`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Trading with Rookieaholic2nd - Missing the RNH Young Guns from our trade!

RE: Trading with Rookieaholic2nd
I am hopeful that things can be rectified in this case. Remember traders there are two sides to every story. Although some improved communication on the part of rookieaholic could have eased the situation. I can also appreciate the panic that sets in, once we figure that a loss of some valuable cards is a distinct possibility.

I was also recently trashed by a new member because I responded to him with the same arrogance and sarcasm that he initialized with me.
Many of you jumped on board without knowing the actual reason for my retort. If the judicial system used juries with this type of knee jerk response we would all be awaiting incarceration.

Kudo's to all of you who replied with a positive and impartial response.
Lets remember that this site is a Godsend for card collector's and that only we, as good honest and dedicated members can ensure true satisfaction from the great potential we have been given for trading purposes. Lets all strive together to make this forum work.

(08-29-2012, 04:50 AM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I'm real glad you dropped by man. It takes integrity to confront a thread like this. I'm sorry to hear about the family issue and I'm sure everyone here feels the same way. We're a community and we know life priorities can take over sometimes.

The crazy thing is you understand where KrispX is coming from. That's not an easy thing to do when you're being publicly attacked by a crowd - rightly or wrongly. And KrispX has tried very hard to understand the situation from your end, which is amazing since he's been as patient as anyone I've ever heard of.

And even with all that, we still had a misunderstanding cause it's all in the communication. Honestly, even if life's kicking my butt and I can't get my **** together for a few weeks, I'll drop a quick line and 95% of the people on this forum and 100% of the people in this thread would just appreciate the update and the candor.

It's the shady ones who disappear for days and then weeks at a time before vanishing completely that everyone's worried about. That's clearly not any of ya'll. In fact you sound like great guys.

Oh thank you both for getting the blood pumping...maybe it'll help wake up a sleepy board! If you want a crowd, just start a fight right? : )
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

Good day, Beckett Community!

I read the original post and started to get worried. I did want to post (guilty, sorry) about my trade and worries, but I thought better of it. There is an understanding that issues come up that can sometimes hinder trades. This is known by us all, as we have seen way too many people experience them. The best protocol on this matter is to have the person create a thread, notifying the people that they have made trades with, that the shipping will be delayed due to an unforeseen circumstance. Unfortunately, there are issues that catch us off-guard and require immediate actions, negating the ability to spread the word of the delay. This is understood, too.

The one thing that does stand out, though, is that Dave was signing in to the site and had marked items shipped. I am not trying to bash him in any way, I would just like to say that this courtesy would have been a nice one to have put forward.

Thank you, KrispX for putting the notification out here and for being concerned, not accusatory. It shows great character to do that. It is great to see all of those who put Dave's good name into place and gave him the benefit of the doubt. It stopped me from chiming-in (sorry again) about the delay in out trade too. And Dave, t did take a great show of character to respond in this thread! Please know that this was just a worry on the part of your fellow traders and not a witch-hunt. It is scary at how fast life can catch-up to you and bite you in the rear. I wish you and your family all of the best and hope that the problem has come to pass. Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

i marked the items as shipped because they were about to be shipped but life came up. listen poeple, i know you all already know this....but there is a life outside there beyond the hockey card world. crap happens. i know i sent out krispx's things but that was a while ago, looks like sumthing bad happened. if that was the case i will send his original cards out!@!! same goes for all of u!!! and Radi our trade isnt even that old! u just jumping to conclusions that i punked ur stuff, which i did not!!! (no no, u Almost did, u did restrain yourself)

(08-29-2012, 04:22 PM)rookieaholic2nd Wrote: i marked the items as shipped because they were about to be shipped but life came up. listen poeple, i know you all already know this....but there is a life outside there beyond the hockey card world. crap happens. i know i sent out krispx's things but that was a while ago, looks like sumthing bad happened. if that was the case i will send his original cards out!@!! same goes for all of u!!! and Radi our trade isnt even that old! u just jumping to conclusions that i punked ur stuff, which i did not!!! (no no, u Almost did, u did restrain yourself)
I jumped to no conclusion, but said that I was getting worried because of this thread. Did you even read my reply? I gave you credit and said that we all know what happened happens. We understand. You are getting the benefit of the doubt in this situation and we all wish you and your family the best in this difficult time. Please do not read into the thread as a lash-out or slander. I do not think that anyone has that in mind, so please do not take it like that.

If you would not mind me asking, how is everything? Is the situation on good grounds now? I know all too well what you are dealing with and can offer you an ear if you ever need. I wish you nothing but the best, Dave!

Randi

i kinda had the same problem. we came to a deal, i sent him my address and never heard back. so im just guessin he doesnt want to trade.

i appreciate that randi, thank you, and yes i have lots of stress like anyone else on their plate right now. i know i know the thread has to exist but it hurts u know. krispx even took his case to cnc so they are up my butt now too. not a happy camper. dont worry i am not playing the blaming game, i am the one at fault and in the spotlight and it sucks
(08-29-2012, 04:37 PM)jets18 Wrote: i kinda had the same problem. we came to a deal, i sent him my address and never heard back. so im just guessin he doesnt want to trade.
you had to sent first becuase of like a 3 feedback, do i need to refreshen your memory boy?? YOU are the one who stiffed me buddy

now no one wants to trade with me. guess ill just use beckett as a guide. the trades i enjoyed most were with the ppl that stuck up for me and my character. later yall.

(08-29-2012, 04:38 PM)rookieaholic2nd Wrote: i appreciate that randi, thank you, and yes i have lots of stress like anyone else on their plate right now. i know i know the thread has to exist but it hurts u know. krispx even took his case to cnc so they are up my butt now too. not a happy camper. dont worry i am not playing the blaming game, i am the one at fault and in the spotlight and it sucks

you had to sent first becuase of like a 3 feedback, do i need to refreshen your memory boy?? YOU are the one who stiffed me buddy

now no one wants to trade with me. guess ill just use beckett as a guide. the trades i enjoyed most were with the ppl that stuck up for me and my character. later yall.

I will still trade with you. I also didnt want to write on this thread, but i had an issue, like yourself over the last few months, where i was delayed in sending out my end of trades - now i live in Australia lol, so that was one hell of a delay (Randi will attest to that lol).

I guess what im saying here is within about a week of me returning, i had trade offers again, even though i have a **Must send first** tag on my profile now, this community is very forgiving, and forget easily. They have been for me, and im sure they will be for yourself.

Do what youve gotta do man, life takes first priority, im sure you sent or will send those cards out - or you wouldnt be here talking about it. Peace, and i hope what you're going through gets better soon.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Ya man dont get so angry and run off into the night bro, crap happens everything was addressed and now life can move on Im sure everyone understands or else they would be telling you good bye, stick around!

When it comes to completing my sets, i don't care who i trade with as long as i get them. Smile And please do not go away. We've had a few trades in the past with no problems and I'm constantly on this board trying to find more traders because i do not have a buy card bank roll. With you gone, It's one less person for me to trade with. So you see. You cannot leave. It will break my heart. i will be sad. I may never smile again. Do you really want that on your plate as well?
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I'm not here to bash you personally Dave! Please believe me when i say that. I'm bashing to situation at hand...whether the trade was with you or anyone else. I had told you in the past that i understood about your family health issues. I still feel for you & them & hope that prayers are answered & things turn our for the better. But..with that being said...business is business. It sucks ( & i've mentioned this in my posts) that i even had to go public with this. I never wanted to. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. But..with as long as it's taking to get the cards (& they still haven't made it here yet)i had to act accordingly. I don't & never thought you were a bad person. After looking at your Beckett trades profile..i was kinda in awe that someone like you, with all the high marks & great feedback with not one negative ever being given, i was surprised at how our situation has escalated to.
I'm still hoping this is just one of those isolated incidents. Just sucks it had to be me!

As for the whole getting a hold of Cloutsnchara ordeal...i had noticed you had traded with one of the moderators there, who actually lives 3 hours south of me here in Texas. After asking him how long it took for your cards to arrive to him, he showed me the Transactions thread & i noticed that he received his cards in roughly 2 weeks give or take a day or two. I also stated what my problem was & if anyone else there was experiencing the same....& actually there was several folks kinda in the same predicament. So if they are getting on your case for that...then i dunno what to tell you. The problems with those guys have nothing to do with me. They were the ones who mentioned to the moderator that they weren't getting any communication from you. And me addressing my problem with the length of time it was taking...then they did their own investigating. That will be done on any site. If you got in over your head with doing alot of trades here lately...that ain't my problem & i don't get myself into those situations for things happening like this right here!

I still don't think you are a bad person...just wished you would have stayed in communication with me. One of your last PM's ot me was "dude i sent them out like 2-3 weeks ago, you should be getting them soon" (sent on 8-18) & now it's 11 days later & still no cards....i'm doing what anyone else here would probably do. The fact i had to go public finally got you to respond...because i wasn't getting much from you in that department. When we had basically had talked almost every day..thne you receive my cards & i hardly get any comunication back since...that is a red flag & how else am i supposed to think? I don't know you that well despite our conversations we did have. You may think this is a witch hunt....but this was made public for others to be aware of the situation & for them to know that they don't have to just sit back & do nothing. With our trades being more on a higher-end note with several hundred dollars worth of cards being trade on both ends..it shouldn't just sit idely by & go unnoticed.

If you're feeling are hurt...i don't know if i can apologize for that. I didn't get myself over my head & take on more than i can handle. I'd still like to think it's the mail taking it's precious time. I'd still like to think i i can still trade with you in the future...as i had no reason to not think that before! I do still think you're a good person...just this one situation hasn't turned out good so far. I have every right to do what i did. I'm the one who's still waiting when you got my cards July 27th...& today is August 29th & i have nothing in the mail yet from you.

If we do trade again...you will have to send first! I'd still like to as you have a Jamie Been i want. But i don't have to have it! Let's just get this situation finished....hopefully soon. Then we'll move on from there! I don't want you to have to jump ship from here neither. This is what it is. I hope we can just be adults & move forward & get the problem fixed. I've been as professional as anyone could be having the same problem. Any other person might have just cursed their way into their thoughts. I didn't. As i've still said...if those cards do get here...i'll apologize for the publicity of it all...but i had to do what i had to do! Even if it turns out you have to send my cards back....i'll still send them back i fthe cards do show up. But if they do have to come back...it'll still take a few weeks for that..& thi swhole ordeal willbe into it's 2nd moth...which aint but a week or so away from originally being that from when we first traded July 6th.
[Image: BennBanner.png]

Looking for Jamie Benn short prints from 09-10!

http://photobucket.com/BennHockey
http://photobucket.com/hockeytrades