`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A note on signatures

RE: A note on signatures
(07-18-2012, 09:58 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: It was there all along, don't see how it was too long. Your sig is actually bigger, so whatever ...
longer isnt the same as bigger

if you had read the original post, the problem is length. when folks have to scroll sideways because your signature is too big, that's an issue

and just because it was always that way didnt make it correct

As I said, there is no need to scroll and you have a bigger sig anyway. I think the discussion is over, actually.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

you still dont understand. wider isnt the same as bigger. mine is compliant with the forums rules.

YOU may not have to scroll to the side. however: look at the far right blue line: when you had three kornikova's, it made the screen much wider, meaning folks had to go past the half screen length. the easiest way to tell is looking at that far right blue line

just because you dont understand doesnt make you right

Actually he is right,
Yours is bigger than his Jacobystealshome
Math proves it also, Your signature is 10 7/8 in. X 4 1/2 in : His is 13 1/2 in X 2 1/2 in
The area of yours is 48.9375 in and his is 33.75 in.... Now which one was bigger again Jacoby...?
It's ok to be wrong sometimes, and you dont need to always jump down peoples throats right away and be the Grinch of these boards.
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

(07-19-2012, 03:25 PM)insidethevines Wrote: Actually he is right,
Yours is bigger than his Jacobystealshome
Math proves it also, Your signature is 10 7/8 in. X 4 1/2 in : His is 13 1/2 in X 2 1/2 in
The area of yours is 48.9375 in and his is 33.75 in.... Now which one was bigger again Jacoby...?
It's ok to be wrong sometimes, and you dont need to always jump down peoples throats right away and be the Grinch of these boards.
No actually he is right.

Total Area (length x width) is not the issue.

Having one of the dimensions (either length OR width) so excessive that it causes someone using normal screen resolutions to scroll excessively either up/down OR left/right is what this is addressing.

Hopefully this clears up any misunderstanding and the childish name-calling can stop.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Thank you for that. Now maybe jacoby will feel better about the situation. Also, I've always had the three kournikova's, so I don't think he even knows what he's looking at. I'm not near the blue line and if I was someone would have said so.

Too bad there wasn't a display settings option where you could simply choose not to see people's signatures show up in a thread. Problem solved.

(04-09-2013, 12:29 PM)jpesky6 Wrote: Too bad there wasn't a display settings option where you could simply choose not to see people's signatures show up in a thread. Problem solved.
i can...i just use adblocker, and i can zap any signature i want

oh, and if you want to get rid of ALL signatures, just go here:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/usercp.php?action=options

on the right side, under "thread view options", there are radio buttons for signatures, avatars, etc

Perfect, thanks for pointing that out!!!

Jacoby is like the king of signatures, dude loves them.