`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quit Taping Toploaders SO TIGHT!!!!

Quit Taping Toploaders SO TIGHT!!!!
Sorry this is gonna come off as a major rant, but I have had two very nice cards come in the mail with dents on the top of the card because the top loader was taped as tight as possible. These thick cards have almost a cushion, so if the top loaded compresses them too long they either get bent in or a crease.

I've had two come in already and a third one today that was on super tight but the card expanded back when I opened it so it is still in good shape!!

Sorry about the rant!!

RE: Quit Taping Toploaders SO TIGHT!!!!
Quit Taping Toploaders SO TIGHT PERIOD!!!!

Fixed Smile

Recite this chant...Team Bags...team bags...team bags...team bags.

And for the love of all things holy, if you HAVE to tape a top loader (like, it's a religious thing for you or something) DON'T use packing tape.

Remember, safe shipping also means the other person has to be able to extract the cards safely.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

Masking tape is the best if you are going to use it because there is no residue and comes off very easy.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

I am often very frustrated when a mail day takes me 20 minutes to successfully open without damaging the goods.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Although I agree with the OP 100%, there is a whole other group of people who expect tape...I have had several ebay buyers get mad at me recently because I don't use it....even though their cards were fine.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

NEVER use tape! It shouldn't even be an option. ALWAYS use a team bag. In fact, to prevent a card getting squeezed in a team bag, put the open end of the toploader in the team bag first. That way, you are pulling the flap of the team bag over the sealed end of the toploader.

And if anyone "expects" tape, just laugh at them and move on... unless you aren't using ANYTHING to seal the toploader. If you are shipping a card in a toploader without anything to prevent the card from falling out, then you shouldn't be shipping cards.

Finally, use the correct toploader for the card. Don't jam a card into a thinner toploader and don't ship a thin card in a super-thick toploader. The card will get damaged that way just as easily.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Only time I use tape is if I get it that way and put it directly into trade Smile
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

Youve got that right! I had one recently using packing tape all over the toploader,so annoying.

(01-25-2012, 10:25 AM)ceocards Wrote: Quit Taping Toploaders SO TIGHT PERIOD!!!!

Fixed Smile

Recite this chant...Team Bags...team bags...team bags...team bags.

And for the love of all things holy, if you HAVE to tape a top loader (like, it's a religious thing for you or something) DON'T use packing tape.

Remember, safe shipping also means the other person has to be able to extract the cards safely.

I use regular plain jane scotch tape and as little as possible. It comes off easily and its just a preventive measure to keep magnetics from coming apart during shipment, because if they were to come apart you can guarantee it'll damage the card. As for top loaders, ya team bags would be best because tops bend easily, even taking tape off.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.