`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yastrzemski Fans/Collectors - Post Here

RE: Yastrzemski Fans/Collectors - Post Here
(11-20-2013, 04:54 PM)zeprock Wrote: I'll jump on here and show off a couple of my new Yaz cards. I now have 420 different Yaz cards listed in my ORG and several others that are not listed.
Thanks for posting, I'm partial to that nice Sterling.

I'm curious what you do have that is not listed in the OPG? I have a JD McCarthy that is not listed, which is pretty much the norm for those postcards/photos. I also have a 1976 Hostess brown print Yaz but OPG doesn't make those distinctions.

I posted these in another thread but within 2009 Tribute (and 2010 as well) there are Yaz relic varieties not specifically noted on the card or in OPG:

[Image: scan0001_zps50c1c9d6.jpg]
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(11-22-2013, 06:04 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Thanks for posting, I'm partial to that nice Sterling.

I'm curious what you do have that is not listed in the OPG?
I have these not in the OPG.

The 1966 and 1969 cards are reprints and say so on the back but do not have a date. They are not indicated as Dover Reprints and are on a thinner card stock than the regular Topps cards. The 1986 TCMA All-Time Red Sox is listed in the ORG but as you see I have one in color and one in black & white. I actually have two versions of the colored one. One has blue print on the back and the other has black print. The Spectrums from 1993 are not listed and the Hero Decks Playing Cards are from 2005 and 2008. Note the text on the front varies. I also have a 2011 version that looks similar to the 2008 but has a different back and a slight color variation on the front. The 2007 SP Legendary Cuts is what I refer to as a Fan Pack. Note the foil is silver instead of the regular gold stamping. I also have a 2007 UD Masterpieces that has a smooth surface as opposed to the textured surface of the basic set.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Interesting cards, I appreciate your taking the time to scan and share. I wonder if the Topps reprints might be part of a card show giveaway/set?
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(11-24-2013, 01:05 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Interesting cards, I appreciate your taking the time to scan and share. I wonder if the Topps reprints might be part of a card show giveaway/set?
I wouldn't think so but don't know. They look identical to the regular Topps except for the word Reprint. I think they were cut from a sheet or something. I don't remember when or where I picked them up.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

Heres my 2 cents, I think they are th eonly two that I have..... both are the venezuelan version

[Image: 1964yaz_zps08512788.jpg]

[Image: yazschilling_zps7dea3df8.jpg]

[Image: 1964yazback_zpsb1cf634b.jpg]
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(11-26-2013, 11:42 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Heres my 2 cents, I think they are th eonly two that I have..... both are the venezuelan version
Thanks for posting Alfredo.

(11-23-2013, 09:17 PM)zeprock Wrote: I have these not in the OPG.

The 1966 and 1969 cards are reprints and say so on the back but do not have a date. They are not indicated as Dover Reprints and are on a thinner card stock than the regular Topps cards. The 1986 TCMA All-Time Red Sox is listed in the ORG but as you see I have one in color and one in black & white. I actually have two versions of the colored one. One has blue print on the back and the other has black print. The Spectrums from 1993 are not listed and the Hero Decks Playing Cards are from 2005 and 2008. Note the text on the front varies. I also have a 2011 version that looks similar to the 2008 but has a different back and a slight color variation on the front. The 2007 SP Legendary Cuts is what I refer to as a Fan Pack. Note the foil is silver instead of the regular gold stamping. I also have a 2007 UD Masterpieces that has a smooth surface as opposed to the textured surface of the basic set.
The 2007 UD Masterpiece Glossy is from the fan packs as well. There were several different sets reprinted and inserted in those packs. If I remember correcty, 2007 Artifacts, Future Stars, Upper Deck, SP legendary cuts, and Masterpieces, also 2008 Upper Deck series 1.

As far as the 1986 TCMA goes, I have often wondered about that set. My Black and white has a blue back with no MLB logo, while the color is black and does have the MLB logo. I would be curious to know if the color version with the blue back does or does not have the MLB logo.

color back with MLB logo
[Image: 1986_tcma_color_9_yaz_back_zpse1ff6079.jpg]

Black and white back no MLB logo
[Image: 1986_tcma_bw_9_yaz_back_zps8a01f31c.jpg]

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

None of my 1986 TCMA cards have the MLB logo. The black & white has blue print like yours but no MLB logos.

(12-04-2013, 09:08 AM)zeprock Wrote: None of my 1986 TCMA cards have the MLB logo. The black & white has blue print like yours but no MLB logos.
Interesting, I wonder how many printings of this set there are?

Doing some quick checking I was able to find some scans of;
color fronts and black backs both with and without the logo,
color fronts and blue backs without the logo,
and black & White fronts with blue backs and no logo.

Thanks for the info on yours,

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Yaz Topps 1966 #216 LDRS, 1969 #130, and 1973 #245 are somewhat notorious for poor centering. A case could probably be made for 1970 #461 AS as well.

Are there any other Yaz cards anyone has found to centering challenged as well?