`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How underrated 50% is in the Player Collection world

How underrated 50% is in the Player Collection world
I have been collecting colbert for 7 years and am only a few percentage points above 50%. Alot of the cards I need are 1/1's. I know of alot of other collections that are awesome yet re still only 50% or less complete...I think the companies are making way too many different variations to card. Printing plates are the worst thing to happen. Why cant there just be ONE 1/1 masterpiece like their used to be. Because when you ell someone you have 50% of someones cards it doesnt sound very impressive even though you have put so much time into your collection. Thats why I try to help out as many other collectors as I can because even if its just one card that could mean alot to them...I know alot of us go through droughts and it makes you lose hope...I mean I should be able to find a Keary Colbert card I need in over a month an a half...C'mon man!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: How underrated 50% is in the Player Collection world
Hey if he had a big week everybody and their brother would put his cards for sale on ebay. Thats the problem I had with Bruce Carter stuff while he was on the PUP nobody posted anything and now theres abunch since he's been playing.

I know I just wish I could buy all of the low end base cards I need so those are out of the way...they just arent listed anywhere

i hear ya...i only have 33% of puckett, and feel like I have almost all the base. I would never get to all with the price of autos, but still, only 33% and I thats hundreds of em!
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

I feel your Pain. I collect alot of scrubs and When I say hey I have 42 % of say Stefan Lefors People blow it off alot of times. But when its a Lesser Known Player people fail to see that we come up with alot of obstacles.
Here are a few Because they are lower end Players
1. They are worth less and Not worth Other Traders time to even look for them
2. We get bombarded with Crazy sales offers of 5 times bk and 10 time sv for cards we do need.
3. We get offers of Hey I have this $3 insert you need but I need that $20 Gu/Auto you have.
4. If there is another trader that collects him Ebay can become expensive. Last year I finally got the Exquisite card of Lefors and I paid close to $40 for it.
5. Sometimes you are missing the dumbest variation of a card that some guy/gal threw in a box because it was a nobody in their mind. With Rb Chris Henry I am missing close to 400 cards and most are variations of Variatons yet I can't find any of them

So while I can understand some of these. It is not as easy to collect a scrub instead of a well know player.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(11-15-2011, 09:38 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I feel your Pain. I collect alot of scrubs and When I say hey I have 42 % of say Stefan Lefors People blow it off alot of times. But when its a Lesser Known Player people fail to see that we come up with alot of obstacles.
Here are a few Because they are lower end Players
1. They are worth less and Not worth Other Traders time to even look for them
2. We get bombarded with Crazy sales offers of 5 times bk and 10 time sv for cards we do need.
3. We get offers of Hey I have this $3 insert you need but I need that $20 Gu/Auto you have.
4. If there is another trader that collects him Ebay can become expensive. Last year I finally got the Exquisite card of Lefors and I paid close to $40 for it.
5. Sometimes you are missing the dumbest variation of a card that some guy/gal threw in a box because it was a nobody in their mind. With Rb Chris Henry I am missing close to 400 cards and most are variations of Variatons yet I can't find any of them

So while I can understand some of these. It is not as easy to collect a scrub instead of a well know player.

exactly!!!! oh hey I have a leflors 1/1!!!

50% seems like a awful lot to me and alot of time and money and hard work goes into it. Nothing to be ashamed of or undervalued at all
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

there will always be a problem with this. with a lesser known player, its hard to find any card of them. with well known players, there are just simply way too many cards. i collect frank gore, but there are 698 different gore autos out there already. i have 99 autos of his and i am not even trying to collect them all. i mean what in the world would anybody want that many autos of the same player for? honestly, if somebody wants to get 100% of a players cards, that player basically needs to only play a few years in the league, or be a mediocre defensive player so they dont produce a ton of their cards. and oh yeah, get rid of the printing plates. they were cool at first, but now i just recycle them with my pop cans lol.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I hear ya man! But 50% is nothin to be ashamed of (not saying you are). I also know whats its like to collect a "lesser" known player ( I REFUSE to call him a scrub, lol) in Ron Dayne. I only have @ 35% of his cards, and thats including print plates, but I REFUSE to collect those though. I dont have a problem with anyone else collecting those, but I personally think they are UHG! LEE!!
My Dayne collection consists of everything from the common base cards to inserts, rc's, parallels, gameused & auto's. I have a good mix of everything from the common stuff to the rare stuff. Most of the time I can purchase his stuff for good prices, but there are those occassional feebay bidding wars & that stupid trader who KNOWS he has a card you WANT & NEED and jus holds it ransom! I HATE THAT!!!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(11-15-2011, 10:30 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: I hear ya man! But 50% is nothin to be ashamed of (not saying you are). I also know whats its like to collect a "lesser" known player ( I REFUSE to call him a scrub, lol) in Ron Dayne. I only have @ 35% of his cards, and thats including print plates, but I REFUSE to collect those though. I dont have a problem with anyone else collecting those, but I personally think they are UHG! LEE!!
My Dayne collection consists of everything from the common base cards to inserts, rc's, parallels, gameused & auto's. I have a good mix of everything from the common stuff to the rare stuff. Most of the time I can purchase his stuff for good prices, but there are those occassional feebay bidding wars & that stupid trader who KNOWS he has a card you WANT & NEED and jus holds it ransom! I HATE THAT!!!
I honestly would feel real good about my progress if I could pick up all the base and inserts. I have 71 autos and about 70 game used already so they kind of blend in with eachother...only 3 1/1's. So I am mainly after the base and variations right now