`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I buy this card

RE: Should I buy this card
the seller knows you really want the card, so he'll squeeze every penny out of you. a few sellers have tried this with my Jordan Farmar collection.. he's no longer with the Lakers, so his fan base has dropped. I still collect him, because he went to UCLA & was a Laker.

One seller tried to sell an Ultimate "debut" patch/auto /10 for $249, even though it is not worth even close to that much.. Almost two years later, the seller still has the card, but listed at $195 as of today. I will not pay more than $25-40 delivered for this card.

Another seller has a SPA 08-09 Andrew Bynum "fullname" letter "Y" auto /5 listed at $300.. Most I paid for one of Bynum's letters/autos was $160 & it was a 1/1 "cityname" version.. funny thing was, the seller had a 2nd "letter/auto" that he listed about 4-6 months after the first one (serial /5, but different letter), but had a "buy now" for under $80 delivered. I snatched it up since I needed it.. I do not need the letter "Y". I already got one.. I try to pick them all up, so nobody else can try to complete the name-set & my set will have a premium if I am able to complete it..

good luck talking the seller down in price. I think $25-30 delivered would be fair.

Be careful if you buy outside ebay..

DO NOT SEND MONEY AS A GIFT... he could scam you!! & never send you your card, since you sent him the money as a gift, instead of a purchase.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(07-01-2012, 08:05 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: the seller knows you really want the card, so he'll squeeze every penny out of you. a few sellers have tried this with my Jordan Farmar collection.. he's no longer with the Lakers, so his fan base has dropped. I still collect him, because he went to UCLA & was a Laker.

One seller tried to sell an Ultimate "debut" patch/auto /10 for $249, even though it is not worth even close to that much.. Almost two years later, the seller still has the card, but listed at $195 as of today. I will not pay more than $25-40 delivered for this card.

Another seller has a SPA 08-09 Andrew Bynum "fullname" letter "Y" auto /5 listed at $300.. Most I paid for one of Bynum's letters/autos was $160 & it was a 1/1 "cityname" version.. funny thing was, the seller had a 2nd "letter/auto" that he listed about 4-6 months after the first one (serial /5, but different letter), but had a "buy now" for under $80 delivered. I snatched it up since I needed it.. I do not need the letter "Y". I already got one.. I try to pick them all up, so nobody else can try to complete the name-set & my set will have a premium if I am able to complete it..

good luck talking the seller down in price. I think $25-30 delivered would be fair.

Be careful if you buy outside ebay..

DO NOT SEND MONEY AS A GIFT... he could scam you!! & never send you your card, since you sent him the money as a gift, instead of a purchase.

He never responded to my $32 offer. The last message he sent he said he would relist it on ebay for me if I did not want to do a direct paypal transaction. I think he meant with the same $29.99+ $3.50 shipping. I would be fine with that.

if seller relists card with price you mentioned last, I think that is a good deal for a low serial number card. they are hard to come by.. but might be hard to sell down the road if you ever chose to do so... because of the low fan base.. I'm in the same boat with my Farmar Collection... good luck getting the card.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(07-03-2012, 07:23 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: if seller relists card with price you mentioned last, I think that is a good deal for a low serial number card. they are hard to come by.. but might be hard to sell down the road if you ever chose to do so... because of the low fan base.. I'm in the same boat with my Farmar Collection... good luck getting the card.

Yeah you are 100% correct with everything you said. I do not think this seller is american because it seems that he is not understanding parts of my messages. Here is his latest message. He keeps adding to the total! I am considering just forgetting about this card all together now.

"Please let me know when you have sent the $39.65 which will cover the card plus exact cost of shipping for card with tracking,and I will put it in the mail to you on Monday. It is a way cool card, as I've never seen one with such a large patch along with piece of basketball, and autograph all on a card with only four others like it in the world."

(07-03-2012, 08:15 AM)davidanthony2k Wrote: Yeah you are 100% correct with everything you said. I do not think this seller is american because it seems that he is not understanding parts of my messages. Here is his latest message. He keeps adding to the total! I am considering just forgetting about this card all together now.

"Please let me know when you have sent the $39.65 which will cover the card plus exact cost of shipping for card with tracking,and I will put it in the mail to you on Monday. It is a way cool card, as I've never seen one with such a large patch along with piece of basketball, and autograph all on a card with only four others like it in the world."
If you don't feel comfortable buying at that price then don't. Never feel like you need something that much. Just tell him that you will only send him x amount for the card (shipping included). He has two options- agree or disagree. He is the one who will be stuck with the card in the end. If he decides to do Paypal take a little off. I wouldn't put to much stock into what he says because he is trying to make a profit. There are really only two type of people who want that card- collectors of that player and set fillers. If you walk from the deal, he may come back later trying to make a deal.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(07-03-2012, 10:27 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: If you don't feel comfortable buying at that price then don't. Never feel like you need something that much. Just tell him that you will only send him x amount for the card (shipping included). He has two options- agree or disagree. He is the one who will be stuck with the card in the end. If he decides to do Paypal take a little off. I wouldn't put to much stock into what he says because he is trying to make a profit. There are really only two type of people who want that card- collectors of that player and set fillers. If you walk from the deal, he may come back later trying to make a deal.

This is my message to him since he sent me that gem to let him know when i sent payment.

"nevermind.... I am not paying $39.65 for this card. It is not worth it. I was willing to pay the 38 dollars even though I knew I was paying too much. Now you are adding another $1.65 to the total that I thought was too high to begin with. If you relist the card at the same price you had it last time I MIGHT bid. And we both know I would be the only bidder since you've listed the card about 5 times already. There is no need for you to describe the card to me to hype it up. I know what it looks like and nothing you say will make me want it anymore than I do.

(07-03-2012, 11:07 AM)davidanthony2k Wrote: This is my message to him since he sent me that gem to let him know when i sent payment.

"nevermind.... I am not paying $39.65 for this card. It is not worth it. I was willing to pay the 38 dollars even though I knew I was paying too much. Now you are adding another $1.65 to the total that I thought was too high to begin with. If you relist the card at the same price you had it last time I MIGHT bid. And we both know I would be the only bidder since you've listed the card about 5 times already. There is no need for you to describe the card to me to hype it up. I know what it looks like and nothing you say will make me want it anymore than I do.
Well done, seller is definitely a kook, and you should let him know you have little intention of playing his game.
[Image: nvsi7n.png]

UPDATE- The 3/5 version is on ebay now at auction currently at 12.50! The same seller also has a few other James Johnson low numbered rookie year autos I am interested in! Good thing I had a good week on fanduel!

I've got a gerald henderson like that and I think I got it for 30 or 35. This was also in a buy it now auction. So I think passing on the first was/is a good decision. I feel some of the same pain as you collecting a player not many else do. Sellers try to take advantage of you and it gets really annoying.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

I think a lot of sellers scour these boards and look for the somewhat less than mainstream PC guys like Prado, Shipley, your guy James Johnson (now a King, woo!) and try to jack them all up, because they know there's a specific market for them (ie PC).

I'm glad you stayed away from the guy, because anybody pressing you that bad for a side deal is questionable to begin with, not to mention you would have no recourse if he hosed you and didn't send the card.

Good luck on the 3/5, I'll bet you'll get it for $20 or less.

In general, when people ask if they should buy a card, I always say go for it — if you want it bad enough and can legitimately afford it.

But in this case, I think you were very smart to avoid it.