`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why are people on ebay so stupid?

why are people on ebay so stupid?
As most of you know, i have been trying for months to complete my carmelo anthony topps letterman set. I have five letters (A,N,H,O,N). well, two more letters showed up for sale the other day, one of which i need. The T is a 1/1 up for auction and I dont understand why people are placing so many bids on the card when it still has 2 days left? They are jacking the price of the card up for no reason, I messaged the guy within 5 minutes of him posting the card for auction if he would be interested in just selling it outright, and offered him good money. he said he would sell it for 350. 350 for one letter????????????? no way. so now, i am forced to sit at my computer and bid an insanely high number, which i will because this is the first T i have seen anywhere in over two months, when they could save all of us some money and wait until the auction is ending to bid.

One thing i did notice, is that alot of the accounts that are bidding, have very low feedback. I mean, i know that mine is under 50, but there are a few that have below 5? any ideas or thoughts on either of them.
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]

RE: why are people on ebay so stupid?
the Guy might be Shill Bidding. if you look at the guy with the high bid only 2 % of his bids are with the Seller but he has 45 bid retraction in 6 months.. I dont sell on ebay only buy and i havent had 1 Bid retraction yet.
What sucks is if he is Shill Bidding then he already knows you high offer and he will prob bid up to atleast that much..

(05-16-2012, 11:32 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: the Guy might be Shill Bidding. if you look at the guy with the high bid only 2 % of his bids are with the Seller but he has 45 bid retraction in 6 months.. I dont sell on ebay only buy and i havent had 1 Bid retraction yet.
What sucks is if he is Shill Bidding then he already knows you high offer and he will prob bid up to atleast that much..
how can you tell how many times ppl have bidded from sellers? i had no idea you could do this? i told the guy that the 1/1 melo lettermans go for around 50. i offered him 65. I believe that is excellent money, considering the auto versions /5 that i have bought i pay around 35. I just have never seen people bid on them to jack the price up so fast.

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

sorry to hear about your troubles bro, but in the words of Mr. Miagi "patience daniel-son!" another T will come along!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Oh I will win this one. Lol. I'm determined

Click on bid history (the number of bidders), then click on the hidden name g**k or whatever it is for any bidder and it will show their history.

(05-17-2012, 12:30 AM)natebuzzadams2 Wrote: Oh I will win this one. Lol. I'm determined
lol i trust you bro, just don't go nuts lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

dang, 1/1 lettermans go for $50???? im assuming these are manufactured then. good luck on your chase and i hope you get it for a fair price!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

STOP BIDDING! Wait until the last few seconds and then put in your max bid. This will help protect against shill bidding, and usually helps get the card at the lowest price. Just remember it doesn't matter who has the high bid each day of the auction, it only matters who has the high bid at the very end.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

i haven't placed a bid yet. i refuse to bid before the last minute or so. i know better than that. that's what my whole rant was about because people keep bidding for the last couple of days.