• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Got A Steal Yesterday - Now With Pics

RE: I Got A Steal Yesterday
Crazy steal!!
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

This was a local, live auction. I already have cards in hand. A doctor's wife had died and they were selling basically everything. He was a collector of many things but baseball cards were his passion. I've been going to these particular auctioneers for years but this is the first time they've had that many cards. They list in my local paper and also have a website. I passed on so many 70's sets because I didn't want to get out of control. The one I regret missing was a 1970 Topps set that went for $120.

Rice, you could try auctionzip.com. They list a ton of auctions on one site.

I will post pics this week. I've been working quite a bit lately.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

RE: I Got A Steal Yesterday - Now With Pics
OK, added some pics to the original post.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(04-22-2012, 08:13 PM)beatles guy Wrote: OK, added some pics to the original post.
Man, I hate you a little bit right now. But I'm sure you're okay with that. Smile
I got a nice find at a card show yesterday, I'll post scans later today.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Wow. Congratulations. That is definitely one of the best bargains show in this site, if not the best. A great steal and I would love to get that 1970 set, and for $120. Again, congratulations on all the pickups. I guess there is plenty cards to keep you busy organizing them.

you...I dont like you anymore!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

All I can say is WOW.What an awesome pickup.
(04-16-2012, 07:59 PM)beatles guy Wrote: I'm a live auction junkie and yesterday was the first auction in a long time that had baseball cards on it. I went in not expecting much but was I pleasantly surprised. Tons of pre-1980 vintage to be had. I had to wait three hours for them to get to it, but I picked up the main thing in my sights, a 1965 Topps set. The price....

$225

I was floored. I never thought I would get it for that. Cards range from VG-EXMT, with most being EX. Just thought I'd share Smile Oh yeah, also picked up an '83 and '84 Topps set and an '84 Fleer set. I also picked up a '76-'77 Topps basketball set for $15, most of those are EX-MT or better.

Some of the gig 'uns...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(04-17-2012, 10:53 PM)beatles guy Wrote: This was a local, live auction. I already have cards in hand. A doctor's wife had died and they were selling basically everything. He was a collector of many things but baseball cards were his passion. I've been going to these particular auctioneers for years but this is the first time they've had that many cards. They list in my local paper and also have a website. I passed on so many 70's sets because I didn't want to get out of control. The one I regret missing was a 1970 Topps set that went for $120.

Rice, you could try auctionzip.com. They list a ton of auctions on one site.

I will post pics this week. I've been working quite a bit lately.

My credit card would have been burning up from use after that auction lol....
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Wow that is awesome, I have got to get back into building a vintage set... I have regretted ever since giving up on my hi-grade 48 Bowman set... The way I was doing it was out of my reach anyways

I want to eventually start a new set again but want it to be a smaller set with a few decent value cards that I can get the key cards in hi-grade condition and the rest raw

Any suggestions on a set for that guys?
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Wow!! That is some great Pick Ups!! Congrats!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball