`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITG question

RE: ITG question
(08-15-2012, 10:56 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: It is a huge deal to many collectors. Even though I personally love ITG products to death, the many things that affect their overall value include:

1) Slabbed cards in the case of ITG UM are hit or miss. I like them due to the safety and security of them, but many people do not like them because they are tougher to store and prevent them from touching the swatches within.

2) Licensing, as previously mentioned. A lot of people only want the here- and-now NHL rookies in their NHL uniforms. The inability to make rookie cards, or cards of many youngsters under license with Upper Deck or Panini chops their market considerably.

3) Design. Because of a lack of a license, ITG cannot use the fine images on Getty Images. As a result, they recycle many of the same photos over and over and over again on their cards, some of which are pretty low-resolution. Generally, their overall card designs are pretty ordinary and not as sparkly or high-res as the competitors'.

4) No serial numbering. Just having a stated print run online is not enough in many cases as not all collectors make themselves aware of these things. If all of the ITG cards were serial numbered and not just given a stated print run online, there would definitely be a noticeable improvement in resale and retrade value.
I, yeah, um, he said everything. I'm going to just cosign and back out quietly.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

RE: ITG question
all the reasons been put out already

but i still enjoy some itg products or chase a few itg cards for my own want list
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)