`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning a BCCG case?

Cleaning a BCCG case?
Hi there, I am new to collecting. I recently bought a BCCG card from eBay that I really like, it's my first ever graded card, but the seller basically taped my name onto the card and shipped it to me. I tried to carefully peel the tape off but got left with junky residue all over the face of the player (Steve Yzerman RC).

My first thought was goo-gone or something like that, or even windex BUT I just wanted to ask and see if anyones cleaned their graded cards, if there is a best practice or certain product that is known to be great, I obviously don't want to ruin/stain the case for good, but I need to get this sticky ugly tape residue off my BCCG case.

Thanks!!

RE: Cleaning a BCCG case?
I feel like a few years ago someone said Goo Gone kills the seal on graded cases.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

If I'm guessing correctly about the residue or "goo" (similar to whats behind when you peel a beer label?) letting peanut butter sit on it for ~30 mins or so should loosen it right up and make it easy to wipe/rub off. That usually works pretty well with sticker residue on glass, at least.

I have not tried this myself, though I dont see peanut butter harming a BGS slab.

Being new to collecting stay away from BCCG cards. You will get suckered into buying a BCCG 10 for twice as much and its not truly a 10. I have yet to have a BCCG 10 come back higher than a BGS 8 and 2 out of 10 have come back 6 and 6.5. Buy BGS or PSA.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC