`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet peeve thats getting out of hand...

RE: Pet peeve thats getting out of hand...
.... one of the many super-fantastic things we can all thank Panini for...
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(08-03-2012, 12:06 AM)phildo37 Wrote: .... one of the many super-fantastic things we can all thank Panini for...
Its not just with Panini cards, its with every type of cards. So you cant really put blame on the manufacturer. It happenes on every card that has a 2 color jersey with a seam.

I guess the buyer could complain and get a refund. That happened to me with a card I listed. It was a short print card but the seriel number wasnt stamped on the card. I listed it as SP /99, which it was. The buyer bought the card for a bank breaking $11. When he got it he preceeded to email me saying I lied about the card. I gave him a link to print runs of each card and explained to him that not all SP cards have the run stamped on them and that he needs to do more reasearch on items that he is bidding on. He told me that he wanted me to refund him his money & THEN pay him back for having to ship the card back to me. After going back & forth on emails we finally agreed thats id refund him $4 off the $11, even though the going rate for the card was in the $15 range. I just didnt want to bascially LOSE $$$ on listing fees, sales % & shipping both ways on the card... lol it woulda basically been I sold a card, refunded it and lost $6 just because some moron didnt know what he was buying and threated negative feedback... So I guess the buyer can always get his money back if he gets scammed on a Patch thats really a jersey, but then again the seller might not be as willing to do so.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

Panini has put a load of confusion in this matter recently. When it came to ITG and Upper Deck's terminology, anything but an actual logo, number, nameplate, sleeve/shoulder patch or NHL crest was considered a jersey swatch. Panini was going along with it until this year when they introduced "Prime" swatches consisting of collars, seams and multicolored pieces. I personally think that it was their way to be allowed to up their production count without taking a hit (dropping another set, charges, etc.), for they called it another parallel.

What gets me is that Panini just slaughtered their reputation and amazing sets with this practice. The Prime are occasionally numbered to the same serial that the Patches are numbered, which may cause confusion... but there is the shady factor too. Haha! It will never stop as long as someone gets money from it. The seller gets money, eBay gets money and PayPal get money. That's all that this is about for some people. All we can do is things like Bruce did and warn people about what they are buying. This thread is a good one for that, and I hope that some of the newer collectors can see this and know that they have to be wary when purchasing on eBay.

Randi

(08-02-2012, 09:00 PM)teemucollector8 Wrote: I've seen some sellers just put the words "Rookie, Patch, Auto, Rare" in every heading just to get more looks. It definitely annoys me too. I also hate when they have a card #'d to whatever, but the player's jersey number is part of the serial #, e.g. Selanne #'d 08/100. Then they ask for like 5 times what the card is worth. I know some collector's may appreciate that, but in his terminology every parallel in the set is a 1/1. Ridiculous...
How many times do you click "piece of authentic" and get pages and pages of 87-88 OPC cards?

Can't stand that.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(08-03-2012, 03:33 PM)wickabee Wrote: How many times do you click "piece of authentic" and get pages and pages of 87-88 OPC cards?

Can't stand that.
Exactly my point....it's all about the false marketing. But, if you don't check some of those other categories out, you may be missing out on something you really want. Just put exactly what you're looking for in the search for best results, but there ends up with like 400 less items.
Teemu count: 1642 different cards

Always looking for Selanne's
for my PC.

E-mail: suomibear8@aol.com

(08-03-2012, 08:07 PM)teemucollector8 Wrote: Exactly my point....it's all about the false marketing. But, if you don't check some of those other categories out, you may be missing out on something you really want. Just put exactly what you're looking for in the search for best results, but there ends up with like 400 less items.
The problem with that is, being a player collector, I'm rarely looking for one card and never looking for one set. I'm looking for Barry Brust or Steve Kell not an 06-07 Upper Deck, necessarily.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

i hate to say it but this is sad for me this is a hobby which i try to enjoy for the fun of collecting
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Oh, man, I'm glad you brought this up ... I know this is the hockey forum, but within the last six weeks or so I was scouring the bay for Michael Jordan autos, and you would not believe how many "false" listings there were for purely crap $1 cards ...

They're not breaking the rules or anything, but it sure was annoying ...

(08-09-2012, 07:33 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Oh, man, I'm glad you brought this up ... I know this is the hockey forum, but within the last six weeks or so I was scouring the bay for Michael Jordan autos, and you would not believe how many "false" listings there were for purely crap $1 cards ...

They're not breaking the rules or anything, but it sure was annoying ...
I dont understand how they arent breaking the rules? Your advertising something in which you are not selling. Its clearly against the rules... I know I told this story before, but if purposly mis-labeling your auctuion is not against the rules then how is this >>> When the Nike Galaxey FoamPosite limited shoes came out for the NBA All-Star game season my friend has a foamposite promotional photo that he put up on ebay. about 5 mins after he listed it the bids were up to $800 cause no one bothered to read the title & descritpion that said FoamPosite Galexy Photo. Ebay pulled the listing after about an hour and banned his ebay & paylpal account linked to it and when he called the explanation they gave him was that he was a security risk and they have nothing further to say... So how is PURPOSELY listing something wrong to make more money completely within the rules, but listing something correctly that idiots dont read & bid $800!!! on ban worthy?? lol the description of the promo pic even said in bold PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE BIDDING, THIS IS A PHOTO AND NOT AN ACTUAL PAIR OF FOAMPOSITE SHOES...

Ebay/Paypal makes me scratch my head sometimes... Its pretty sad when im scared to call the company to increase my selling limits out of fear that the might just decide to limit my account while they have it pulled up, for no other reason except that WE ARE EBAYYYYY AND WE DO WHAT WE WANT... lol
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

Could be the sellers just don't know the difference... how many listings were there back in 05/06 for UD ICE with "PTBZ" or whatever that chemical abbreviation was for "plastic"... bet you most sellers who put that in their listing had no clue what that even meant, but other similar cards used the term so they just copied. On the other hand, there's a Patrick Roy Mask card on e-bay listed as a die cut because the top left corner is clipped. Looks like a promo to me, so I advised the seller of that and he thanked me for alerting him, but months later it's still out there as a die cut with a BIN of $100+.

Please help me find one of these 05/06 Hejduk Patches #/50:

[Image: HejdukCoolThreadsPatch502.jpg]