Baby Hawkins (in Bengals uniform)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (in Bengals uniform)

RE: Players you want who have no cards?
Adrian Wilson (Cardinals)
Todd Heap (Cardinals)

Lorenzo Neal and Shaun Phillips

(09-16-2012, 03:43 PM)ekalbNZ Wrote: Thanks Kelly! I tend to like defensive players and the underapprciated OL guys that get no hobby love so I'm sure there is plenty more other players I could list!

I would love for a card company to make a Rookies only set made up of every player taken from Andrew Luck through to Chandler Harrish. They could tier the rookies at different levels too. Say first rounders #d/49 up to the seventh rounders #d/999. I think that would make a cool set!
Love that idea closest thing is Rookies and Stars. Be funny to have the rookie long snapper auto

A friend of mine, Drew Coleman, has been in the NFL since being drafted out of TCU in 2006. But he has yet to have a card made. He has played for the Jets (5 years), Jaguars (1 year) and Lions (this past preseason).

It's really been surprising since his career stats are as follows: 164 tackles, 8 sacks, 27 pass deflections, 4 INTs and 9 FFs.

Since this is his seventh year in the league, would his cards this year (or any year into the future) be considered a rookie card? Just curious about that.

(09-17-2012, 11:14 AM)durfeecoach1 Wrote: Love that idea closest thing is Rookies and Stars. Be funny to have the rookie long snapper auto
I would love a Jon Condo Auto!

(09-17-2012, 11:23 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: A friend of mine, Drew Coleman, has been in the NFL since being drafted out of TCU in 2006. But he has yet to have a card made. He has played for the Jets (5 years), Jaguars (1 year) and Lions (this past preseason).

It's really been surprising since his career stats are as follows: 164 tackles, 8 sacks, 27 pass deflections, 4 INTs and 9 FFs.

Since this is his seventh year in the league, would his cards this year (or any year into the future) be considered a rookie card? Just curious about that.
Interesting point. I'm not sure how a RC is defined as a RC as such but would be interested to know also.
Collecting: Miles Burris ~ Howie Long ~ Tyvon Branch ~ Stefen Wisniewski ~ Lamarr Houston ~ Rod Streater ~ Rhett Ellison

(09-16-2012, 05:05 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: Adrian Wilson (Cardinals)
Todd Heap (Cardinals)
Last year's Adrenalyn had them both, I believe ...
(09-17-2012, 03:45 PM)ekalbNZ Wrote: I would love a Jon Condo Auto!

Interesting point. I'm not sure how a RC is defined as a RC as such but would be interested to know also.
His first card would be his RC, regardless of when it was released.

Man, great question ... for me, it's not so much a specific player, but maybe just bringing back a set concept like Topps Total or 40 Man — I know that's baseball, but I bet a product named "52 Man" — the football equivalent — would be a huge hit with set/team collectors.

I'm a Lions fan, and they've basically had the same offensive line intact for like 5 or 6 years now (Backus, Sims, Raiola, Peterman, etc.) with absolutely no cards ... I know some people would be like "they stink/they're linemen, why do you want their cards?" — but I'm a fan of the team, so I'm a fan of all the players.

Plus, you could include head coaches (glad to see that in this year's Hoops) and maybe even the O- and D-coordinators.

It would be a huge base set, but fun to chase.

Contenders usually does a pretty good job of getting a ton of the "lesser" rookies in their set--even with autographs. Look at last year's set--Tyron Smith (a Tackle) has the lowest print run autograph in the whole set.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(09-18-2012, 10:31 AM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Contenders usually does a pretty good job of getting a ton of the "lesser" rookies in their set--even with autographs. Look at last year's set--Tyron Smith (a Tackle) has the lowest print run autograph in the whole set.
Yeah, I mean, in general there are some products that do a good job of going fairly deep on rookies (Rookies & Stars, Topps, etc.) ... but once they become a veteran, many if not most of them never have a card again.