Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Looks Completely BOGUS
Photo 
This Looks Completely BOGUS
Searching for a nice NBA jersey on ebay, I came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290703603227?ssP...1438.l2649

Has the Beckett emblem on it, but the gold label looks FAKE as all get out. Not to mention, Beckett grades cut up pieces of jersey now? HOW can they guarantee something as "game used", with just a few cut up pieces?

I asked the seller about this, and he got ALL irate. I asked for the serial number on the back of the "card" and a scan. I got nothing. It looks like some of the pieces of jersey are caught in the slab as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: This Looks Completely BOGUS
Here's another one, same photo, different seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0831628430

I did a google search of "beckett slabbed jersey pieces" and someone over on another forum was apparently trying to sell it a few months ago on there.

One seller is listed in Cleveland and the other is in Broadview Heights, OH which apparently isn't very far away from the other either.

Unreal. What a bunch of dirtbags!!

That looks so fake, I hope no one falls for it.
Same seller has other items that are also suspect.

So who at Beckett should I contact about this? I mean, a shady ebay seller using Beckett's good name to sell fraudulent crap...
Oh here is one response from the clown after I asked for the serial number on the thing, and a pic of the back:

<<< sounds like you didnt read my email
they holdered the pieces, they dont grade pieces nor are there serial numbers pon that item.

beckett can verify it if you call them and if you know beckett for 10 years, you will know they grade up jersey ppieces in their cards.

you can also check out www.ggumcard.com for the list of memorabilia >>>

(05-02-2012, 10:28 AM)timb69 Wrote: So who at Beckett should I contact about this? I mean, a shady ebay seller using Beckett's good name to sell fraudulent crap...
Oh here is one response from the clown after I asked for the serial number on the thing, and a pic of the back:

<<< sounds like you didnt read my email
they holdered the pieces, they dont grade pieces nor are there serial numbers pon that item.

beckett can verify it if you call them and if you know beckett for 10 years, you will know they grade up jersey ppieces in their cards.

you can also check out www.ggumcard.com for the list of memorabilia >>>
I didn't look at the link, but I know Beckett does do GUM (Game Used Memorabilia) for cards. But it's just a tiny square, the size of the Auto Grade label.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

nolan I have seen those. But if you look at the pic, the gold part where it has the description of the "items", "80 mem pieces"? LOL!!!

(05-02-2012, 01:53 PM)timb69 Wrote: nolan I have seen those. But if you look at the pic, the gold part where it has the description of the "items", "80 mem pieces"? LOL!!!
Yeah, I totally agree. We should do something. I wish Mark Anderson would see this thread. Mark is the head of Beckett Grading.
I just PM'd Mark. So we'll see.

OH this is funny. I asked him about the other listing, same exact item and picture, and he shot back another email:

Quote: -you are not a buyer of mine nor one who expressed any remote intent to be.

-i have already answered your wrongful comments about the item you asked about with supporting info and back up

- my item is legit, authentic, and beckett original item

if you are a die hard collector you will already know im correct and if not my info gave you plenty to know about if you didnt already thus my case in point, you continue harrassing
me with hostile acts and contiinuing to badger my emails, listings and good name.

i will act accordingly to your hostilite acts
reserving all of my legal rights.

this is my final responce to your ridiculous emails and apparent bordom on your end of having nothing better to do on ebay but harrass good name users.

do not contact me ,nor email again and if you do i will forward all correspondance
the matter to my attorney to deal with you.

please find something more productive to do with your time other than bothering people

This idiot has a 47 feedback, and is talking about his "good name" LOLOLOL!!!

I already sent ebay an email about the 2 listings. Beckett needs to get on board too.

(05-02-2012, 05:59 PM)timb69 Wrote: OH this is funny. I asked him about the other listing, same exact item and picture, and he shot back another email:

This idiot has a 47 feedback, and is talking about his "good name" LOLOLOL!!!

I already sent ebay an email about the 2 listings. Beckett needs to get on board too.
In my previous email I said that I notified Mark Anderson.