Beckett Message Boards
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! (/thread-179699.html)

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - radarblip - 01-29-2009

I recently picked up the following Factory sets:<br />
<br />
1988 Donruss, master box opened but cards still in cello units<br />
<br />
1990 Donruss, same as above<br />
<br />
1988 Fleer, opened but complete<br />
<br />
1990 Score, same as above<br />
<br />
1981 Donruss (First edition) several sets collated from vendor boxes, all errors included.<br />
<br />
If there is any interest LMK. I'm thinking of breaking down the first four...Mel

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - jermoore34 - 02-08-2009

Wow!&nbsp; This thread is incredible, It's really helped me identify different variations that are out there.&nbsp; Thank you!&nbsp; <br />
<br />
I'm interested in looking through lists of Kirby Puckett variation cards that anyone may have for sale.&nbsp; I've specifically been searching for the 1990 Donruss splatter front variations, I currently only have one of them now.&nbsp; Please let me know if anyone has a list available as I'm always searching for Kirby Puckett cards that I don't have!.&nbsp; My email address is JerMoore34@aol.com<br />
<br />
Thank you!<br />
Jeremy<br />

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - mcschu - 02-08-2009

jermoore34 Wrote:Wow!  This thread is incredible, It's really helped me identify different variations that are out there.  Thank you!  <br />
<br />
I'm interested in looking through lists of Kirby Puckett variation cards that anyone may have for sale.  I've specifically been searching for the 1990 Donruss splatter front variations, I currently only have one of them now.  Please let me know if anyone has a list available as I'm always searching for Kirby Puckett cards that I don't have!.  My email address is JerMoore34@aol.com<br />
<br />
Thank you!<br />
Jeremy<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I'm not familiar with the 90 donruss Puckett Splatter variations.  Was it listed somewhere in this long thread? If not could you please explain the variation a little more? Was it for his base card #269 or All Star Card #683?  All i have for the '90 Donruss Puckett #269 is that it incorrectly lists him as the highest right handed batting average since 1941.  <br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - jermoore34 - 02-08-2009

&lt;a href="http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/simpledots/?action=view&amp;current=PuckettSplatterVariation.jpg" target="_blank"&gt;&lt;img src="http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/simpledots/PuckettSplatterVariation.jpg" border="0" alt="Puckett Splatter variation"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;<br />
<br />
The scan I attached is of the one "splatter variation" card that I have, it's the All Star card #683.&nbsp; However, a splatter variation exists with his regular base card #269.&nbsp; I scanned both a regular version (which is behind the variation for comparison) and the splatter variation which is on top.&nbsp; You can see the splatter variation by looking on the left and right side of each card.&nbsp; The top portion of the card is also different.&nbsp; On the "splatter variation" card his name appears to be not as tilted as it does on the regular issue.&nbsp; If you look at the two black lines behind the K on the left side and the double T's on the right hand side in comparison with the top black line.<br />
<br />
Take care,<br />
Jeremy

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - jacksoncoupage - 02-08-2009

1990 Donruss wax cards have a different splatter pattern than those that came from factory sets, creating 2 different pattern types.<br />
<br />
The Grand Slammer inserts come with as many as 5 different splatter patterns.<br />
<br />
Also, the wax issued cards come with either INC or INC. in the copyright on back. The factory set cards are only known to exist with INC. on back.<br />

jacksoncoupage Wrote:1990 Donruss wax cards have a different splatter pattern than those that came from factory sets, creating 2 different pattern types.<br />
<br />
The Grand Slammer inserts come with as many as 5 different splatter patterns.<br />
<br />
Also, the wax issued cards come with either INC or INC. in the copyright on back. The factory set cards are only known to exist with INC. on back.<br />
<br />
<br />
Yeah, I have all of Kirby's regular 1990 Donruss INC vs. INC. variations in the copyright.&nbsp; I currently only have one splatter variation and it's of his All Star card, it also has the INC. copyright.&nbsp; If the splatter variations also have the INC vs. INC. variations, then I would want one of each.&nbsp; I'm searching for Kirby Puckett variations that I don't already have.&nbsp; If anyone has a list, please let me know!<br />
<br />
Thanks again!&nbsp; Jeremy<br />

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 02-17-2009

mcschu Wrote:
jermoore34 Wrote:Wow!&nbsp; This thread is incredible, It's really helped me identify different variations that are out there.&nbsp; Thank you!&nbsp; <br />
<br />
I'm interested in looking through lists of Kirby Puckett variation cards that anyone may have for sale.&nbsp; I've specifically been searching for the 1990 Donruss splatter front variations, I currently only have one of them now.&nbsp; Please let me know if anyone has a list available as I'm always searching for Kirby Puckett cards that I don't have!.&nbsp; My email address is JerMoore34@aol.com<br />
<br />
Thank you!<br />
Jeremy<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I'm not familiar with the 90 donruss Puckett Splatter variations.&nbsp; Was it listed somewhere in this long thread? If not could you please explain the variation a little more?&nbsp;Was it for his base card #269 or All Star Card #683? &nbsp;All i have for the '90 Donruss Puckett #269 is that it incorrectly lists him as the highest right handed batting average since 1941.&nbsp; <br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
<br />
<br />
This is probably the same for your players as well. Here is the splatter variations I've collected over the years:<br />
<br />
Grand Slammers<br />
-13 splatter variations w/ no bar on the back<br />
-1 splatter variation w/ a bar on the back<br />
<br />
Base card<br />
-1 splatter variation of INC (no dot)<br />
-2 splatter variations of INC.<br />
<br />
All Star<br />
-1 splatter variation of correct w/ INC (no dot)<br />
-2 splatter variations of correct w/ INC.<br />
-1 splatter variation of ERR w/ INC (no dot)<br />
-1 splatter variation of ERR w/ INC.<br />
<br />
[Image: don5.jpg]<br />
[Image: don6.jpg]<br />
[Image: don7.jpg]<br />
[Image: don8.jpg]<br />
[Image: don9.jpg]<br />
[Image: don10.jpg]<br />

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - jaderock - 02-19-2009

Are there color variants to the 1992 Topps Gold Winners? I was sorting thru a bunch of them and one had a distinctive color difference. All "gold winners" had the names in gold except for one which had the name in "copper/bronze". Just curious - thanks

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - radarblip - 02-19-2009

jaderock Wrote:Are there color variants to the 1992 Topps Gold Winners? I was sorting thru a bunch of them and one had a distinctive color difference. All "gold winners" had the names in gold except for one which had the name in "copper/bronze". Just curious - thanks
<br />
<br />
There is definately two different GOLD foil colors and probably every card has both variations. I have called them "Yellow Gold" and "Red Gold". My best guess is the Yellow Gold was printed first. I haven't checked the backs yet to see if there is some noticable differences between the two.<br />
<br />
I believe this is also ture of  '93 Topps as well.<br />
<br />
I will try to find a pair for a scan...Mel<br />

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - jacksoncoupage - 03-25-2009

**EDIT** double post<br