rod has worked out for trying to beat Aaron and Bonds.

I would love to see it though. Like I said, I think it will be based on how Jeter does the next 2 years. He is all about helping the team win and if he does horrible, he isn't going to accept a deal to play to try and get a personal goal if he is a detriment to the team.

(10-02-2012, 06:10 AM)fulltritty Wrote: Don't forget too that the Yankees may be leery to give a contract to Jeter with incentives to beat Rose seeing how much of a disaster the contract and incentives to A-Rod has worked out for trying to beat Aaron and Bonds.

I would love to see it though. Like I said, I think it will be based on how Jeter does the next 2 years. He is all about helping the team win and if he does horrible, he isn't going to accept a deal to play to try and get a personal goal if he is a detriment to the team.
This is true but the Yanks don't need to give him $250 mil. $30-35 mil over 2 years is a small price to pay for the man who has been the greatest example of what it means to be a Yankee since Joe DiMaggio
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(10-03-2012, 08:45 AM)aprirr Wrote: the man who has been the greatest example of what it means to be a Yankee since Joe DiMaggio
The man who has been the greatest example of what it means to be a professional ballplayer period. And this is coming from a Red Sox fan.

I hated Jeter when he came up. I hated his fist pump every time they scored a run or made a great play against my Red Sox. Over the years I've watched him play hard and put his team first and essentially become the legend that he has become and I think he is a great example of how a pro ballplayer should handle himself. He's gained my respect and admiration and deserves all the accolades that come his way.

Greatest shortstop of all-time? Maybe by the time he's done but I'd give that honor to Cal Ripken Jr. today.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Yeah, I see Jeter easily in top 5, probably 3rd when he's done. Don't think he'll get 4000, but if he does I think the Yankees might do the everyday DH thing.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!