`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.
I mean no disrespect by this...I'm not into trash talking. But its an utter joke simply to imply Silva would have no shot against Jones. Seriously, a joke. You wouldn't last one post on an MMA forum. They would chew you up just for that. Secondly, to imply Forrest Griffin is a nobody. That...is a joke. He's a former champion and has beaten some of the best fighters in the world. He's also a gigantic LHW, and Silva obviously made a fool of him...so there goes the argument that size trumps Silva. Griffin goes into a fight bigger than Jones does. Chael Sonen? Best wrestler in mixed martial arts. Jones isn't even close. So to assume Jones could dominate Silva based on Sonnen's smothering style? Inaccurate. Take it all into consideration...it shouldn't even be stated that Silva would have "no chance" against Jones. Its sheer nonsense that you'd expect to hear from a pimply 12 year old obsessed with Jones rather than MMA. By the way...Brock Lesnar is unstoppable...nobody can out-strike him.

I agree with the statements that Jones will dominate Silva are not accurate and Silva wouldnt provide problems for Jones is a garbage. Its not the size issue its the reach advantage that Jones has at LHW. I still believe that Alexander Gustafsson poses the biggest threat to Jones...not in the next fight but in the near future. The fight I definately do not want to see is GSP vs. Silva because Silva would dominate GSP. Look at the list of fighters GSP hasnt finished in the last few years....Hardy, Koscheck, Shields, etc.

(04-17-2012, 09:04 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: So Sonnen on the first match beat Silva down with his wrestling and thats what Jon Jones dose best. You must of forgot all the wrestlers Anderson Silva has fought. Travis Lutter started off pretty good and he is a nobody, Dan Henderson won the first round because of his wrestling and he has less power than Jon Jones. Then we go with Chael Sonnen who beat him down for 4 and a half rounds and got careless and thats the reason why he lost that fight. I have all the respect in the world for both guys and I have been a Silve fan for a long time and I will say there is no chance Silva would win that fight. Just look everyone Silva fights he is taller than. So he would be drown on reach, size and strength. These are things he is not used to faceing plus Jones being so unpredictable would also hurt Silva chances. Now lets talk about Light Heavyweight and Anderson Silva so he beat a brawler in Forrest Griffin. To me Griffin had no chance to begin with and he fought James Irvin and who is he and what has he done? Nothing special so we have Forrest Griffin who was lucky when he won the championship and it just seemed Rampage was not there in that fight. So Anderson Silva though he is a beast I can't see him doing as well at Light Heavyweight as the people I see can beat him there would be Rashad Evans, Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida, with a chance of Antonio Nogueira. Everyone know his weakness has always been wrestlers for Silva and he is big for Middleweight and would be a small Light Heavyweight so I honestly don't think he will do as well. But like I said before I like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva but hate Rashad Evans and I can already see your dislike with Jon Jones so I your not going to go for him anyway because your going with feeling from what I believe. Jones is a great Light Heavyweight and would be an above average Heavyweight and would take losses to a few of them I am sure. My question to you is why do you think Anderson Silva has not jumped up to Light Heavyweight and its not because he can't but it is because he would lose a few times and not have his Perfect UFC steak and honestly Jon Jones shout be undefeated in the UFC if it was not for the DQ he had against Matt Hamill. You can argue the point all you want but if you look at the facts the odds would be way against Anderson Silva to beat Jon Jones.
Lets look at this video of Rashad when he got his butt kicked by Machida.

Yea I gotta agree with the others. You are crazy. Hope you watch more mma and when you do watch the whole fight not just clips. Glad you are someone new to these mma boards though but you have a ways to go my friend.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(04-17-2012, 09:32 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: I mean no disrespect by this...I'm not into trash talking. But its an utter joke simply to imply Silva would have no shot against Jones. Seriously, a joke. You wouldn't last one post on an MMA forum. They would chew you up just for that. Secondly, to imply Forrest Griffin is a nobody. That...is a joke. He's a former champion and has beaten some of the best fighters in the world. He's also a gigantic LHW, and Silva obviously made a fool of him...so there goes the argument that size trumps Silva. Griffin goes into a fight bigger than Jones does. Chael Sonen? Best wrestler in mixed martial arts. Jones isn't even close. So to assume Jones could dominate Silva based on Sonnen's smothering style? Inaccurate. Take it all into consideration...it shouldn't even be stated that Silva would have "no chance" against Jones. Its sheer nonsense that you'd expect to hear from a pimply 12 year old obsessed with Jones rather than MMA. By the way...Brock Lesnar is unstoppable...nobody can out-strike him.
Please tell me where I said Forrest Griffin was not a good fighter. I have been on the MMA boards and my knowledge of the UFC is better than most. But as you stated he has proven himself as a Light Heavyweight and I am asking how is that? Just because you fight 2 fights in that weight class one being a good fighter and the other being a nobody dosen't make you a proven fighter for that weight class. As far as 185 Lbs their is no beter than Siva. He made Rich Franklin move up in weight after he beat him 2 times bad and if you honestly wanna say he beat him 3 times as Franklin was saved by the bell in the 2nd fight only to get whipped more the next round. You have not shown me anything as to why you believe Silva would win. Now lets look at this if you look at his major Opponents size and reach the best they did was match him. Then if you look below that you will see Jon Jones size and reach and wow look at that a 7 and a half reach advantage for Jones and you don't think that you matter not to mention 2 inches taller and I am sure a pretty big weight difference and I know we have already mention the strength avantage for Jones and he would have a huge advantage on the ground as well. But no none of this matters to you because he is a better fighter in your eyes. I just see to many disavantages for Silva to overcome and I am not saying he would never win but I would say 8 out of 10 times the winner would be Jon Jones. Just to much size, strength, and reach advantage for Silva to pick him apart like he did Griffin who is a slower fighter than Jone Jones as well hence the reason Silva had his way with Griffin as they had the same reach advantage. Fighting is about exploting someones weakness and everyone know Silva is weak in wrestling and no one know what weakness Jon Jones has as he has never been exposed. Machida is supposed to be elusive and Jones got to him and oh yeah isn't that one of Silva's training partners?

Anderson Silva 6'2" with a 77" reach advantage

His Opponents
Chris Leben 5'11" with a 70 1/2" reach advantage
Rich Franklin 6'1" with a 76" reach advantage
Dan Henderson 5'11" with a 71" reach advantage
Forrest Griffin 6'3" with a 77" reach advantage
Chael Sonnen 6'1" with a 74" reach advantage

Jon Jones 6'$ with a 84 1/2" reach advantage
Vitor Belfort 6'0" with a 74" reach advantage
Yushin Okami 6'2" with a 72" reach advantage
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

...anyone that truly is a knowledgable MMA fan doesn't say "X would beat Y 8 out of 10 times". Either that or you still haven't learned to not count out elite fighters in any fight...novice stuff. I said I'm not the biggest Jon Jones fan...that I didn't particularly like the way he dodged Silva...as I'm sure Dana wasn't either. How we got to Anderson Silva having no shot against Jon Jones ....just stop lol

(04-17-2012, 09:57 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: Yea I gotta agree with the others. You are crazy. Hope you watch more mma and when you do watch the whole fight not just clips. Glad you are someone new to these mma boards though but you have a ways to go my friend.
There people go putting words in my mouth not once did I say he would dominate Anderson Silva. I said he would beat him and on my last post I even gave a stat of Jon Jones would win 8 out of 10 times. As far as skills Anderson Silva has more tallent but that will not let you overcome alot of the advanges Jon Jones has over Anderson Silva. I have seen evey UFC fight from UFC 1 to 144 and Anderson Silva is in another league but Jon Jones is still learning and he is to big for Anderson Silva to figure out and beat more times than what Jon Jones would beat him. Why not make a poll on a MMA board and see who they think will win and why. I really do hope they fight one day just to prove a point. Who has challeged Jon Jones so far? I can't think of anyone.Silva just about every wrestler he has face gave him problems at the begining and one almost the whole fight. Imagine if Jones got Silva down how many punches could he take of his? I don't think it would be manny those elbows are the worst in MMA as well.

(04-17-2012, 10:22 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: ...anyone that truly is a knowledgable MMA fan doesn't say "X would beat Y 8 out of 10 times". Either that or you still haven't learned to not count out elite fighters in any fight...novice stuff. I said I'm not the biggest Jon Jones fan...that I didn't particularly like the way he dodged Silva...as I'm sure Dana wasn't either. How we got to Anderson Silva having no shot against Jon Jones ....just stop lol
Yea dont even waste your breathe with novice statements like that.

got anything to trade??
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(04-17-2012, 10:22 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: ...anyone that truly is a knowledgable MMA fan doesn't say "X would beat Y 8 out of 10 times". Either that or you still haven't learned to not count out elite fighters in any fight...novice stuff. I said I'm not the biggest Jon Jones fan...that I didn't particularly like the way he dodged Silva...as I'm sure Dana wasn't either. How we got to Anderson Silva having no shot against Jon Jones ....just stop lol
I used the numbers as odds you take it how you want but not one person has given me any reasons why they think Silva would beat Jon Jones your just argueing that it would not happen. Also last I remember Anderson Silva said he had no intention on moving up to 205 Lbs so how would Jon Jones be dodging him? I bet if he moved up in weight class and wanted to challenge him Jon Jones would accept as he is a fighter just like Anderson Silva is.
Just give me reasons why you think Silva would win not no BS that he is Undefeated in the UFC. Look at the match up problems for each fighter Silva has more than Jones dose. Till you show me something else you have your opnion I have mine and I have atleast explained why Silva would have problems with Jones.

when did bones dodge silva? I dont ever remember hearing he was offered that fight. there is no way dana would bring that fight to silva or bones with sonnen and evans waiting in the wings still, so thats nonsense right there. also silva has been the one reluctant to fight at 205, so...

I dont think anyone is doubting silvas talent, just his size. this is why there are weight classes
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

(04-17-2012, 10:38 PM)dwegner1 Wrote: when did bones dodge silva? I dont ever remember hearing he was offered that fight. there is no way dana would bring that fight to silva or bones with sonnen and evans waiting in the wings still, so thats nonsense right there. also silva has been the one reluctant to fight at 205, so...

I dont think anyone is doubting silvas talent, just his size. this is why there are weight classes
My point exactly if anything the people are asking, Jones has not dodged anyone as he has taken fights with barley any notice.
Hold on is this where he dodged Anderson Silva? To me it was Dana White saying that will not happen anytime soon. Maybe you need to learn about MMA a little more. You just argue and show no proof.

Read the entire artical here
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/701602...silva-loom

Here's the sad truth, though. Although a fight between Jones and Silva would be, from a competitive standpoint, possibly the most intriguing matchup the UFC could make, it's not happening anytime soon.

It very well may never happen.

When asked about a potential fight between the two, White replied, and rightly so, the line of fighters between Silva and the 24-year-old champion is long.