`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The state of my shop

The state of my shop
We have come to the conclusion after alot of thought just to stay where we are currently located and are going to put alot of work into changing things up. That other location is not even built yet and we want to get our new policies underway. I am going to have a board in new ( and improved shop for all the beckett members to sign. So anyone who is within reason will need to come out once we are done. We will be making a box break area, putting up a new flat screen tv, renovating our 100 year old display cases and buying some new ones, painting the whole store so you can tell Pittsburgh right away, our landlord is replacing the roof and building a new parking lot, we will have about 20-25 feet of just boxes to sort through (quarter cards - autos and game used), we will have a consignment case if any of you want to sell some unwanted stuff, we will have a small display with the history or the hobby (probably going to have every baseball and football start from the start until current, just one of each year), and we are going to display all the old vintage items we have in our personal collection (old bats, gloves, footballs, golf clubs, advertising), we are going to have a best pulls area with Polaroid on hand to take those classic mug shot pictures of you with your card, we will like always be taking base cards on trade, we are going to try and have one empty table for you to work on your sets, and maybe sort out stuff on a trade night ( which we want to have just need to gauge interest, I will possibly have my colbert PC on display ( I would die if something happened to it lol), were going to try and have either a tablet or laptop in our front room (which will in the future house the box break area and still keep our supplies out there) to browse our ebay inventory since we do not display those cards in the shop, we are going to try and have a news board area to show when all of our shows we are promoting are and have our personal show schedule of the shows we are just setting up at, and I want to try and have a pinball machine in there. If anyone else can add anything please comment. We are going to start "emptying" the shop next after the nationals, meaning throwing out the junk and taking the non popular items to storage. We are going to start with a clean slate in the shop minus our display cases because we do not have a place to put nearly a dozen displays lol. Comments and suggestions welcome as said and we will be keeping track of the process with pictures. Thanks for all the previous ideas and many of them will be used in our new plan ( As many that are actually possible to do )
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: The state of my shop
I live on the other side of PA but, I was born a Pittsburgh fan. I make it out there for a few Steelers and Pens games every year so I will definitlry swing by once it's all done!
[Image: mAkA0.png]

I work 3rd shift, so it might take a day or two to get back to you. Trades usually don't get mailed out on Tuesdays-Thursdays. Thanks!
My Bucket
http://s1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389...r%20trade/

Sounds good man! Im expecting alot of work ahead the next couple months. Theres alot of work that needs done

Sounds like it's gonna be great. I wish I was closer.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

i know i suggested this last time around (and i dont think i saw it above), but i like the idea:

have a donation box for folks that want to take unwanted cards from box breaks, or just cards in general, and have the cards go to charity, preferably a children's charity

if you really want to go above and beyond, you could do a matching program: for every 10 or 100 cards your customers give in, you will also donate 1 card or 1 dollar or whatever.

(07-29-2012, 10:21 AM)younglover Wrote: Sounds like it's gonna be great. I wish I was closer.
Me too. I want as many beckett members to make it out eventually. Weather they come here on business or are in the area travelling. I am bummed we arent getting our new location so were going to go all out at this one
(07-29-2012, 10:21 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i know i suggested this last time around (and i dont think i saw it above), but i like the idea:

have a donation box for folks that want to take unwanted cards from box breaks, or just cards in general, and have the cards go to charity, preferably a children's charity

if you really want to go above and beyond, you could do a matching program: for every 10 or 100 cards your customers give in, you will also donate 1 card or 1 dollar or whatever.
Jacoby,

I forgot to put that in. Our by where we are going to have a couch area for box breaks and stuff like that there will be a box to place unwanted base. We are going to actually match one for one. We have a few disabled kids who come in the shop that we always give cards to. So thats what well do with those. We give as many as their parents let us. We just gave a four row full out yesterday to a boy and his father didnt seem too happy lol...3000+ cards all over their house

Wow sounds like a great shop. Too bad I live in Texas.... All the good shops are so far away!!!
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

haha im sorry well you gotta plan a trip to the burgh then

(07-30-2012, 12:52 AM)chads-cards Wrote: haha im sorry well you gotta plan a trip to the burgh then
Might do That. But Want to hit NC first before anywhere else. Haven't been there since Basic Training back in 95. And still a Panthers fan 17 years later.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Once you come t the burgh youll be a steelers fan lol