`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Junior Seau has Died!RIP!

RE: Junior Seau has Died!RIP!
(05-03-2012, 09:06 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: an educated opinion is grounded in something, some kind of knowledge

just stating how you feel with no knowledge is flappin' your gums

while both may be opinions, one obviously has more validity than the other

like james said....

hit it, maceo....
For once, I have to agree with you.

Every know it all on the internet instantly becomes a psychologist and passes judgement very easily.

People feel differently and deal with things in a different manner. Some people have no idea what it's like to deal with depression or even understand it.

RIP to one of the Chargers' greats.

Good post. Sorry to hear about your mom.

Some people must feel real good about themselves to talk sh*t and be disrespectful about someone that is dead over the internet.

Just remember, a lot of people loved Seau and admired him growing up like myself.

Just because I feel that suicide is selfish and didn't post my life story, does not mean that I don't know anything about the subject. I don't feel a need to post my personal experience every time I post my opinion. Men I was deployed with to Afghanistan have committed suicide. I saw the hurt and confusion this caused their families. My mother also attempted suicide when I was younger. So just because someone does not agree w/something and doesn't feel the need to post exactly why they feel that way does not mean they don't have knowledge of the subject. Am I an expert on the subject? No. I've never personally tried it. But in every situation I've seen personally, it has been selfish in my eyes.

And the whole thing about one opinion having more validity than the other. Well thats the thing about opinions. It doesn't matter how you come up with it. Unless it's a proven FACT, then an OPINION is an OPINION.
And if it comes out that Junior had some inoperable disease and discussed shooting himself in advance w/his family. After he explained that there was no hope for him and this was just to save the pain of the disease and they all were ok with it, then in that case I don't think he was selfish. So when that side of the story comes out i'll retract my earlier statements.

You know what's really selfish? Hijacking a thread to argue about a sensitive subject that most of us haven't had the misfortune of experiencing.
I was saddened to hear about Junior, hopefully his wife, children and friends can get the support they need to deal with this incident.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(05-04-2012, 03:11 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: You know what's really selfish? Hijacking a thread to argue about a sensitive subject that most of us haven't had the misfortune of experiencing.
I was saddened to hear about Junior, hopefully his wife, children and friends can get the support they need to deal with this incident.
+1
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

I just heard the 911 call on TMZ his girlfriend made.Cant help but feel for her walking into the house and finding him the way he was.Very sad to hear her in pain
[Image: LSU-Saintsbanner.jpg]

(05-04-2012, 02:53 PM)matthew fechter Wrote: . So when that side of the story comes out i'll retract my earlier statements.
selfish until proven otherwise.

Gonzo... As always you speak the truth and well put. Only Junior knew what made him feel this was the best way out. You can label him a coward, somebody that took a shortcut.... Or you can just say the man was in an incredible amount of pain and was not able to find relief.

I was stationed in San Diego for 15 years, you could not help but idolize Junior, all the good he did and the energy he brought to sports. He will be missed and I hope he finds peace on the other side.
Terrible Story and a great man..

OMG!!!!
It's an OSUJeffey sighting!
have you been lurking all this time my friend?
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]