`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Grading PSA 10's into BGS

Cross Grading PSA 10's into BGS
I'm thinking about cross-grading some PSA 10's to BGS. I prefer the BGS slab in general. I also prefer a BGS 9.5 to a PSA 10.

Here are some of my concerns:
#1 Possibility of getting a lower grade. Am i guaranteed at least a BGS 9.5 with a PSA 10?
#2 PSA doesn't grade autographs. I'd hate to get low auto grades

The positive is possibility of getting a re-graded BGS 10 Auto 10.
Is it worth the risk?

I've never cross graded any cards before. Need some advise. Thanks

RE: Cross Grading PSA 10's into BGS
BGS does not guarantee what grade you get, especially crossing over a PSA slab, if you send it (which I dont recommend) then break it out of the slab to prevent any sort of possible grading bias. Attach a high-rez scan of the card to the thread so we could better judge if it is worth it.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(04-18-2012, 04:13 PM)jchavestx Wrote: BGS does not guarantee what grade you get, especially crossing over a PSA slab, if you send it (which I dont recommend) then break it out of the slab to prevent any sort of possible grading bias. Attach a high-rez scan of the card to the thread so we could better judge if it is worth it.
Thanks for the response. I am not going to break these cards out of their PSA cases. I could damage the cards. Thats extremely risky.

I could see the argument to not getting cards crossed over for any other grades. I can't imagine a PSA 8 coming back a BGS 9 or vice versa. But PSA 10's are kind of the wild card. Because there is that possibility of the card being a BGS 10. Thats my dilemma.

BGS 10 is almost impossible to attain. Out of exactly 100 cards I've submitted only one has come back a 10. I've submitted a few PSAs to crossover to BGS and I've been dissapointed every time. I don't recommend it unless you're certain you have a flawless card with a clean Auto.

You can send the card in in the PSA case. It's called graded card review. They will grade it cased. You tell them your minimum BGS grade and if it meets your standards, they crack it and re slab it with the new BGS grade. If not, it comes back to you in the PSA slab. Costs a little more. $7.50 for the graded card review, and another $3.00 if they have to crack it. I think it comes to $10.50 for 20 day service, but not positive. But you have to request "graded card review" with a minimum BGS grade.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

I've crossed a fair amount of PSA 10's to BGS/BVG. I've had great success. There was this one time, though that I was disappointed. A couple of cards came back as 9. And 4 cards were returned to me as questionable edge authenticity. I plan on crossing some more PSA 10's if I can ever slow down buying cards that are already Beckett graded. I wouldn't bother crossing a PSA 8. You would be looking at a failing grade from Beckett.

If you do decide to cross, then check the centering thoroughly before submitting. Also, check any autos. Like someone said, post high resolution scans so we can help you.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Thanks a bunch for the responses guys! I did a little research last night and i'm going to test out a few PSA 10's to see if i can get a illusive BGS 10. I'm going to go the graded card review route and ask for a minimum Grade of BGS 9.5

(04-19-2012, 12:19 PM)jagr68nyr Wrote: Thanks a bunch for the responses guys! I did a little research last night and i'm going to test out a few PSA 10's to see if i can get a illusive BGS 10. I'm going to go the graded card review route and ask for a minimum Grade of BGS 9.5
smart!
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(04-19-2012, 08:37 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I've crossed a fair amount of PSA 10's to BGS/BVG.  I've had great success.  There was this one time, though that I was disappointed.  A couple of cards came back as 9.  And 4 cards were returned to me as questionable edge authenticity.  I plan on crossing some more PSA 10's if I can ever slow down buying cards that are already Beckett graded.  I wouldn't bother crossing a PSA 8.  You would be looking at a failing grade from Beckett.

If you do decide to cross, then check the centering thoroughly before submitting.  Also, check any autos.  Like someone said, post high resolution scans so we can help you.
Based off this thread, I am doing an experiment: I have a PSA 10 2003 Topps Chrome Lebron and I have sent it to Beckett for the graded card review. requesting a minimum 10.  I have low expectations but hope for the best.  IT's a $150 experiment for Express (20-30 business day service).  I also have sent Beckett the following PSA 7's for graded card review minimum 8 requested: 1986 Fleer Sticker Jordan, 1981 Bird, 1997 Metal Universe Kobe, and another 2003 Topps Chrome Lebron.  I've also sent to Beckett a dozen various RAW Kobe rookies which I also have pending similar cards from PSA also at the express level.  interestingly, they arrived about the same time (May 3).  Of course I want to maximize my money so I think any 9.5 BGS returns may have to head to PSA.  This is crazy but I am going to report back how it works out.  I will post the results of those above and the various Kobe RCs of same type and quality and how this goes.  Thanks for posting this thread.  I know it's 9 years old, but it answered my question almost exactly like two different voices in my head arguing about whether to do it. The results will determine how I submit another 200+ cards i have waiting.  I am tempted to submit everything to Beckett because of the price and the fact I can send them now, however, i hear the argument about how few BGS 10s and with simple Ebay research anyone can see how much more a PSA 10 gets over a BGS 9.5. BUT: the BGS 10 Pristine is KING, particularly with that Lebron card.  IT's more than a $10,000 difference!  Stay tuned and feel free to comment or ask questions.  I have no answers to the grades yet, but i plan to share.