`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Most Recent Box Breaks And Acquisitions (Pic Heavy)

My Most Recent Box Breaks And Acquisitions (Pic Heavy)
Hello all!

I am back! I had an amazing trip to Eagan, MN to see my son over the past week-and-a-half, and trust me when I say that it was extremely hard to leave. I miss my boy so much and wish that I could be with him all of the time. The city of Eagan is gorgeous too! So much greenery, very nicely kept, forest area everywhere. It was just a great place to be. We are surely going back and hope to stay longer next time.

While there I attempted (not too hard, mind you) to find some hockey cards, but only came across baseball in WalMart, and was unable to find an LCS. So I just waited until I got home and bought a box of Contenders. I liked what I got, but am not that impressed to collect anything from it. I also picked up three boxes of 2010-11 SP Authentic, one 2010-11 Series One and 12 packs of 2010-11 SPx. The SPx was the absolute best for the money out of these pick-ups, but I did manage some great hits out of the Contenders and SPA. I have also acquired some traders from eBay for decent prices.

On to the show:

PC from my breaks and eBay:

2010-11 Upper Deck Series 1-Jeff Skinner Young Guns RC

Jeff Skinner

2010-11 SP Authentic Sign Of The Times Dual-David Backes/Jaroslav Halak

David Bakces/Jaroslav Halak

And this Halak RC brings me down to needing only 2 to have one of each. 2007-08 Trilogy-Jaroslav Halak RC

Jaroslav Halak

If anyone knows where I can find a Halak Be A Player or OPC Premier RC, please let me know. They are the last two that I need!

From eBay:

2010-11 SPx: Winning Materials-Claude Giroux; Winning Combos-Claude Giroux/James van Riemsdyk; Rookie Materials-Nino Neiderreiter

Claude GirouxClaude Giroux/James van Riemsdyk

2010-11 SP Authentic: Future Watch AU/RC-Eric Tangradi, Nick Johnson; Holo FX-Sidney Crosby, Mario Lemieux; Sign Of The Times-Eric Tangradi

Eric TangradiNick JohnsonSidney CrosbyMario LemieuxEric Tangradi

On to the breaks:

3 boxes 2010-11 SP Authentic

Future Watch RC-Travis Hamonic, Nick Holden, Matt Kassian, Alexander Vasyunov

Travis HamonicNick HoldenMatt KassianAlexander Vasyunov

Future Watch AU-Alex Plante (Wrong darn Oiler!!!), Eric Wellwood, Justin Falk, Evan Brophey, Brandon Pirri, Brandon Yip

Alex PlanteEric WellwoodJustin FalkEvan BropheyBrandon PirriBrandon Yip

Holo FX-Wayne Gretzky, Brian Gionta, Dustin Penner, John Tavares, Daniel Alfredsson, Shane Doan

Wayne GretzkyBrian GiontaDustin PennerJohn TavaresDaniel AlfredssonShane Doan

Sign Of The Times-Tim Kennedy (who?!?!), James van Riemsdyk

Tim KennedyJames van Reimsdyk

Future Watch AU/Patch-Mark Olver (the patch is SICK!!! Four colors and seven breaks!)

Mark Olver

12 packs 2010-11 SPx:

RC-Eric Wellwood; Finite RC-Evgeny Grachev; AU/JSY RC-Kevin Shattenkirk; Winning Materials-Shane Doan; Patch RC-Cody Almond (3 colors, 3 breaks)

Eric WellwoodEvgeny GrachevKevin ShattenkirkShane DoanCody Almond

2010-11 Playoff Contenders:

AU RC-Jacob Josefson, Ian Cole, P.K. Subban; Playoff Ticket RC-Alexander Burmistrov #88/100 (see if you can spot the error); Classic Ticket-Johnny Bower; The Great Outdoors-Evgeni Malkin; Calder Contenders-Jordan Eberle; Leather Larceny AU-Nicklas Backstrom #15/50; Legendary Contenders Emerald-Terry O'Reilly #4/50 (also have the regular version f this one)

Jacob JosefsonIan ColeP.K. SubbanAlexander BurmistrovJohnny BowerEvgeni MalkinJordan EberleNicklas Backstrom

I also have the following inserts from the Playoff Contenders box:
Awards Contenders Norris-Drew Doughty, Nicklas Lidstrom
Draft Tandems-Ryan Smyth/Thomas Holmstrom
Leather Larceny-Mike Smith
Lottery Winners-Matt Duchene
Against The Glass-Chris Neal
Perennial Contenders-Henrik Sedin

2010-11 Upper Deck Series 1:

20th Anniversary-Henrik Sedin, Eric Tangradi YG

Henrik SedinEric  Tangradi

This box also had the Jeff Skinner YG; a Brayden Schenn YG (eBay, along with the other four YG's); Adam Oates and Dustin Brown Game Jersey; Joe Thornton and Jeff Carter All-World Team; Steve Yzerman #HH4, #HH5; Clear Cut Champions-Scott Niedermayer #27/100 (jersey number, eBay).

All in all I think that I did very well for what I bought! I would like to thank all of those who wished me well while I was on my hiatus. When I last logged in I was shocked to find that we have to now pay for the Org. feature! Wonder how many people have quit due to this new ruling? Well... all is available, save for the Halak and Skinner cards! I hope that all are doing well!

Randi

RE: My Most Recent Box Breaks And Acquisitions (Pic Heavy)
Randi, Great to have you back!!!!! Those are some pretty impressive breaks there. Looks like you have quite a few Pens cards that I will be needing to wiggle from you hands. Really nice to hear that you had such a good time with your son. I bet it was very enjoyable.

Welcome Back
Walt
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

(05-25-2011, 08:10 AM)pens1fan Wrote: Randi, Great to have you back!!!!! Those are some pretty impressive breaks there. Looks like you have quite a few Pens cards that I will be needing to wiggle from you hands. Really nice to hear that you had such a good time with your son. I bet it was very enjoyable.

Welcome Back
Walt
Thank you for the warm welcome back, Walt! I am kinda happy to be home, but sad at the same time. Being with my son was amazing! I had yourself and Hugh in mind when I acquired the Pens cards, and Craig when I snared the Giroux's. I also yanked a few for you guys, so hopefully we can work out some trades soon!

P.S. Here is my Emerald Terry O'Reilly:

Terry O'Reilly

Welcome back!

If you want to move that Giroux/JVR and JVR SOTT, let me know! Would love to get them for my PC.

Nick
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

(05-25-2011, 08:18 AM)nickthekid87 Wrote: Welcome back!

If you want to move that Giroux/JVR and JVR SOTT, let me know! Would love to get them for my PC.

Nick
You know what I am looking for... so shoot me an offer and hopefully we can get something worked out! Thanks for the welcome!

Randi

As stated, welcome back... YAY! Now there's 8 active people on the hockey boards! hahaha!

Glad the trip went well...

RE trades: We'll have to try to work something out for that Yip SPA FW/AU/RC. I'll see what I can dig up.

Cheers!

Tim
[Image: SIG2.jpg]
SIG: THANKS TO malcolm136
::: PC WANTS :::
Super-Collecting: Brandon Yip & Anders Lindback
Collecting: E.Kane, Toews, Fistric

RANDI!!

I am happy to hear you had a great time with your son and were able to spend some quality time with him. I am sure he missed you just as much as you missed him...Hopefully you'll be able to spen more and more time with him here in the future.

As for cards: I could use the Crosby holo and the Malking great outdoors card.....Ive already acquired the rest....But will take the Tangradi and johnson rcs if you cant trade them to Walt.

Glad to have you back buddy...somebody has to watch TIMMY!!!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Sick patches nice additions
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I am guessing that the error is that Alexander Burmistrov forgot to sign that card?

Where is my prize if I am right? Big Grin Tongue

no the error is that in the Auto space it reads Carolina not Atlanta
I Collect ALL Penguins D.Kulikov E Staal J. Skinner R Suter M. Paajarvi The Sedins and L. Couture