`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
First homerun at your first game, who was it?

RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it?
(09-30-2011, 09:18 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: I wish I could remember. The only thing I remember about my very first game (an Oakland A's Spring Training game at Phoenix Municipal Stadium) was watching Rickey Henderson play in the outfield about 30 feet from me.
Do you remember your 1st regular season game? The 1st homer in that game can qualify too. Wink

(09-30-2011, 11:20 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Do you remember your 1st regular season game? The 1st homer in that game can qualify too. Wink
Indeed!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

I caught my first homerun, was hit by Ray Lankford, at old Busch. Was early 90s, i cant remember exactly who the game was against to be honest.

(12-21-2011, 10:04 AM)Krangry Wrote: I caught my first homerun, was hit by Ray Lankford, at old Busch. Was early 90s, i cant remember exactly who the game was against to be honest.
Nice, Ray Lankford. Oldie but goodie.

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

I don't remember much from the handful of games my older brother took me to in the late 60's while he was attending Case Western up in Cleveland. The first game I do remember, is the Indians home opener my sophomore year of high school in 1975. Frank Robinson and Boog Powell both homered for the Tribe that day.

(02-17-2011, 11:03 AM)toddaray Wrote: Joe Carter 1986. Never forget it.
Joe Carter in 1986 for me too. Against my beloved Red Sox in Fenway.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

1960 Braves' Bob Buhl pitching vs Dodger's Wally Moon...two on...and Wally hit a Moonshot to left center at the LA Colisium.
(12-28-2011, 01:19 PM)exposfan09 Wrote: Nice, Ray Lankford. Oldie but goodie.
Thanks...makes me feel like a caveman...early 1990s are the oldie but goodies!! Angry
Looking for ...
1)autos of Gwynn, Headley, Venable, as well as Chargers... Gates, and Rivers.
2) autos/gu'd of Baldelli, Zobrist, rare Red Soxs
3) HOF autos, game-used and #<50

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/gwynn_fan/

Al Oliver off JR Richard in June 1976 in the Dome, the only HR in the game. The next night we tried to get to the second game of the series but flooding made it impossible and the Astros had their first (and maybe only) official rainout in Astrodome. The following night we made it back and Oliver homered and again the only HR of the night, this time off Andujar, so Oliver hit the first TWO HRs I ever saw.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(01-10-2012, 06:31 PM)expediter Wrote: 1960 Braves' Bob Buhl pitching vs Dodger's Wally Moon...two on...and Wally hit a Moonshot to left center at the LA Colisium.

Thanks...makes me feel like a caveman...early 1990s are the oldie but goodies!! Angry
LOL..my bad!! I feel like a caveman now that I think about it!

My first was Frank Thomas against Detroit back in either 94 or 95. I missed catching it by less than 3 feet.