`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem?

RE: I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem?
(03-07-2012, 12:17 PM)phxsuns1521 Wrote: 11/12 SP Authentic
Nice. Got my biggest pull ever out of there so hopefully I didn't ruin the hits for you!

Also I have a box of one of my favorite old school products coming in, 1997-98 Bowman's Best. In one box of this I pulled a Kobe insert, Pippen insert refractor, 2 Iverson refractors, Ewing Atomic Refractor and an MJ refractor. In retrospect, I think I started my cold streak after that amazing box. Let's hope I hit big again!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(03-07-2012, 04:33 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Nice. Got my biggest pull ever out of there so hopefully I didn't ruin the hits for you!

Also I have a box of one of my favorite old school products coming in, 1997-98 Bowman's Best. In one box of this I pulled a Kobe insert, Pippen insert refractor, 2 Iverson refractors, Ewing Atomic Refractor and an MJ refractor. In retrospect, I think I started my cold streak after that amazing box. Let's hope I hit big again!
97-98 Bowman is an awesome product.

My box has been out for delivery since 4 in the morning. I'm hoping it gets here before I go to work

(03-07-2012, 04:39 PM)phxsuns1521 Wrote: 97-98 Bowman is an awesome product.

My box has been out for delivery since 4 in the morning. I'm hoping it gets here before I go to work
Be sure to scan your hits and post them for the world (of beckett) to see!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Update ... five more blasters today (3/7, the 'official' release date) and finally pulled a Pujols in the third box ... so technically took me EIGHT blasters to pull one base card in a 220-card set.

I also pulled a Fantasy Squad insert of Pujols in his Angels uni, kind of a bonus for my time and trouble I guess.

Even though these will book for like $3, I'm putting them in magnet holders to remind me of the great chase and fiasco that this really was.

OK, I'm quitting for a nice, long time now. LOL

lol awesome.

and yes i will post pics of my break

(03-07-2012, 04:42 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: so technically took me EIGHT blasters to pull one base card in a 220-card set.
You can never really count on getting the base cards. Between a hobby and retail box I was missing one card out of the base. Then I opened two more hobbies and got 6 of that card.

With 66 base cards per box, I bought a total of 10 blasters for a total of 660 cards, and I'm not even sure I have all 220 of the base set.

Seems to me the collation could be better if all of the blasters came out of the same Excel case. You know, the brown boxes with the yellow tape on top?

Also known as, the boxes I always ask the employees to cut open so I can look through. LOL
Shocked 
(03-07-2012, 05:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: With 66 base cards per box, I bought a total of 10 blasters for a total of 660 cards, and I'm not even sure I have all 220 of the base set.

Seems to me the collation could be better if all of the blasters came out of the same Excel case. You know, the brown boxes with the yellow tape on top?

Also known as, the boxes I always ask the employees to cut open so I can look through. LOL
W... Wh... Wha... What?
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-07-2012, 05:27 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: W... Wh... Wha... What?
Might be different at various Targets ... all the trading cards (blasters, racks, etc.) come in these big, brown boxes with 'Excel' written on yellow packaging tape.

Whenever I see them in the card aisle I know it's new product they haven't put out yet, and most of the time they are cool and open them up to let me look through them.

Beats the pack searchers that way, because they're fresh from the truck.
Smile 
(03-07-2012, 05:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Might be different at various Targets ... all the trading cards (blasters, racks, etc.) come in these big, brown boxes with 'Excel' written on yellow packaging tape.

Whenever I see them in the card aisle I know it's new product they haven't put out yet, and most of the time they are cool and open them up to let me look through them.

Beats the pack searchers that way, because they're fresh from the truck.
I believe when someone says blasters they mean Topps blasters or Panini blasters. Same with racks. Topps rack packs and Panini rack packs. Excel is not a card manufacturer and their boxes are called by collectors as mixed boxes, random boxes and/or assorted boxes. Value boxes? We have Topps value boxes and may be some Excel value boxes (not sure though).
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?