Beckett Message Boards
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett (/thread-569169.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 08-18-2014

I just noticed that these promos, all 275 of them from the complete set, were added to the OPG only a couple days ago.
(08-15-2014, 11:41 PM)cgod26 Wrote: 1995 Score RC #271 (Promo)
( I believe all players were produced)
[Image: z5_zpsc1ed0e26.png]
MORE Samples
[Image: 95scorepromos_zps694e0e74.png]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - cgod26 - 08-18-2014

Thank you so much Nittany13 for the additional information on these cards.

I talked with Beckett about some of these cards and the phone card will be difficult to add because they are not sure if it has the proper licensing and they would need the year.

The hand written ones cannot be added either because of what you stated. Although Beckett agrees that my card is "legit" because they have seen others. The hand writing matches the hand numbering from the catalogs versions. (But still can't 100% verify, so it most likely won't be added.)

The chase program card to me seemed like it could go either way as well because of the amount of players on the checklist. I've seen other checklists, especially team checklists with a ton of players on them that do get listed under the individual player, so I don't see why this would be an exception.

I didn't realize Beckett added the mini under 1996.

Thanks again for all the information. I apologize for missing this thread. I don't normally look back through the general "football" section. I also thank you for the link to the error listings thread. It's much appreciated.

(08-18-2014, 12:20 PM)nittany13 Wrote: I just noticed that these promos, all 275 of them from the complete set, were added to the OPG only a couple days ago.

Great! I'll have to check and see if any of the others were added.
Awesome!

Beckett has added 4 of the kaufman cards AND removed 3 errors.

95 Score Promo.
95 Summit Checklist (Player listed)
97 Playoff Pennants Unsigned
98 CE Masters Previews

Hopefully they add the 2001 Quantum Leaf Promos

Beckett has also removed the silver and blue 97 fleer checklist parallels, and also removed the 99 Advantage Blue Millennium Collection.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 08-18-2014

(08-18-2014, 12:27 PM)cgod26 Wrote: Thank you so much Nittany13 for the additional information on these cards.

NO PROBLEM

I talked with Beckett about some of these cards and the phone card will be difficult to add because they are not sure if it has the proper licensing and they would need the year.

AFTERWARDS I FIGURED THAT MIGHT BE AN ISSUE. THESE MAY FALL IN TO THE CATEGORY OF BORDERS CARDS. IT IS STILL A NEAT SUPERCOLLECTOR COLLECTIBLE THOUGH.

The hand written ones cannot be added either because of what you stated. Although Beckett agrees that my card is "legit" because they have seen others. The hand writing matches the hand numbering from the catalogs versions. (But still can't 100% verify, so it most likely won't be added.)

The chase program card to me seemed like it could go either way as well because of the amount of players on the checklist. I've seen other checklists, especially team checklists with a ton of players on them that do get listed under the individual player, so I don't see why this would be an exception.

EACH PLAYER WHO APPEARS ON THE FRONT SHOULD BE LISTED IN ALL DOWNLOADED CHECKLISTS SO WE ARE IN COMPLETE AGREEMENT THERE. IT APPEARS THAT IT IS NOW LISTED UNDER KYLE BRADY AND SOME OF THE OTHER PLAYERS NOW, ALTHOUGH RICK MIRER IS LISTED AND I DO NOT THINK HE IS FEATURED ON IT - AND HE WAS NOT EVEN A ROOKIE IN 1995 EITHER. I DO NOT KNOW READILY WHO THE OTHER PLAYERS FEATURED ARE EXCEPT FOR PERHAPS JOHN WALSH ON THE FAR LEFT.

I didn't realize Beckett added the mini under 1996.

Thanks again for all the information. I apologize for missing this thread. I don't normally look back through the general "football" section. I also thank you for the link to the error listings thread. It's much appreciated.

NO PROBLEM AT ALL

Great! I'll have to check and see if any of the others were added.
Awesome!

Beckett has added 4 of the kaufman cards AND removed 3 errors.

95 Score Promo.
95 Summit Checklist (Player listed)
97 Playoff Pennants Unsigned
98 CE Masters Previews

I AM STILL NOT CONVINCED CURRENTLY THAT PROMOS EXIST FOR THE ENTIRE 1995 SCORE SET, BUT IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME.

THE 1999 CE MC BLUE PARALLELS HAVE ALL BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE OPG WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE ROOKIE CARDS AND CHECKLISTS, THE LATTER OF THE TWO I ONLY DOUBT THE EXISTENCE OF. I CURRENTLY BELIEVE IT WAS THE CORRECT CALL TO REMOVE THE REST OF THESE BASE CARD PARALLELS. I WILL STATE THE SAME FOR THE 1997 FLEER CHECKLIST PARALLELS AS WELL.

Hopefully they add the 2001 Quantum Leaf Promos

THE ONLY ISSUE IS COMPILING THE COMPLETE LIST OF PROMOS.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - cgod26 - 08-18-2014

I noticed that Beckett also added the 1995 Classic NFL Rookies Die-Cuts #18 Silver Sig Series (Sample).

Another missing card would be BOTH the "10" and the "100" Points version of the 1997 Action Packed Extra Points Cards. They have the EXTRA points card listed, but only as a single card. I will include scan for Beckett and send them email to see if they can add both versions. I wish I had either Kaufman to show them, but I haven't had any luck tracking any down.
These are the only 97 Action Packed Extra Points cards I own. But these are the 2 different versions.

[Image: actionpackedfront_zps86740fb2.jpg]
[Image: actionpackedback_zps3b592b92.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 08-19-2014

(08-18-2014, 07:13 PM)cgod26 Wrote: Another missing card would be BOTH the "10" and the "100" Points version of the 1997 Action Packed Extra Points Cards. They have the EXTRA points card listed, but only as a single card. I will include scan for Beckett and send them email to see if they can add both versions. I wish I had either Kaufman to show them, but I haven't had any luck tracking any down.
These are the only 97 Action Packed Extra Points cards I own. But these are the 2 different versions.
That is correct. There are indeed two versions of the Extra Points cards. If Beckett recognizes these as collectibles in the first place then there is no reason not to list them both individually.

On a side note I always felt that the Extra Points game cards were an odd OPG inclusion, personally, since they are nothing more than any other generic redemption card IMHO. I have noted that on this forum on more than one occassion.

Earlier in this thread I previously noted the variations of these Extra Point cards, but I also showed an example that I found online of the 1/1 die cast that these redemption cards could win you. Since then those have been added to the OPG. I would check it out.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - uwash97 - 08-19-2014

Has anyone ever commented on the nameplate letters? As a player collector it really bothers me that nameplates are treated as one card, even though there are a number of obvious variations. I really think that each letter variation should be listed separately. I've never seen an adequate response from them as to why they don't. Would make trading for them a lot easier too.

Secondly, while they do list red ink variations of Press Pass autos they do not list inscription variations. Press Pass releases this information regarding how many of each inscription was released so it's not like Beckett doesn't know. And again for player collectors, there are certainly at least some that care about it.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - cgod26 - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 09:50 AM)nittany13 Wrote: On a side note I always felt that the Extra Points game cards were an odd OPG inclusion, personally, since they are nothing more than any other generic redemption card IMHO. I have noted that on this forum on more than one occassion.

I agree. I actually had a bunch of these way back in the day including kaufman and tossed them out since I personally never considered them a card but now I regret it.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - no1dolphan - 08-20-2014

Those extra point cards are some of the toughest things to run down that I've encountered. I know Jaderock has a few but (unfortunately for me) no Marinos Sad Anyone that has the Marino cards please lmk... not to thread jack, but I'm growing desperate LOL.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - Marinocollector - 08-20-2014

(08-07-2014, 08:22 PM)jephthah1 Wrote: Just for my own clarity concerning this submission--is there an entire parallel K-mart set without the glitter? So a Mike Alstott is likely out there too?

Yes.
(08-09-2014, 12:04 AM)nittany13 Wrote: I have since been trying to find some of these parallels online myself but I have not found one yet, not that I am necessarily doubting they exist. Perhaps this is just a very rare retail variation.

It is. My K-Mart only had one blaster. I didnt buy it because I didnt like the foil variance from the Hobby set. I am searching for the Sam Madison myself.
I would venture a guess less than 100 sets were made based on the lack of availability.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 08-22-2014

I vividly remember when I first saw these Extra Points cards listed in the OPG. I thought they were simply parallels to the base cards. As a result I spent a lot of time looking over Action Packed base cards listed online in the hopes that I would find one with the words "Extra Points" typed on the front, or something to that effect.

Actually the picture example prize 1/1 die mold, which is what the winner of these prize cards actually wins, that I referred to earlier is on page 2 of this thread (I knew it was on here somewhere). It was listed online at the time so no, I do not own it.
(08-20-2014, 10:34 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Yes.

It is. My K-Mart only had one blaster. I didnt buy it because I didnt like the foil variance from the Hobby set. I am searching for the Sam Madison myself.
I would venture a guess less than 100 sets were made based on the lack of availability.
If these variations were indeed intentionally printed and purposely distributed by Donruss/Leaf for this retail chain as an exclusive, and I currently believe all that to be true, I would imagine that there would have been many more than just 100 printed of each base card. If that be the case I would be willing to bet there are many collectors out there somewhere sitting on a big stash of these variations, stowed away in their common boxes, and are not even aware of it.