`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure, its 89' Donruss. But this is still lucky. Scans added

RE: Sure, its 89' Donruss. But this is still lucky.
Thanks for the reply's everyone. After the 3rd Griffey I got within the first 8 packs, I didnt get another one in the entire rest of the box. So 3 was what I ended up with. I also landed a Randy Johnson RC, Craig Biggio RC, John Smoltz RC, and on the very last pack I got the Curt Schilling RC.

As far as the Griffey RC's and the centering goes. Ive done some comparing and it looks like the centering on all three of them is significantly better than alot of the other cards I pulled from this box. Let me work on getting a few pics of the Griffey's and you can tell me what you think. I was considering maybe sending them in to see how they'd grade. The condition in all other area's seems top notch and once I found them they went straight into hard sleeves. Stand by for the pics.

RE: Sure, its 89' Donruss. But this is still lucky.
Finally, i think i got it figured out. So once again, here are the Griffey RC's I pulled. First one is the one that looks to have the best centering, followed by the two that look a little off. Lastly a pic of all 3 side by side. Sorry about the quality its the best I can do right now. Let me know if you think any of them might be worth sending in to try and get a good grade, I would appreciate your input on that. Thanks for looking.
[Image: GriffeyRC.jpg]
[Image: GriffeyRC5.jpg]
[Image: GriffeyRc3.jpg]
[Image: GriffeyRC8.jpg]

RE: Sure, its 89' Donruss. But this is still lucky. Scans added
Um, they're not in card sleeves, are they. Be careful when you put the, in the sleeves, that's where they catch a corner and get messed up, especially on 89 donruss. I like the top one. I think I'm going to get myself a box tomorrow

(07-22-2011, 11:31 PM)daytonator Wrote: Um, they're not in card sleeves, are they. Be careful when you put the, in the sleeves, that's where they catch a corner and get messed up, especially on 89 donruss. I like the top one. I think I'm going to get myself a box tomorrow
Yes all 3 are in hard sleeves. I pay close attention when putting my cards in sleeves. Ive managed to mess up a few corners before so now I am very careful about it. Luckily they weren't real valuable cards so it was a lesson learned that could have been worse. The scans dont do justice for these Griffey RC's, they really are in great shape the pics just make them appear to have spots and such, which is actually just stuck to the sleeves. I lucked out with all 3 of these being in such good shape, usually I will get cards that somehow received damaged while still in the wrappers but these are very nice. I looked at them closer and really only one of them is off center enough to easily see. So I got 2 that have really nice centering that Im thinking about sending in for grading, I think they would do really well and may get 9-9.5, but I am not too experienced with the whole grading thing so I dont know for sure. Thanks for looking everyone.

what the poster meant above is that the cards were not in pennysleeves before being inserted into the toploaders

the soft poly/penny sleeves will help prevent damage to the surface of the card as well as the edges (keep it from bouncing around in the case)

you can get them for really cheap online from any big card place, LCS or even wal-mart

I usually use BCW or ultra-pro
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(07-23-2011, 02:09 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: what the poster meant above is that the cards were not in pennysleeves before being inserted into the toploaders

the soft poly/penny sleeves will help prevent damage to the surface of the card as well as the edges (keep it from bouncing around in the case)

you can get them for really cheap online from any big card place, LCS or even wal-mart

I usually use BCW or ultra-pro
Sounds like that is the recommended thing to do. I will put them into the soft sleeves as well as the hard sleeves. Thanks for the advice. I want to keep these in as good a shape as I can. I can see how they might bounce around inside the hard sleeves they do seem to fit loosely inside there by themselves.