`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lin Hype is Crazy!!!!!!

RE: The Lin Hype is Crazy!!!!!!
(02-11-2012, 05:28 PM)tupark82 Wrote: wtf does him being american born have anything to do with anything and why is that sad. and no, you're not stating a fact, you're spewing out false garbage. not that it matters a single ounce, but he was born here.
I don't think it really matters if he was born in the US or in Asia. The fact that he has Asian heritage will increase the interest in him for sure. The game yesterday was televised world wide just for that reason. That also has to have a huge influence on the prices his cards are currently fetching!
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

I think it's all HYPE right now.. his cards are skyrocketing, because he's the best thing to watch right now. he's a nobody, that became somebody. Asia loves him, so they'll buy up all his cards.. I'd say let them.. get your money while you can, for those that have pulled his cars from wax. If I pulled one of his cards today, I'd save it for my PC, just to stay I have one... but I am not jumping on the bandwagon. I think he has a solid game & is working very hard to be in the NBA & play the game he loves. I do not think he wants all the fame. He seems like a very good role model for future NBA stars. You don't have to be drafted to be a superstar.. just hard work & dedication..

Reminds me of a friend back in high school that could of made it to the NBA, but he was very short.. 5'1 or 5'2.. but he never missed a shot. He wasn't very educated school-wize, so he had to play for a nobody college.. then when nobody was interested in him, he went to Italy to play for two years, made some money then came back home.. he loves basketball, but was way too short & had a bad attitude..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(02-11-2012, 03:52 PM)908 Wrote: hes not proven to quick to say that and totally agree #'s drop when amare and carmelo come back to young and unproven to compare to jordan kobe lebron dwayne wade. and hes not american born like those other guys are sadly. not trying to start some racial or foreign fight just stating a fact. i get 114 pts in 4 gms is a bunch but not proven in the states.
You'd better get your facts straight before you post or else you'll just make yourself look stupid. Lin was born in Los Angeles, California.

Unlike some NBA spoiled brats, Lin is playing hard to earn his keep.

I won't go off on a tangent, but I'll definitely say how it is sad (and I've seen it on many sites today) that people don't think he's American because of his looks. Shoot, he talks better than most Americans do. Smile I'm liking the guy a lot and I have high hopes for him. I think he can easily be a 16/7/7 guy in his career if given the opportunity. I just hope that this isn't a situation similar to, I think it was Dragic, during the playoffs that one year where that guard outshined Nash on his own team for a few games. I hope he can sustain this because I love his humility and passion for he game.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Jeremy Lin go to Harvard? He is tearing it up on the court!

LINsanity dies tonight...of a Rubio Fever
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(02-11-2012, 07:37 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: LINsanity dies tonight...of a Rubio Fever
*shakes you* WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I swear you were having a bad dream, cause you were saying some crazy stuff. Smile
(02-11-2012, 07:35 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Jeremy Lin go to Harvard? He is tearing it up on the court!
You are correct. First Fitzpatrick (I think he went to Harvard) this year in Buffalo, now another Harvard athlete is doing it in NY. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

You bet your sweet astronomy that Fitzpatrick went to Harvard! His Exquisite RC prices skyrocketed from $50 to $400 the day after he beat New England earlier in the 2011 NFL season.

And another Lin Limited sold for $777.77. But I think that sale needs to be looked at.

If you think the people who sold his rookie cards early are upset, Chris Paul is going to lose MILLIONS of dollars because now the Knicks don't need a point guard.

I pulled so many autos of this guy, thank God I kept them Big Grin I went through so many boxes of cards tonight to get them on eBay since we all know this is a FAD!
Victor Sharp
Owner South Side Cards & Collectibles
11325 W. 143rd St.
Orland Park, IL 60467
http://southsidecards.com