Beckett Message Boards
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett (/thread-569169.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 07-05-2014

(07-04-2014, 04:25 PM)mbostick Wrote: My normal 1998 Cleo here has browned a little, it should be jet white also. The font of the player name is slight different also. Also the copyright, the 1998 normal has a 1999 copyright, perhaps there are two normal Cleo copyright versions?. (I tried to produce a meteorite calendar once, and the problem with calenders/cards and selling to the mass market, the ones in the store...were bought over a year in most case. So off copyright years is common.)

I was wondering on the stickers. If memory serves me correct, the players did not all match perfectly from the boxes, I think not all qbs have stickers...but maybe it was the other way around. I suppose they should be listed as I have or had? quite a few Steve Youngs I had gotten from collections, meaning people did save them with their cards. No reason not to label them.

Okay, how about this one.....Beckett does list the 1996 Highland Mint Coins, but I am not aware of listed variation....here are a couple Steve Young Bronze. Note, one of them, has one of the 90s era NFL properties holograms, and one box does not.

The coin backs are different also...

I also sold a 1996 Jerry Rice, issued in the three coin set with Young and Montana, and believe it was a variation coin also. It had updated stats.

Thanks for taking the time to scan both valentines which proves that indeed there are at least three Steve Young versions of this particular valentine, which also likely means that there are at least three versions of the other seven QBs from this set as well. I have a 1998 Steve Young valentine myself since it is still attached adjacent to the Kerry Collins one, who I collect, so I was aware of the differing copyright from the one in the left side of the scan.

I also own the Silver Highland Mint coin of Kerry Collins. I am now going to pay closer attention to the scans of any other Kerry Collins coins that get listed online in the future to see if there are any variations to the one I already own myself.

This is very good information.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 07-11-2014

2009 Breast Cancer Awareness team player cards

The Beckett staff apparently has had difficulty compiling a full checklist of these cards, and for good reason. The 2009 ones are seemingly very difficult to find. Team sets are supposedly comprised of three player cards, one each manufactured by a "big 3" card company (Topps, Panini, Upper Deck). Currently 29 of the 32 NFL teams are listed. Two of the three teams ironically not listed are the Colts and Vikings and I was able to find a card listed online from each team. All three cards are not OPG listed:
[Image: KGrHqVi0FDDi8PqQEBQ6kBJt88w60_12_zps718c3643.jpg]
[Image: _5710_zpsa094b7ec.jpg][Image: _5711_zpse3711607.jpg]
[Image: KGrHqJHJE0E92MM4Z3OBPeNnSBt-60_12_zps4aede2fe.jpg]

I question though whether some other teams, or just perhaps the full three, were even represented in this promotion in the first place. I have hunted everywhere for a Kerry Collins, which is OPG listed, but have not found one after all these years of trying.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 07-12-2014

1995 Classic Draft Day Autographs

I originally discussed this on page 20 some time ago, but I just deleted that post and added some new information in this one.

Simply, if you type in the set above listed phrase in to the OPG you will find a Kerry Collins and Steve McNair listed under football. Now I have learned that there is not just one additional omission from the set, but two. Carter has a print run of 750 while the other three have 500. All the cards are unnumbered.

[Image: _3_zps5ba60719.jpg][Image: T2eC16hyUE9s6NGYQBSBcP6chS60_57_zps2b87c7b6.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - mbostick - 07-13-2014

Nice work overall nittany, I like this thread.

Here is another one maybe....but perhaps I am just missing something.

One of the inserts in 2007 UD Premier is called "Rare Patches Duel." I pc Tony Gonzalez, and Beckett shows four different Rare Patches Duel cards.

2007 UD Premier Rare Patches Duel #RP2-TT Trent Green-Tony Gonzalez /50
2007 UD Premier Rare Patches Duel Gold #RP2-TT Trent Green-Tony Gonzalez /25
2007 UD Premier Rare Patches Duel Platinum Holofoil #RP2-TT Trent Green-Tony Gonzalez /10
2007 UD Premier Rare Patches Duel Gold Holofoil #RP2-TT Trent Green-Tony Gonzalez 1/1

Here is the Platinum Holofoil /10
[Image: 2007-UD-Premier-RP2TT-Plat-10-04a.jpg]
[Image: 2007-UD-Premier-RP2TT-Plat-10-04b.jpg]

But here is another /10 I have labeled the Emerald version, for lack of better term.

[Image: 2007-UD-Premier-RP2TT-Green-10-10a.jpg]
[Image: 2007-UD-Premier-RP2TT-Green-10-10b.jpg]

There are two versions of the 1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Crash the Game Redemption cards.

These cards had a player, and a date, and came in bronze, silver or gold. If your player won on the date listed on the card, you could redeem it for a set of redemption cards, a gold card, got you gold set, et al.

All three redemption sets have this same variation, the Beckett online catalog only shows one. Note on the back of the card and the crash logo. These cards come with the logo in a foil background (or balloon if your a comic artist) and they come with the background just printed the color. The foil or the color printing matches what set. So silver redemptions have silver foil or silver ink.

These are the bronze versions, I could provide scans of the others also.

[Image: 1994CCYouCrashTheGameC1BronzeRedemp.jpg]
[Image: 1994CCYouCrashTheGameC1BronzeRed-1.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - no1dolphan - 07-13-2014

Nice find on the crash cards... three more Marino cards to add to my ever growing list.
Ha! I already have all 3 variants... for once, I'm lucky Wink

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - mbostick - 07-13-2014

If things like pins, cans and coins get listed....why not plates?

1994 Classic Party Express Paper Plates

No clue who is all in this package....but found one with Young on the top. I have seen a few of the odd ball dealers offer these individually.

[Image: 94-Classic-Party-Express-Plates-1a_zps27ebf1da.jpg]

[Image: 94-Classic-Party-Express-Plates-1b_zpsa2914326.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 07-14-2014

I am glad you like this thread, mbostick. Once again you have provided some excellent submissions. I want to comment on the most recent three.

-2007 Rare Patches Dual /10
By all accounts this a legitimate variation. Sometimes a collector will discover that he/she owns a card with a slight color tinge from the rest, believing that he/she has a rare variation when in all actuality, more often than not, it is nothing more than a dye lot issue. However this example definitely does not appear to be the case IMHO.
I wonder if perhaps half of these 10 are Platinum while the others are "Emerald". Conversely, maybe there are two sets of 10 of both variations out there instead?

-1994 CC Crash the Game
This looks like another legitimate variation. There are players represented from the 1995 set that I collect but not from the 1994 CtG one so I was previously not aware of these contrasts.

-1994 Classic Party Plates
Once again, although it is not a card, this looks like a collectible that would be an appropriate addition for the Beckett OPG. My belief is reinforced by the fact that these were manufactured by a major card company at the time. If I have the time I may look around to see what other NFL player plates exist since I am curious what the checklist would look like.

You must have one amazing Steve Young collection.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - mbostick - 07-14-2014

There are many examples were Beckett will list ink color variations on autographed cards. Here is one I found on 1997 Leaf Signature, not listed in Beckett.

1997 Leaf Signature #47 Tony Gonzalez (NNO/4000) Small Blue Auto Version
[Image: 1997LeafSigAutoGonzo01a.jpg]

1997 Leaf Signature #47 Tony Gonzalez (NNO/4000) Large Black Auto Version
[Image: 1997LeafSigAutoGonzo01b.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - htoutlaws - 07-14-2014

I love it when people keep adding information to this thread.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - no1dolphan - 07-14-2014

While I'm absolutely NOT interested in plates, I am in the card. Is it a unique release or just a regular release thrown in to entice a plate purchase?
This thread is truly the round table of nit pickers... I'm still blown away about the '94 crash variant. Much like Marinocollector, Mbostick has a keen eye for detail.