`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cup vs Dominion - broke a box of each, you decide!

Cup vs Dominion - broke a box of each, you decide!
So I broke down and bought a pack of each - way beyond my typical range but I really had an itch.

I was pretty skeptical with the Dominion, but real happy after the break as you'll see below. The Cup was ok and probably broke even on value. I was expecting less from Dominion, and more from The Cup, but box against box it was Dominion hands down.

Let me know how you think each box was. Thanks for looking. NFT.

So the Dominion pack had 11 cards total, the 11th card was the Modano Private Signings - just a thin card like regular cards. Weird to pull it, was the one card not numbered.

Ovechkin jersey #/99
Lemieux Ruby Auto #/50
Lehtonen Prime jersey #/25
Patrick Roy Name Plate #/25
Palmeiri RC is actually #/161?
Brophy RC #/199
Modano Private Signings NNO
Heatley Nifty Fifty #/50

remaining cards on second scan

[Image: Cards.jpg]

rest of Dominion break

Shanahan Benchmark Stick #/99
Rheaume Legends #/99
Datsyuk Common #/199

And The Cup, pretty nice cards, 2 commons, 4 autos. Pulled one of the #/99 ARP rookies, too bad was single color.

Lemieux common #/249
Vanek common #/249 (not shown in scan)
Bobrowsky ARP #/99
Penner RC #/199
Lidstrom SC Signatures #/50
Hossa Honorable Numbers #/81

[Image: Cards1.jpg]

RE: Cup vs Dominion - broke both, you decide!
Very nice. The Lemieux is easily the best pull out of the 2 packs & no doubt the reason you picked Dominion over The Cup.

The only downside I have with products like these are the autographed rookies. In such high end products, there shouldn't be ANY "second tier" rookies in these packs, especially if they count as a "hit". Brophy, Palmieri & Penner may be nice guys & play on good teams with a solid fanbase; however, they should NOT have autographed rookies in this type of product. In SPX, fine. Not in a super high $$$ product like these 2.

Was that Roy on eBay? I saw one with almost an identical patch last night.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(09-20-2011, 11:08 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: Was that Roy on eBay? I saw one with almost an identical patch last night.
No way, the Roy is PC for me. Besides, I opened this today. Looks like a common type letter patch though, nice it's a Canadiens letter piece.
(09-20-2011, 10:15 PM)azicet Wrote: Very nice. The Lemieux is easily the best pull out of the 2 packs & no doubt the reason you picked Dominion over The Cup.

The only downside I have with products like these are the autographed rookies. In such high end products, there shouldn't be ANY "second tier" rookies in these packs, especially if they count as a "hit". Brophy, Palmieri & Penner may be nice guys & play on good teams with a solid fanbase; however, they should NOT have autographed rookies in this type of product. In SPX, fine. Not in a super high $$$ product like these 2.
I totally agree about the rookies, a guy should never have to ask "who" when they crack a high end signed RC. Palmeiri was a first round draft pick, but these are not top tier rookies in any way.

(09-20-2011, 10:15 PM)azicet Wrote: Very nice. The Lemieux is easily the best pull out of the 2 packs & no doubt the reason you picked Dominion over The Cup.

And this is why Dominion is a far better break and return on investment because they kept the lesser knowns limited to the auto rookies #/199. They only have patch auto's for the rookies that have proven themselves or are drafted high. The Cup has way too many lesser knowns and at $480 a tin you feel violtaed, at least I did. Panini did a fantastic job with Dominion as a first attempt. I mean look at this patch of Mario I pulled.
[Image: Photograph16.jpg]

I think both boxes are nice, not sure if the cup is worth the price you paid for them but nice hits
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

nice breaks on both
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Did pretty well on both. One thing that gets me about the Cup is all the one color patches in the RC. If your paying $450 for a tin at least the ARPs could be multi-colored.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Great hits on both. This is tough decision. You get more cards from Dominion which makes it more enjoyable but there are so many base parallels and the jersey and patches are the same design as the base. However five on card autographs in one pack is killer. The Cup break was solid. A case hit ARP/99, a honorable numbers, and stanley cup champions auto. Great break. If one had a redemption it would have been an easy decision. But I think the Dominion break was slightly superior in this break.

RE: Cup vs Dominion - broke a box from both, you decide!
i like the cup better but i wish that the rookies had more room to sign on the cup cards...its seems a little skrunched