Beckett Message Boards
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett (/thread-569169.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 09-12-2014

This is excellent information, Russell. Thanks for taking the time to submit this information. There are a lot of collectors on here of players who are featured in these insert sets.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - cgod26 - 09-13-2014

Here is any interesting card that I found while sorting my cards. I have a half dozens of these blue colored stamped visions cards but one is purple. At first I thought that maybe the printer made a mistake and the blue was fading making the stamp purple but at the bottom of the card, the blue is the same rich colored blue on both cards. The scans aren't the best, but the purple is a solid purple and very noticably different. The backs of the cards are identical in color. kaufman's pants seem to match the purple in color better than they do on the blue card which makes me think that the blue may be getting saturated a little but doesn't explain why the blue is prefectly matched in the stamp for "napoleon" at bottom of card. Has anyone else ever seen a purple version of this card?? It's the 1996 classic visions freshman futures.

[Image: jj004_zpsb0e4d790.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 09-13-2014

(09-13-2014, 06:17 PM)cgod26 Wrote: Here is any interesting card that I found while sorting my cards. I have a half dozens of these blue colored stamped visions cards but one is purple. At first I thought that maybe the printer made a mistake and the blue was fading making the stamp purple but at the bottom of the card, the blue is the same rich colored blue on both cards. The scans aren't the best, but the purple is a solid purple and very noticably different. The backs of the cards are identical in color. kaufman's pants seem to match the purple in color better than they do on the blue card which makes me think that the blue may be getting saturated a little but doesn't explain why the blue is prefectly matched in the stamp for "napoleon" at bottom of card. Has anyone else ever seen a purple version of this card?? It's the 1996 classic visions freshman futures.

[Image: jj004_zpsb0e4d790.jpg]
I do not know what to think about your Visions parallel. At the current time I am inclined to believe that it may be just an innocent dye lot variance rather than an intentional parallel (just my opinion).

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - deputy13 - 09-25-2014

i am looking for the following cards 1997 leaf football 1948 promos #s 3 7 10 14 15 18 19 and 23 in regulars 1948 13 18 and 23 in the fractors matrix die cuts # 161 b hanspand in 1994 finest football refractors $s 3 113(2) and 167 if anyone have these i will pay top dollar for them thanks john 1 912 660 7609

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - cgod26 - 09-26-2014

Well, there is 4 more 1996 Men of Destiny Parallels that exist. 6 Total (Not counting Jumbos).

Everyone probably already knows about the base card #ed/4000 and the Gold Series parallel #ed/1000. If you thought these were HTF, these latest parallels make those look very common in comparison. It turns out, there are 4 MORE parallels to these Destiny cards. There is a "TEST" and "SAMPLE" parallel for both the base card and the Gold Series card. The base card "TEST" and "SAMPLE" cards are both #ed/75. The Gold Series card also has a "TEST" and "SAMPLE" card that are #ed/25. I have included a picture of all 6 versions of these cards for reference. (The photo autograph is included because I thought it was cool that the Destiny card photo was the same as this autographed photo I have.)

[Image: destiny005_zpse9ee7f74.jpg]

[Image: destiny007_zps089ccd95.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - coltsfansince85 - 09-27-2014

Can't find this in the OPG anywhere:

2008 Upper Deck Icons Immortals Lettermen Herschel Walker /84
[Image: UD-Icons-Lettermen-Herschel-Walker-B_zpscd7173fa.gif]
(09-26-2014, 04:22 PM)cgod26 Wrote: Well, there is 4 more 1996 Men of Destiny Parallels that exist. 6 Total (Not counting Jumbos).

Everyone probably already knows about the base card #ed/4000 and the Gold Series parallel #ed/1000. If you thought these were HTF, these latest parallels make those look very common in comparison. It turns out, there are 4 MORE parallels to these Destiny cards. There is a "TEST" and "SAMPLE" parallel for both the base card and the Gold Series card. The base card "TEST" and "SAMPLE" cards are both #ed/75. The Gold Series card also has a "TEST" and "SAMPLE" card that are #ed/25. I have included a picture of all 6 versions of these cards for reference. (The photo autograph is included because I thought it was cool that the Destiny card photo was the same as this autographed photo I have.)

If I could like posts, I'd like this one!

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 09-29-2014

(09-26-2014, 04:22 PM)cgod26 Wrote: Well, there is 4 more 1996 Men of Destiny Parallels that exist. 6 Total (Not counting Jumbos).

I wonder if there are test and sample parallels for all the other cards within the set as well, I am inclined to believe so. As brought up prior, there seems to be additional parallels of at least some of these cards concerning unit values as well. The complete checklist of this set is still evolving.

(09-27-2014, 07:24 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: Can't find this in the OPG anywhere:

2008 Upper Deck Icons Immortals Lettermen Herschel Walker /84
[Image: UD-Icons-Lettermen-Herschel-Walker-B_zpscd7173fa.gif]
I could not locate it in the OPG anywhere either.

These are excellent discoveries gentlemen.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - uwash97 - 09-29-2014

1997 Score Board NFL Experience Hard Target

[Image: scan11_zpsd947f594.jpeg]
[Image: scan16_zps7dd2206c.jpeg]

I don't believe these have been addressed before, but I apologize if they have. Currently, the Beckett Database lists the 1997 Score Board NFL Experience Hard Target cards as a 5-card set. According to the set description, "These oversized (approximately 5" by 7") cards were distributed by Score Board at the 1997 NFL Experience Super Bowl Card Show in New Orleans. Each card is unnumbered and features a top NFL player on the cardfront with an explanation of Score Board's Wrapper Redemption program on the cardbacks. A different player was distributed each day of the card show." Clearly this description is referring to the card on the left. The other 4 players are Terrell Davis, Emmitt Smith, Eddie George, and Keyshawn Johnson. The card on the right is a normal-sized card and I believe was an insert in the 1997 Score Board NFL Experience packs. Unfortunately I don't have any other information as to what the checklist looks like or what players are involved. This is the only regular one I've seen, but I haven't really been looking for other ones. But this card is HT4 in the set. My assumption is that there are others. But the real question is are they limited to the same 5 players or is it an expanded checklist?

At the very least, I think the current listing should be changed to "Hard Target 5x7" I know they won't add the regular-sized set until a checklist can be confirmed but I just want to throw it out there and see if anyone else has any information regarding these. I thought since Keyshawn is involved maybe ginge01 has some knowledge...

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - ginge01 - 09-29-2014

(09-29-2014, 02:33 PM)uwash97 Wrote: 1997 Score Board NFL Experience Hard Target

I don't believe these have been addressed before, but I apologize if they have. Currently, the Beckett Database lists the 1997 Score Board NFL Experience Hard Target cards as a 5-card set. According to the set description, "These oversized (approximately 5" by 7") cards were distributed by Score Board at the 1997 NFL Experience Super Bowl Card Show in New Orleans. Each card is unnumbered and features a top NFL player on the cardfront with an explanation of Score Board's Wrapper Redemption program on the cardbacks. A different player was distributed each day of the card show." Clearly this description is referring to the card on the left. The other 4 players are Terrell Davis, Emmitt Smith, Eddie George, and Keyshawn Johnson. The card on the right is a normal-sized card and I believe was an insert in the 1997 Score Board NFL Experience packs. Unfortunately I don't have any other information as to what the checklist looks like or what players are involved. This is the only regular one I've seen, but I haven't really been looking for other ones. But this card is HT4 in the set. My assumption is that there are others. But the real question is are they limited to the same 5 players or is it an expanded checklist?

At the very least, I think the current listing should be changed to "Hard Target 5x7" I know they won't add the regular-sized set until a checklist can be confirmed but I just want to throw it out there and see if anyone else has any information regarding these. I thought since Keyshawn is involved maybe ginge01 has some knowledge...

Saw my name, so posting a reply.
Yes I have the two cards, the jumbo explaining the wrapper redemption program and the regular sized card HT2. I got them independently on ebay about 10 years ago, I know they are almost impossible to find today, 17 years later. I have the old Beckett Guides going back to 1996, the jumbo was listed the first year it was possible, the five regular cards were never listed and never have been. So we need a Terrell Davis, Eddie George and Emmitt Smith collector to tell us the other HT? numbers and Beckett can then list them.
At least they could list Keyshawn Johnson and Brett Favre, they have listed partial checklists before, please see my scan below
[Image: KeyshawnHardTarget1.jpg]
[Image: KeyshawnHardTarget2.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - pudge27t - 09-30-2014

Hmmm I thought I already posted this though, but anyways here goes my 2 cents! lol

2006 Leaf Rookies and Stars Dress for Success NFL Shield Helmet (Donruss Playoff Special Edition) #6 Reggie Bush

[Image: 6l513aa0.JPG]

[Image: 6l513aa0-back.JPG]