`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure, its 89' Donruss. But this is still lucky. Scans added

Sure, its 89' Donruss. But this is still lucky. Scans added
So I just started collecting again not too long ago after about a 13-15 year break. The only Griffey Jr RC I have is a 89 Topps Traded that now has a crease in it somehow from the years it was unattended to. So needless to say a Griffey Jr RC is something Ive been wanting to pick up since I started collecting again. I bought a 36ct wax box of 89 Donruss today for $10, dont know if thats good or not but its only $10 so I didnt care. Very first pack in I hit a Randy Johnson RC, ok not a bad start maybe Ill get that Griffey eventually. Second pack in and bam there it is a nice looking Griffey RC staring me in the face. Yea sure its only a 89' Donruss but Im 2 packs in and I got one already so Im pretty stoked. Anyways just felt like sharing with everyone Im going to open the other 34 packs now maybe Ill get a few more haha. Later everyone.

Ok cooled off a bit in the 3rd pack. But can someone tell me whats up with this Jose Canseco 40/40 #643? Why does beckett have it listed as a print run of 40? Its value obviously says otherwise and so does the "have" section of everyone's organizer stats. Im just curious. Thanks.

Wow....pack #4 just gave me Griffey RC #2. Is this normal?

RE: Sure, its 89' Donruss. But this is still lucky.
Did you buy some sleeves with that box? 89 'Russ are pretty condition sensitive. Keep those Griffs mint. How is the centering on them?
[Image: 5990000932_c874f0ce46_m.jpg]

(07-20-2011, 11:42 PM)killrbees17 Wrote: Did you buy some sleeves with that box? 89 'Russ are pretty condition sensitive. Keep those Griffs mint. How is the centering on them?
Ive got a stack of sleeves right here next to me. I may need more though. I just opened pack #8 and scored another one so that makes 3 so far. As far as centering goes, one of them looks perfect from what I can tell and 2 look like they may be a little off. But I havent been doing this very long so I dont know what is considered minor and whats major.

Nice indeed! I have a few 89 donruss cards myself if you want to finish off that set. Let me know!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

for 20 dollars I will sell you a 1989 Topps Traded Griffey graded PSA10 I have two of them and would like to move one. PM if interested
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

nothing wrong with donruss..Photobucket
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

(07-21-2011, 08:01 PM)bman12 Wrote: nothing wrong with donruss..Photobucket
no, but pretty much anything from that era has significantly less value than any other era. thats what the OP was trying to say
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-20-2011, 11:14 PM)Datwell0724 Wrote: So I just started collecting again not too long ago after about a 13-15 year break. The only Griffey Jr RC I have is a 89 Topps Traded that now has a crease in it somehow from the years it was unattended to. So needless to say a Griffey Jr RC is something Ive been wanting to pick up since I started collecting again. I bought a 36ct wax box of 89 Donruss today for $10, dont know if thats good or not but its only $10 so I didnt care. Very first pack in I hit a Randy Johnson RC, ok not a bad start maybe Ill get that Griffey eventually. Second pack in and bam there it is a nice looking Griffey RC staring me in the face. Yea sure its only a 89' Donruss but Im 2 packs in and I got one already so Im pretty stoked. Anyways just felt like sharing with everyone Im going to open the other 34 packs now maybe Ill get a few more haha. Later everyone.
I have a bunch of the triple blister packs, i rem seeing a Griffey R/C as the top card & left that & most others sealed. I think these blisters has the Canseco BC printed on the packaging.

Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

nice box. the collation back then was spotty which is why you got 3 griffeys. You would usually get cards numbered together and the same box would often be all from the same part of the set. I did the same thing with 82 topps when I got 3 ripkens in the same box. congrats.

(07-22-2011, 07:56 AM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: nice box. the collation back then was spotty which is why you got 3 griffeys. You would usually get cards numbered together and the same box would often be all from the same part of the set. I did the same thing with 82 topps when I got 3 ripkens in the same box. congrats.
I've heard of 89 Upper Deck being the same way. Some boxes would have no griffey, and some would have 5 of them.