`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
When did Dwayne Wade become such a whiny baby?

RE: When did Dwayne Wade become such a whiny baby?
(05-18-2012, 11:49 AM)arod1973 Wrote: I have to agree with everyone..I used to like D-Wade especially with him being a Chicago guy, but it seemed as soon as LeBron and Bosh got there, he changed into a completely different personality...
+1
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

I agree with all this wholeheartedly. Honestly, it is part of the reason why I've stopped collecting his cards. I went to college with the guy and even worked with him when I was an athletic training student at Marquette. He was always very humble but immensely talented. His cocky attitude and sudden apparent feeling of entitlement, which as others have said appears to have coincided with the arrival of LeBron, have really turned me off from the guy. Admittedly, I don't know how he is off the court but I guess that's what happens when you're in the public eye.

To end this rant on a positive note, I have been very impressed with the Spurs, especially Kawhi Leonard. He has great mentors with Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan on that team. It's probably me getting older but I just appreciate people who go out and humbly kick another team's a**.

(05-18-2012, 11:12 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Not a huge NBA fan but used to be and one of my faves was always Dwayne Wade. Watching ESPN the last year or so made me realize that somewhere along the way Dwayne Wade turned into a b*tch. Stupid statements, subpar play, constantly complaining about calls...Overall just pissing and moaning. Can't stand him now. When and why did this happen?

Yeah, because Cole Hamels is such a stand-up guy.

Sure worked out great hitting Bryce Harper, eh? Forgot to look over at third base on that pickoff attempt to first?

These are the basketball boards, thanks.

(05-18-2012, 06:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, because Cole Hamels is such a stand-up guy.

Sure worked out great hitting Bryce Harper, eh? Forgot to look over at third base on that pickoff attempt to first?

These are the basketball boards, thanks.
Well first off I blasted Hamels in another thread for that. Secondly you are absolutely right this is the basketball thread so why are you bringing up Hamels? Thanks for contributing nothing to this you absolute nitwit

(05-18-2012, 06:41 PM)phillies816 Wrote: Well first off I blasted Hamels in another thread for that. Secondly you are absolutely right this is the basketball thread so why are you bringing up Hamels? Thanks for contributing nothing to this you absolute nitwit
I don't think name-calling is allowed ... and I must have missed your groundbreaking post on Hamels the first time around ... I usually try to tune in.

It's just that if you're going to blast one player in a particular sport, make sure your own guys haven't been complete a--- hats in the last couple of weeks.

I laughed out loud when Hamels talked about being 'old school' ...

He made his major league debut WAY back in 2006.

Gee, did they even have television back then to watch his games?

Did the box scores come over via mimeograph?

I would say Hamels would be the nitwit in this case.

As for Wade, yeah, pretty disappointing, but nobody has given any credit at all to the Pacers for being a much better, deeper all-around team than Miami.

(05-18-2012, 02:47 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: To end this rant on a positive note, I have been very impressed with the Spurs, especially Kawhi Leonard. He has great mentors with Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan on that team. It's probably me getting older but I just appreciate people who go out and humbly kick another team's a**.
I like what your saying here, The Spurs do their job quietly and its not until the playoffs when people hear and see their true game. I love my SPURS!!!

Now, to the Wade topic, last year I love the fact Dallas punked them badly. The thing that got to me was when LBJ and Wade decided it would be fun to poke at Dirk cause he was somewhat hurt. So they came out of the dressing room with ice packs on their knees..REALLY??? Later they said they were just joking around which I saw nothing funny about it. Dirk got the last laugh anyways. Now, if the Pacers do the same, which I believe they can. It will be two teams that didn't have the attention or stars, but the desire and heart to win. Something I'm NOT seeing from the Heat currently. Its not about how many stars you have, just ask Jerry Jones!!! (Ouch!)...lol

[Image: 9ersncrabtree.jpg]

(05-18-2012, 06:59 PM)9ersncrabtree Wrote: To end this rant on a positive note, I have been very impressed with the Spurs, especially Kawhi Leonard. He has great mentors with Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan on that team. It's probably me getting older but I just appreciate people who go out and humbly kick another team's a**.
I like what your saying here, The Spurs do their job quietly and its not until the playoffs when people hear and see their true game. I love my SPURS!!!

Now, to the Wade topic, last year I love the fact Dallas punked them badly. The thing that got to me was when LBJ and Wade decided it would be fun to poke at Dirk cause he was somewhat hurt. So they came out of the dressing room with ice packs on their knees..REALLY??? Later they said they were just joking around which I saw nothing funny about it. Dirk got the last laugh anyways. Now, if the Pacers do the same, which I believe they can. It will be two teams that didn't have the attention or stars, but the desire and heart to win. Something I'm seeing that the Heat don't have currently. Its not about how many stars you have, just ask Jerry Jones!!! (Ouch!)...lol

[/quote]

You're totally right ... it always bothers me when the media makes it out like Team A is only losing because Team A is beating itself or someone on Team A is injured, and they don't give any credit to Team B whatsoever.

All ESPN wanted to talk about and show today was Wade's tantrum, and they spent like zero time on the team that WON by what, 19?

I've never been a Pacers fan, but I've been really impressed with the roster Larry Bird has put together ... David West is a tough guy and was a huge pickup, and Hibbert just keeps getting better.

Even bench guys like Hansbrough and Collison would be starters elsewhere, but they're just as effective as the starters when they get in.

I honestly think they're the best team in the East, though I'm thinking Stern is cringing at the ratings that a Spurs-Pacers final would get (no offense — rings are the bottom line, so I'll take a front-line power organization like the Spurs over any of the tabloid teams any day).

Personally, I believe that Wade is showing his true colors. I don't think that it's fair to blame another person for the actions of a grown man. People seem to forget that LeBron was liked by most basketball fans before the decision. Even after the decision, people were trying to justify LeBron's actions. Wade was showing this cockiness before LeBron came to town. I remember him jumping up on tables after games yelling out that this is his house. I remember him acting hard after certain plays. People seemed to turn a blind eye to this stuff because they wanted to like him.

I think all of them are talented and deserve the awards that they receive. I don't want to hate on anyone (it's apart of the business, we may not like how they act, but a lot of players wouldn't be able to play at a high level without being jerks). A lot of people seem to LOVE Jordan, but Jordan arguably had the worst personality of any superstar basketball player. Even to this day, a lot of people that have met Jordan become turned off by his personality (here's one story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ZQERHL6ow). I've hardly ever heard of people that have MET LeBron, Wade and Bosh say anything close to the things I've heard about Jordan.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I think you are absolutely right about Jordan kenarm79. Talk about someone who thought the world was owed to him. But, really who of us would deny him. I collect mainly MJ cards and truly believe he is the best basketball player of all time, but what a horrible off court personality. I don't know if anyone heard of some of his excerpts or watched his hall of fame induction ceremony, but the guy had to take that moment to humiliate anyone who wronged him or further humiliate anyone who he got the better of. Maybe it was because he knew he was better than everyone. Maybe he knew everyone wanted to be him.

As for Wade, I always enjoyed watching him play after post-Shaq and pre-LeBron. He was fearless and as everyone else mentioned, humble. But, I agree that he has had this sense of entitlement since LeBron came into the picture. Maybe because there isn't enough basketballs for him and LeBron at once and he realizes he isn't the best player on HIS team.

Anyone remember when he had to be wheeled off in a wheelchair with a shoulder injury?
I collect Michael Jordan base, insert and high end insert cards from his RC to t
he 1998-99 season. I also collect rookie cards from the four major sports in th
e 70's, 80's and 90's.

(05-19-2012, 08:42 PM)mj23supercollector Wrote: I think you are absolutely right about Jordan kenarm79. Talk about someone who thought the world was owed to him. But, really who of us would deny him. I collect mainly MJ cards and truly believe he is the best basketball player of all time, but what a horrible off court personality. I don't know if anyone heard of some of his excerpts or watched his hall of fame induction ceremony, but the guy had to take that moment to humiliate anyone who wronged him or further humiliate anyone who he got the better of. Maybe it was because he knew he was better than everyone. Maybe he knew everyone wanted to be him.

As for Wade, I always enjoyed watching him play after post-Shaq and pre-LeBron. He was fearless and as everyone else mentioned, humble. But, I agree that he has had this sense of entitlement since LeBron came into the picture. Maybe because there isn't enough basketballs for him and LeBron at once and he realizes he isn't the best player on HIS team.

Anyone remember when he had to be wheeled off in a wheelchair with a shoulder injury?
I remember when that happen, lol. The same thing applies to Kobe. He puts almost every teammate he has had under the bus and people just ignore it. When the Colorado situation came out, he tried to throw Shaq under the bus. He's talked down on Bynum when he wanted JKidd on the team. People forget how petty Kobe was when he had no help. He keeps calling out Gasol's play (even when his own play is substandard). When they went to game 7 in the last series he let it be known that he couldn't depend on any of his teammates except Metta World Peace, lol (and everyone agreed with him). I could be wrong, but a team leader dosen't do that. Does anyone remember when his feelings got hurt because the team told him to stop shooting soo much and pass the ball around (mainly dump it down to Shaq in the post). The next game he decided to not shoot at ALL and the team suffered.

I think people hold LeBron to a higher standard than any sports player that has ever lived. Sometimes the complaints sound soo crazy that I can't believe that they were said. Kobe put himself in a bad moral situation and people have forgiven him because of his basketball play. LeBron has shown to make stupid business decisions within the last two years and has been attacked ever since. Honestly what does that say about all of us?

They are all human and I don't think that they deserve to be put on a pedestal. I appreciate the way they play the game of basketball. It's so hard to compare players to each other. No player is alike. Tim Duncan shows no emotion MOST of the time and people consider him a competitor. He has that IT factor. His personality is completely different than Jordans, so why do people feel like they know what's inside LeBron, Wade or Bosh?
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]