`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?

RE: OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?
(03-29-2012, 04:04 PM)phillies816 Wrote: I doubt anyone would blow this type of money. If I hit this jackpot and was going broke at ANY point afterward I am a complete idiot. I would take my last couple hundred dollars and buy a gun and 1 bullet.
There have been many winners of jackpots of this size and maybe bigger that have gone broke.

Simple cash option and as for what I'd do with it I'd pay off all my bills and then probably give a cool million to each family member which there aren't but 4 of them. After that I'm going off the grid. lol
(03-29-2012, 06:37 PM)Haze28 Wrote: There have been many winners of jackpots of this size and maybe bigger that have gone broke.

Considering this is the largest jackpot ever within the United States I'd say nobody has managed to blow this much money.

Any smart person would invest a good chunk of it in Gold or Silver or at least I would.

(03-29-2012, 06:39 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Any smart person would invest a good chunk of it in Gold or Silver or at least I would.
I'd buy a lot of gold and maybe take some of it and put it in Alaska so the guys from Goldrush could actually find a good amount. except for Fred Hurt, I can't stand him. lol
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

I wouldn't tell anyone. Hire a first class attorney to start a trust, so my name and pic isn't anywhere associated with this amount of cash. After all that is taken care of, hire a first class accountant. Then take the lump sum and start from there. Tell the accountant that you want 15 mil set aside just in case you blow the other 200 mil that you will have left. Then I would start college funds for all my nieces and nephews. Give some cash to relatives. Move away from family and friends. They would always be asking for more money. Find a nice suburb with a nice private school for my kids, but close enough to a town with a MLB team and NFL team. My house wouldn't be too flashy, but nice.

Tell the new neighbors that I work from home in the stock market, so they don't ask too many questions.

That's about it. I would probably open a card shop. That would be awesome.

Easy answer:
Just payoff/buy what you want or need.
Take care of yourself FIRST!

As far as paying everyone, you will have PLENTY of time for people to grub off of you over the years. Because once they all know you have that cash, THEY WILL.

Let the interest build for yourself in the meantime.

(03-29-2012, 04:04 PM)phillies816 Wrote: I doubt anyone would blow this type of money. If I hit this jackpot and was going broke at ANY point afterward I am a complete idiot. I would take my last couple hundred dollars and buy a gun and 1 bullet.
I would just start my Lamborghini up in the garage and go to sleep.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

All I can say is Derek Jeter collectors would hate me because if I wanted it the card would be mine as I would snipe a stupid number and if you out bid me you paid way more than what you would of ever thought you were going to pay.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Cash lump sum.
Put it in a high-yield account.
Live off the interest.
Pay off most, but not 100% of debt.
Never worry about anything, ever...
[Image: vgh3p.png]

def take lump sum cash. Id retire immediately and start my own business building houses. Id pay off all of my sisters mortgages and debts as well as my own, and my pc would be REDICULOUS

I write and make movies, would happily continue on with the bankroll for some nice A-listers.