`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ads on jerseys

RE: ads on jerseys
(07-24-2012, 04:26 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Kind of like the jerseys that were worn in the MSU vs. UNC game last year on the ship? Smile I want one of those jerseys.
Those are the types of jerseys that will bring in bank for card companies.. since there were probably 2 made for each player in the game..

I wish I went to go see that game, but couldn't get tickets..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

If they can keep paying people $10,000,000 a year to play a game yet lower my ticket prices, I am probably for more logos.

One of my students noted the other day that someone making $50,000 per year would have to work 200 years to make $10,000,000, and he would still have to buy his own lunch on his own dime every day and be completely accounted for and at work 2,000 hours a year, minimum.

Are athletes going to take less money to help the fans enjoy the experience? Maybe, but not likely. Heck, I wouldn't. How am I going to be able to take my Family to a professional sporting event? Lower ticket prices. One way to help? Corporate logos. Imagine how much a company would pay to have their logo on a World Series or Super Bowl uniform. Consider a 30 second Super Bowl add multiplied exponentially. Heck, they could let half of us in for free and still make a profit.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(07-25-2012, 09:37 AM)jonathani Wrote: If they can keep paying people $10,000,000 a year to play a game yet lower my ticket prices, I am probably for more logos.

One of my students noted the other day that someone making $50,000 per year would have to work 200 years to make $10,000,000, and he would still have to buy his own lunch on his own dime every day and be completely accounted for and at work 2,000 hours a year, minimum.

Are athletes going to take less money to help the fans enjoy the experience? Maybe, but not likely. Heck, I wouldn't. How am I going to be able to take my Family to a professional sporting event? Lower ticket prices. One way to help? Corporate logos. Imagine how much a company would pay to have their logo on a World Series or Super Bowl uniform. Consider a 30 second Super Bowl add multiplied exponentially. Heck, they could let half of us in for free and still make a profit.

JonathanI
Exactly, I dont think anyone should complain just yet. The only negative thing is appearence. And even that, Im sure they will make it attractive not goudy. These ads will ONLY benefit the fans. Also, I believe the players wont make anything off of them, the organization will. Its not going to be like NASCAR where each individual has different sponsors. Its the sponsors of the team and/or the NBA. In case some of you are confused about that.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Im sorry but they will get the corporate sponsors money and they will still continue to increase ticket prices...owners are greedy and im sure love the idea of extra money in their pockets..

Not sure how the fans will benefit but i guess we will see....

what are they gonna do when coke wants to sponsor them but the star player has a deal with pepsi? kinda like when MJ covered up the Reebox logo in the Olympics..
[Image: arod.gif]

(07-25-2012, 03:38 PM)arod1973 Wrote: what are they gonna do when coke wants to sponsor them but the star player has a deal with pepsi? kinda like when MJ covered up the Reebox logo in the Olympics..
I'm not saying this to slight the players for making money or the companies for giving it to them, but maybe the amount of endorsement deals will stop. I mean, you know the superstars will have their endorsement deals, but maybe the smaller ones will go by the way side because the company will be like "Shoot, I can pay less per year to this team and have 15 guys advertise my stuff and if they do well, then it'll be shown in the playoffs." I doubt it, but it'd be nice.

I also have my fear (not that I go to any) that the owners still won't lower ticket prices. I think it was Mike and Mike In The Morning that I was listening to after they announced this and Golic said that in business class he was taught that the smartest thing to do in business is to hike up the prices until people stop paying, then lower them down again and people will start paying again. This way, the arena is getting the maximum money out of you you're willing to spend. If the arena could charge you $7 for a hot dog, they would.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards