`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jdetter pointed this out to me. What do I do?

RE: jdetter pointed this out to me. What do I do?
(03-10-2012, 11:58 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: It is an infringement of your intellectual property rights... that was a design you made for yourself, not for distribution. There's nothing wrong with what you did. There's something wrong with what this jackwagon did to you.

I'd listen to the lawyer who posted on this thread...
yea she's right,mabye he can help or knows how you can do this. he is a good dude loves this place and the members...
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I would contact him and let him know it's fraud, it may not be copy right infringement if it's not copy righted but it is still computer fraud I do believe
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Not sure if you have seen this one too, but yeah it is total BS if he stole your design and is now using it to profit off of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBERT-GRIFFIN-I...889wt_1396
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

Here is the definition for copyright, straight from the copyright office

What is copyright?
Copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works.

What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."

How is a copyright different from a patent or a trademark?
Copyright protects original works of authorship, while a patent protects inventions or discoveries. Ideas and discoveries are not protected by the copyright law, although the way in which they are expressed may be. A trademark protects words, phrases, symbols, or designs identifying the source of the goods or services of one party and distinguishing them from those of others.

When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?
No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Yes, Rogues work is copyright protected automatically, unfortunately though the picture used was copyrighted to someone else, that's were it could get sticky.

Rogue; I am glad you understand what I was trying to say, and i know you created it for your own personal enjoyment, unfortunately, you posted it on a public forum, which is where it could get sticky if someone where to question it, etc......

oh, and by the way Rogue you do good work, so you should contact one of the companies and see when they can use your talent's Smile
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

isn't the card an infringement on their copyright as it is, as it has panini's logo on it and pretty sure panini didn't authorize it whether personal enjoyment or not? solid work never the less but honestly all the designs of cards with company logos are trademark infringements.
(03-10-2012, 09:27 PM)patsfan129 Wrote: wow. umm...huh...i guess message the seller and let him know
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(03-10-2012, 10:08 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: time to use the "Rogue " watermark..
Agreed. At a bare minimum, it would prevent any future issues.

Sue him and go on The People's Court!
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

This is getting interesting. Any word back from the seller?

+111111

You have nothing to worry about because you were doing the work for your own Personal Enjoyment..... Once they Printed it They Violated to Trademark of the NFL the copyright of panini, skins, and also the the photographer who owns the right to the original RG3 image.... unfortunately I don't think you can make any type of Civil case against them for profiting off your work since you had no right to profit from it your self due to the rights of the corporations involved..... Definitely Take screen shots of the auctions and report to all parties involved! at the very least stop them from selling your work.....

Now if you wanted to contact them and work something out for future cards and retro -active fees for the cards already sold and let them know your intentions of reporting them they may want to give you cash instead! ...... just trying to figure a way to turn this in your favor Smile

(03-10-2012, 10:55 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: +1.......got a feeling he might know something about the matter, but that's just a guess.....

"When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device."

This is only the case when you OWN the rights or have Express Written Permission to use the elements involved in making the Intelectual property ... don't think this applies to the "Card / cards" in question

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

here's the response:
My friend, thank you for taking the time to email about your concerns.
I had listed these cards for a friend, just assuming he had designed them himself. He asked me to list them becuase I list other custom cards and thought his might bring a better price because more people would look at my listings.
I deeply regret the misunderstanding, and apologize to you. I am sorry for any inconvienence I have caused you and give my word that it will not happen again.
God Bless.
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

I am not saying that stealing you ideas is okay but I can say that member is a good guy. He made my custom colbert cards for me for nothing...I dont think he about screwing people over. Hope everything works out man!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS