`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black spots on graded card. HELP!

Black spots on graded card. HELP!
I have a Lebron James 03-04 Topps Pristine Gold Refractor that is graded a 9 Mint. I have not looked at it for a couple of years. I recently pulled it out and noticed what looks to be a few black spots on the card or on the sleeve around the card. I can tell that the spots are not on the plastic protective case. Has anyone else ever noticed a problem like this? Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I have it regraded? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Black spots on graded card. HELP!
Can you post some close up pictures of the card.

(07-09-2012, 11:09 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Can you post some close up pictures of the card.
Thank you sonic311 for your reply. I'm gonna try to upload a few pictures. I tried to take better pictures, but this is the best I could do with the reflection. If you look to the left of his right foot there are two small black spots. There are also two small black spots to the left of his left foot. I can look at the card from the side and can tell that these spots are not on the outside protective case, but are either on the card or the sleeve protecting the card. Do you think it could possibly be air bubbles between the card and sleeve? I'm just taking a guess. Anyway, thanks again for your response and I hope these pictures turn out good enough for you to be able to identify the problem. Thanks.
(07-09-2012, 11:09 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Can you post some close up pictures of the card.
Sonic311, that picture came out worse than I thought. The spots are visible though. Any suggestions on how I could upload a better one? As you can tell, I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-09-2012, 09:26 PM)jjcampbe Wrote: Thank you sonic311 for your reply. I'm gonna try to upload a few pictures. I tried to take better pictures, but this is the best I could do with the reflection. If you look to the left of his right foot there are two small black spots. There are also two small black spots to the left of his left foot. I can look at the card from the side and can tell that these spots are not on the outside protective case, but are either on the card or the sleeve protecting the card. Do you think it could possibly be air bubbles between the card and sleeve? I'm just taking a guess. Anyway, thanks again for your response and I hope these pictures turn out good enough for you to be able to identify the problem. Thanks.

Sonic311, that picture came out worse than I thought. The spots are visible though. Any suggestions on how I could upload a better one? As you can tell, I need all the help I can get. Thanks.
In order to post pictures you have to upload them to a photosharing site like photobucket or imageshack.

I hope that this helps.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

The only thing that ever comes to mind for me when I hear of little black spots on anything is mildew.

Black mold.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!