`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hall of Fame Discussion..Everyone is welcome!

RE: Hall of Fame Discussion..Everyone is welcome!
I love the list as well. I say Bagwell will make it.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(06-17-2011, 01:55 AM)yankeeempire Wrote: You CANNOT crucify a person for something he did while not doing the other. He was busted as a manager not a player. You cannot deny the numbers Rose has or what he did while he was a player, However you cannot deny what he did as a manager and thats a stain that won't wash out. I personally don't like Rose but i feel he deserves to be put in the HOF for what he did on the field and not the dugout
True. I cant wait for his record to be broken. I dont like him at all as a person.

Rafael Palmeiro! Even Ryne Sandberg has said Sammy should not be allowed in!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Here is my argument for Maris. Maris won back to back MVP awards in a time he was playing with the likes of Mantle,Mays,Aaron and Kaline etc etc and beat them out which is not a easy feat. then you have his 7 time all star appearances. 3 time world series championships. A gold glove. the fact he still hold the record (Bonds,Sosa,Mcgwire cheated) Thats not including all the AL pennants he won. In 1960 baseball was dying and what he and Mantle did in the summer of 61 no doubt sparked the interest back up so much and got it through the Vietnam war. They can hang his bat in the HOF they can make a display about him but yet the man isn't enshrined in bronze on the wall....and oh yea he never spit on a umpire!!!!
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

(06-17-2011, 02:11 AM)yankeeempire Wrote: Here is my argument for Maris. Maris won back to back MVP awards in a time he was playing with the likes of Mantle,Mays,Aaron and Kaline etc etc and beat them out which is not a easy feat. then you have his 7 time all star appearances. 3 time world series championships. A gold glove. the fact he still hold the record (Bonds,Sosa,Mcgwire cheated) Thats not including all the AL pennants he won. In 1960 baseball was dying and what he and Mantle did in the summer of 61 no doubt sparked the interest back up so much and got it through the Vietnam war. They can hang his bat in the HOF they can make a display about him but yet the man isn't enshrined in bronze on the wall....and oh yea he never spit on a umpire!!!!
+1!!!!
What about Ken Griffey, Jr?
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(06-17-2011, 02:18 AM)beginesj Wrote: +1!!!!
Griffey jr will get in because the sports writers liked him.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

(06-17-2011, 02:18 AM)beginesj Wrote: +1!!!!
Griffey Jr is a first ballot for sure...Easily the most dominant hitter of the 90's and if he stayed healthy, he would have been able to beat Bonds' record.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

evilbob forgot Smoltz when he said Maddux and Glavine. All 3 will be in the HOF soon enough.

On a side note, I saw Rose in Vegas about a year ago and I have to admit, I feel bad for him. He looks very run down and not happy. Just a shadow of his former self. I think most agree he should be in the HOF but I don't think the "powers that be" will give him that satisfaction while Rose is alive.
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]

Fred McGriff
Barry Larkin
Thurman Munson
Lou Whitaker
Alan Trammell

Beyond these guys, I don't think the HOF should be/will be voting many of the incoming crop of roid era superstars in. It wouldn't surprise me to see the HOF shut it's doors for an extended period until the whole steroid mess goes away for good.

(06-17-2011, 02:37 AM)yankeeempire Wrote: Griffey jr will get in because the sports writers liked him.
lol

Griffey Jr. will be in because he dominated the sport for a decade and has HOF numbers. He is a first ballot guy based on that alone regardless of who liked him.

(06-17-2011, 06:30 AM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: lol

Griffey Jr. will be in because he dominated the sport for a decade and has HOF numbers. He is a first ballot guy based on that alone regardless of who liked him.
+1
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]