`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes more sense???

What makes more sense???
Im in a bind right now. I need a lot of dough asap. Im working on a set that is pretty expensive for me and it seems like 8-10 of my needs are available which is good. However, within the last two days this guy I know is selling his Jason Taylor collection. Im talking 1/1s, hard to find inserts, phins logo patches, etc. Not junk. Ive tried to pry them off his hands for at least a year and now is my chance. Ive already asked him to sell a couple here and there but he needs the cash asap. Obviously coming up with $500+ in less than a week just to spend on cards is almost impossible unless I use my visa or sell some other PC stuff. So what makes more sense if I sell out of the PC:

1. Sell 5-6 highend cards including Marino so its quick and easy to move without losing a high number of cards

or...

2. Sell 30 or more lower end stuff so I dont lose any of my highend stuff but will probably never replace the cards once they are gone

I just really want to complete the set and pick up that JT collection without sacrificing too much in the process. What would you do?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: What makes more sense???
sell some of the higher end marinos...there are so many marino autos out there...you can replace that quickest and easiest...plus it will be able to expand your pc in the long run. trust me some of that low end stuff is ahrder to find than any high end stuff.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(10-08-2011, 02:14 AM)chads-cards Wrote: sell some of the higher end marinos...there are so many marino autos out there...you can replace that quickest and easiest...plus it will be able to expand your pc in the long run. trust me some of that low end stuff is ahrder to find than any high end stuff.
I think you are right but losing a Marino auto is like losing a finger haha.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

quite the contrary imho ..... replacing "high end" cards can be quite the chore (and costly if the market strengthens again) I feel you'd be better off selling your lower end in the long run.

just my $.02
pbean

I would sell me a high end Marino at a low end price Smile!

But seriously, I would get rid of the low ends depending on how bad you want em. Like pbean said, it can be very difficult letting a card you really like go and trying to find it all over again. That is the route I would take.

Credit card. You don't lose anything in your collection you will miss later. Insterad of buying stuff the next month or two, put it towards the credit card bill.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

It is a tough choice... Personally, I would go with the lower-ends. You will have to sell more to get the cash you need, and that means it will take more time to replace them, but I think you will miss them less than you would the high=end Marinos. But ultimately...

Jason Taylor over QUALITY Dan Marino cards?

** EDIT **

I missed the credit card option. That's the way to go. You don't lose ANY Marinos with that method. Just pay it off ASAP.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

have to agree with marinocollector. credit card all the way. you will be getting stuff right now you really want/need and not lose any of your current collection. pay the cc back over the next couple months and holdoff on buying cards. with what you say you would be getting from this guy you should be content with no purchases for a bit. my opinion of course.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

I'd rather not get in a financial debate BUT....

If you do have the money, I would just buy the JTs and not buy cards for a little. Thats just me tho
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

Bakerman, you don't need advice from a Jets fan, but here's two cents worth.

Credit Card

And scale back elsewhere in card collecting, or eating out less, if your g/f or wife lets you.

If 1 of 1's etc are what you want, you have one chance to get them.

I had this issue in 2009 with all those Mark Sanchez true RC's. Never spent so much on cards in my life, some of them have got higher book value today than when I bought. Others less, others impossible to find. That's ehat you have now, selling off Marino's, some may never reappear, I know you get the low numbered cards.

Take a deep breath, and use the credit card.

What do I know, just a Jets fan pinning my hopes on Mark Sanchez & Shonn Greene to take me to a Super Bowl!!!