`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
how do you finance this hobby?

RE: how do you finance this hobby?
I go in waves as far as buying wax goes. I hadn't bought a box since 2002 until this year but, I have blown about a grand so far this year on hobby boxes and another 300 on ebay buying singles for my PC. It will come to an end soon and I will go back into collecting hibernation sometime in May when the car show/drag racing season hits full swing.

sell everything i possibly can to get money to buy stuff i want. i usually keep track of if im ahead or behind based on my paypal balance. im really good at moving money from my paypal to my bank account if i spend money at a show so it works out really well.
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

i for one sell some of my cards (inserts, autos, jerseys, patches) and use that to finish of sets or buy boxes to open and i have a little side job (once of twice a week job) that give me some extra cash so none of the money comes out of the account so no one can complain

I try to sell the hits that are not PC to recoup some of the money. Lately I have not pulled very much. Bought a 2011 BC hobby box the other day and got a Blue Ref Auto that books for $25 but sells on the bay for $.99 so I lost my tail on that one. I also rid the house of stuff I do not use anymore like another member said earlier in the post.
[Image: Sig.png]

every year i save my pocket change (coins) when going shopping and what not...etcsthen head to the bank and turn it into cash.... thats when i buy boxes(hobby,jumbos or cases) when they first come out....its like im not really spending that much (mentally). Some say thats a good idea...
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

(03-06-2012, 02:06 PM)giants1957 Wrote: every year i save my pocket change (coins) when going shopping and what not...etcsthen head to the bank and turn it into cash.... thats when i buy boxes(hobby,jumbos or cases) when they first come out....its like im not really spending that much (mentally). Some say thats a good idea...
i dunno about you but my pocket change throughout the year couldnt buy a case of 1990 fleer. then again i always use debit so maybe that is just me.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(03-06-2012, 02:12 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: i dunno about you but my pocket change throughout the year couldnt buy a case of 1990 fleer. then again i always use debit so maybe that is just me.
im always going to a store everyday.....especially when i go buy coffee in the morning at 7-11 :p.....every year i always turn in at least $700+
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

I tell my wife im taking cash out for the house im building and whatevers left over i buy boxes with. Or i use money i win (when i win) in cards, which my wife dsnt know that i play lol. What the wife dsnt know dsnt hurt her.....or me.

I let myself spend 50$ out of each check on cards. I generally dont buy anything for a couple months, then buy a couple boxes.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(03-06-2012, 02:17 PM)giants1957 Wrote: im always going to a store everyday.....especially when i go buy coffee in the morning at 7-11 :p.....every year i always turn in at least $700+
good grief man. i do remember the glory days of college when i would have enough change to go use the coinstar and get booze money for the weekend. darn u debit card, i may have to start using cash again because the change thing is a good idea...700 would be a case of bowman draft every yr.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]