`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: HOFer Poll: Is Lance Briggs a Hall of Famer?

OT: HOFer Poll: Is Lance Briggs a Hall of Famer?
Quick poll, kind of bored and want to hear your guys thoughts. Simply answer yes or no and why you think so

Here are some basic stats. He will be entering his 10th year in 2012.

7x Pro Bowl Selection (05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11)
Tackles: 969
Sacks: 10.5
INTs: 13
Devastating hitter and one of the best run stuffing LBs in the league

Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

RE: OT: HOFer Poll: Is Lance Briggs a Hall of Famer?
i say yes but not on the first ballot..it will take a few years for folks to realize how good he was.. he reminds me of the Great old school K.C. outside linebackers of the late 60s and early 70s..
he is fun to watch also
Tongue
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I know man I love him. I fear him not getting in even if he does continue to pile 110 Tkls per year. Look at a guy like Cris Carter. Different position obviously, but he deserves it more than Briggs in my eyes and he's not even in
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

hands down.
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

IMO, he would be in the Hall of the Good not a Legend. When you think of great LB's of the past 10 years you have Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, London Fletcher, James Harrison, Patrick Willis, Demarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, Terrell Suggs, Joey Porter and I'm sure I'm missing a few more. He wouldn't even be in my Top 10 so as of now no

he had already been selected as a pro bowler 3-4 times before many of the "top LB in the last 10 yrs" were even in the league??
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

(03-21-2012, 07:26 PM)fbqueen Wrote: he had already been selected as a pro bowler 3-4 times before many of the "top LB in the last 10 yrs" were even in the league??
Pro Bowls are not a good indication of HOF status everyone knows it's a popularity contest. All of the names I mentioned are LB's that are better than Briggs. Matthews and Willis haven't played as long but have surpassed him. When you ask someone name me the top LB's of the 00's how many people are gonna have Lance Briggs in their Top 10 barely the Top 20. Derrick Thomas who is one of the best of All-Time took 5 years to get in and Briggs is currently behind A LOT of potential HOF'ers.

So as of now, no I wouldn't put him in, just my two cents

(03-21-2012, 07:42 PM)solid133 Wrote: Pro Bowls are not a good indication of HOF status everyone knows it's a popularity contest.
+1

I think London Fletcher will make the Hall of Fame and he's never been selected to a Pro Bowl.

I love Briggs but he's on the outside looking in, there's nothing wrong with being a very good player with a very good career.

I feel confident saying briggs is in the top 6-7 LBs in the league
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

(03-21-2012, 08:04 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: +1

I think London Fletcher will make the Hall of Fame and he's never been selected to a Pro Bowl.

I love Briggs but he's on the outside looking in, there's nothing wrong with being a very good player with a very good career.
London has made the pro bowl the last 3 years...
But I agree outside looking in. For now anyway.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]