Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION: crossover PSA to BGS

RE: QUESTION: crossover PSA to BGS
(04-24-2012, 08:51 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: Your 1st question:
both cracked and GCR.

2:
None have ever come back equal either so your insinuation doesn't hold water.

3:
I prefer BGS for various reasons. Slab included. To me, it's a higher quality product. I do believe it's like having a 4.0GPA at Columbia vs a 4.0GPA at Community College. Both 4.0's but which one is "better"? I'd prefer a degree from Columbia. Why? Because it Columbia. A Chevy will get you the same place as a Cadillac. Why is the Cadillac better? Same BGS vs PSA. It's just better. In my opinion of course.
Comparing BGS to Columbia University after the Strasburg Superfractor Debacle and the 2005 SP Authentic Gold Auto Aaron Rodger debacle is like calling the Secret Service's recent trip to Columbia a Christian Mission.

I had 2001 Cadillac STS for 5 years, I cannot begin to tell you the problems I had with the car. My 2009 Chevy Malibu hasnt been to the shop once except for regular maintenance.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(04-24-2012, 09:25 AM)sonnyday Wrote: Comparing BGS to Columbia University after the Strasburg Superfractor Debacle and the 2005 SP Authentic Gold Auto Aaron Rodger debacle is like calling the Secret Service's recent trip to Columbia a Christian Mission.

I had 2001 Cadillac STS for 5 years, I cannot begin to tell you the problems I had with the car. My 2009 Chevy Malibu hasnt been to the shop once except for regular maintenance.
I believe you 100%, but people will still pay a preimum for Columbia and the Caddy (and BGS). Just because........

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Do you guys feel that people pay a premium for older cards graded by BGS/BVG as opposed to PSA? For example, will a 1958 topps Jim Brown graded PSA 8 sell for less than the same card graded BVG 8? I only have Beckett graded cards so have no experience with PSA.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Generally if supply is equal a PSA will bring more on the vintage side since demand is higher for PSA graded cards on the vintage side. In the case a 1958 Topps Jim Brown Recent Ebay Sale Show:
BVG 2 $115
BVG 4 $169
BVG 4.5 $170
BVG 4.5 $193
BVG 5.5 $273

PSA 3 $136
PSA 3 $194
PSA 4 $249
PSA 4 $200
PSA 5 $260
PSA 5 $329

Two PSA 8's sold for $1,790 and $2,051

If you have a BVG 8, which has a low population but you have a select few of BVG collectors they could bid the price up to the $2000 range or higher.

I believe BGS has the higher demand in the Relic/Auto Era. But PSA has kept good pace.

(04-24-2012, 03:48 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Generally if supply is equal a PSA will bring more on the vintage side since demand is higher for PSA graded cards on the vintage side. In the case a 1958 Topps Jim Brown Recent Ebay Sale Show:
BVG 2 $115
BVG 4 $169
BVG 4.5 $170
BVG 4.5 $193
BVG 5.5 $273

PSA 3 $136
PSA 3 $194
PSA 4 $249
PSA 4 $200
PSA 5 $260
PSA 5 $329

Two PSA 8's sold for $1,790 and $2,051

If you have a BVG 8, which has a low population but you have a select few of BVG collectors they could bid the price up to the $2000 range or higher.

I believe BGS has the higher demand in the Relic/Auto Era. But PSA has kept good pace.
Yeah, but they don't equal each other. I know of a guy that crossed PSA 9's and received BGS 8.5's & BGS 8's.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(04-22-2012, 07:16 PM)sonnyday Wrote: There has never been significant evidence to prove psa is more lenient then bgs. In fact a lot of people will argue the opposite.
Evidence doesn't matter when you run a BGS group submission on the football boards and make a little money on the side doing it. (Nothing wrong with that IMO for the work involved)
(04-24-2012, 08:51 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: Your 1st question:
both cracked and GCR.

2:
None have ever come back equal either so your insinuation doesn't hold water.

3:
I prefer BGS for various reasons. Slab included. To me, it's a higher quality product. I do believe it's like having a 4.0GPA at Columbia vs a 4.0GPA at Community College. Both 4.0's but which one is "better"? I'd prefer a degree from Columbia. Why? Because it Columbia. A Chevy will get you the same place as a Cadillac. Why is the Cadillac better? Same BGS vs PSA. It's just better. In my opinion of course.
Point 2-I know of at least one person who you submitted a card for that the card was a PSA 10 and it came back a BGS 9.5. Heck, even nolan5000 has stated that he's had decent success in crossing over. To say you've never received the same grade from BGS is just silly, and obviously a lie.

Point 3-Exactly, it's an opinion, just like I have my grading company of choice due to their consistency in grading and the way the cards look in the holder. Each of the big three has their positives and negatives, while each has made and will continue to make errors. It is human beings after all doing the grading.

Nobody has yet to prove that one is better than the others. On this site, your going to have BGS fans say BGS is best. On PSA and SGC boards, your going to have people saying that the respective company is best. Which is better and why? Because someone says so? Sorry, opinions do not equal fact. If they did, my job would be a heck of a lot easier.

(04-24-2012, 04:20 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Yeah, but they don't equal each other. I know of a guy that crossed PSA 9's and received BGS 8.5's & BGS 8's.
Well I know a guy that has a neighbor who has a friend who has a sister whose boss's pool guy crossed over BGS 9.5's and recieved PSA 8.5's and PSA 8's.

Yeah Supply and Demand is overrated.....i prefer the heresay method.

(04-24-2012, 09:58 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: I believe you 100%, but people will still pay a preimum for Columbia and the Caddy (and BGS). Just because........
So what you're saying then is that BGS looks great and costs more, but is not as reliable?
(04-24-2012, 04:20 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Yeah, but they don't equal each other. I know of a guy that crossed PSA 9's and received BGS 8.5's & BGS 8's.
Don't forget that guy who crossed a PSA 8 and got a BGS 9.

Or this beauty. (I'll try to get a better/clearer scan tonight)
[Image: 3.jpg]
(04-24-2012, 04:49 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Well I know a guy that has a neighbor who has a friend who has a sister whose boss's pool guy crossed over BGS 9.5's and recieved PSA 8.5's and PSA 8's.

Yeah Supply and Demand is overrated.....i prefer the heresay method.
He's the guy who won't even tell me what card he had that was an SGC 100 that barely graded a BGS 9.5. I've asked him quite a few times but he never answers.

Broad general statements are apparently supposed to be taken as fact, especially when the person posting is so obviously biased.

(04-24-2012, 04:49 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Well I know a guy that has a neighbor who has a friend who has a sister whose boss's pool guy crossed over BGS 9.5's and recieved PSA 8.5's and PSA 8's.
What a jerk comment you just made. I didn't want to mention his name. He crossed over a bunch of Nolan Ryan PSA 10's and PSA 9's. I bought all of his BGS 9.5's that crossed over from PSA 10's. Some of the PSA 10's crossed over to BGS 9's; I didn't buy those. When I've crossed PSA 10's some of them have come back BGS 9's. His PSA 9's came back as BGS 8.5's & BGS 8's. I didn't buy those either. The guy in question used to be on here under a couple different names. He kept changing between Griffey and Nolan Ryan and BGS Graded and ungraded.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(04-24-2012, 05:27 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: What a jerk comment
(04-22-2012, 07:20 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Who you and ricelynnevans75? PSA employees don't count.
Yep, it sure was.