`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Tin of Dominion! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

RE: 1 Tin of Dominion! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(09-14-2011, 03:34 PM)dragik Wrote: I am not complaining or bitching, I am just saying that I think the Cup is better all around. I like the card design better, the base cards better, etc etc. These just look exactly like the Plates and Patches football, and each card has different variations with these obnoxious colors of foil which they use a lot of on the face of the cards, which also makes the cards hard to read (see the blue jackets jersey I pulled above). I am not a big fan of the brown surfboard looking thing on every card, and it makes it worse with the gold writing. And I think you guys are nuts that I would get even with that Fowler for the record Smile
Haha, ok I guess I really have no idea what stuff sells for. I was just thinking that Cup ARP /99 are selling ridiculous, but maybe those are limited to the very best players. I completely agree that when you're talking about card design, it's no contest. I expected it to be a lot closer.

On a good day, how much could you recoup if you sold everything? How much did a box cost?

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

(09-14-2011, 03:40 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Haha, ok I guess I really have no idea what stuff sells for. I was just thinking that Cup ARP /99 are selling ridiculous, but maybe those are limited to the very best players. I completely agree that when you're talking about card design, it's no contest. I expected it to be a lot closer.

On a good day, how much could you recoup if you sold everything? How much did a box cost?
The Cup RPA /99 are for the best. So the Fowler The Cup /249 redemption is around $100. A live /99 may bump it a little.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

(09-14-2011, 03:34 PM)dragik Wrote: I am not complaining or bitching, I am just saying that I think the Cup is better all around. I like the card design better, the base cards better, etc etc. These just look exactly like the Plates and Patches football, and each card has different variations with these obnoxious colors of foil which they use a lot of on the face of the cards, which also makes the cards hard to read (see the blue jackets jersey I pulled above). I am not a big fan of the brown surfboard looking thing on every card, and it makes it worse with the gold writing. And I think you guys are nuts that I would get even with that Fowler for the record Smile
I agree with you 100%. I just ordered a case of Ultimate because I love the design. Thank you for posting these cards and giving your honest opinion - I appreciate that! Spud
Photobucket: http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae140/mrspudhead98/
I enjoy Beckett but I don't trade cards anymore.
Favorite quotes "... it will be reported to Canada Rev."
(A966567760846SVermont8911CCC346.1).

I understand, like I said in my prev. post, how you feel. Dominion is nothing like the Cup as far as looks. The Cup by far is a nicer design and I much rather have a Cup ARP than Dominion, but Fowler is one of the top 10 rookies from this years crop, IMO. His Dominion ARP will sell for more than his CUP(which is a redemption and is selling between $75-$100 range). Collectors love the /99 RCs and pay premiums to have one. You may not get $400 for it but I could easily see getting in the $200-250 range for it.
Also look at it this way, how many people you think are going to be upset when opening this product and get a box like yours with a /199 RC that's just auto's instead of a /99. $20 rookie card for a product that you pay $400 is not cool.

On another note it sucks that Panini would put in 3 base cards in a box. From what I understood they were only supposed to have a max of 2 base per box, and like you said way too many parallels.

Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

congrats on getting a /99 rookie

the tin could have been better but it was nice
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I feel your pain. Three base, bland jerseys and patch, and no name auto. But the Evander Kane is sweet and the Fowler is a case hit.

(09-14-2011, 04:29 PM)hockeynick1721 Wrote: I feel your pain. Three base, bland jerseys and patch, and no name auto. But the Evander Kane is sweet and the Fowler is a case hit.
If the Fowler is a case hit, then that stinks haha.
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

If the Fowler is a case hit then I wonder how the other boxes turned out in that case. You may have gotten the best box in the case.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

Stick to The Cup.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

I mean its rare to buy one box, get the case hit, and still not break even. In almost any product you will break even. So far, not liking what I'm seeing
Always gone Thur-Sun