Beckett Message Boards
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! (/thread-179699.html)

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - Ohio_Collectibles - 03-15-2008 02:56 AM

I've been scanning my Ryan collection a year or two a night. Hit the 1989's tonight and thought I would share my Finds

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154A.jpg]
154A INC & *DENOTES

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154B.jpg]
154B INC. & *DENOTES

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154C.jpg]
154C INC. & *DENOTES* (Seems to be the most prolific)

Have not found any 154D INC & *DENOTES*

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 03-15-2008 03:07 AM

Ohio_Collectibles Wrote:I've been scanning my Ryan collection a year or two a night. Hit the 1989's tonight and thought I would share my Finds

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154A.jpg]
154A INC & *DENOTES

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154B.jpg]
154B INC. & *DENOTES

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154C.jpg]
154C INC. & *DENOTES* (Seems to be the most prolific)

Have not found any 154D INC & *DENOTES*

It does exist. I can verify all four versions with McGwire!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - Ohio_Collectibles - 03-15-2008 03:11 AM

I've found a few others but haven't gotten that far in my scanning but I will post them as I finish.

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - MattinglyStash - 03-15-2008 11:17 AM

KillerBeeFan Wrote:I have had a great time searching through my Biggio doubles for these variations. I have found a good number of them and the more I find, the more questions I seem to have.

I have started to scan some of the variations that I have found and wanted to share them in this thread. I also will include some "population" figures based on the limited number of duplicates that I have. Maybe, if we all share the numbers of each variant that we have, perhaps we can start to determine scarcity or figure out which variant came from which type of packaging.

Let's start with 1991 Donruss cards.

1991 Donruss #595

I found the two border variations below.

[Image: 1991Donruss595-BorderVariations.jpg]

Population numbers :

Left side variation = 28 cards (14 with INC. and 14 with INC on back)
Right side variation = 1 card (it has INC. on back) - Does it exist with the INC variation?

1991 Donruss Diamond Kings #2

Again, I found the two border variations below.

[Image: 1991DonrussDiamondKings2-BorderVari.jpg]

Population numbers :

Left side variation = 35 cards (27 with INC. and 8 with INC on back)
Right side variation = 1 card (it has INC. on back) - Again, does it exist with the INC variation?

1991 Donruss Super Diamond Kings #2

I only have one card but it represents yet another border variation from the two versions above. The card is the INC. variation. Anyone else have these Super Diamond Kings cards?

[Image: 1991DonrussDiamondKings2-BorderV-1.jpg]

Phil

Finally got a couple Mattingly border variations. Sorry no scans.

Have two Factory set variations. Both have Inc.

Has anyone been able to find INC and INC. on both border variations?

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 03-15-2008 02:32 PM

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 03-15-2008 02:39 PM

Here's a summary of Donruss variations I have found for the years of 1988-1992. This should help a bit. If you have any that don't coincide with any of the borders or splatters, let me know. I can confirm my 12 1990 variations (BAR + 11 splatters) coincide directly with the 12 that was posted by theplasticman808 of Clark.

I don't have the 3rd border variation of the 1991 Blue GS. I've got a couple huge stacks of 88-93 coming in so I might find something to add to this list.:

[Image: don1.jpg]
[Image: don2.jpg]
[Image: don3.jpg]
[Image: don4.jpg]
[Image: don5.jpg]
[Image: don6.jpg]
[Image: don7.jpg]
[Image: don8.jpg]
[Image: don9.jpg]
[Image: don10.jpg]
[Image: don11.jpg]
[Image: don12.jpg]
[Image: don14.jpg]
[Image: don15.jpg]

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - Ohio_Collectibles - 03-15-2008 06:29 PM

Picked up a box of 1990 Topps Stickers, All Ryan Var will be staying in my collection. Anyone want any others, let me know

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 03-16-2008 02:50 AM

Ohio_Collectibles Wrote:Picked up a box of 1990 Topps Stickers, All Ryan Var will be staying in my collection. Anyone want any others, let me know

Do you have any other ones I don't have on my list of McGwire (McGwire had 3 stickers)?

1990 Topps Stickers -- 36 -- mini sticker w/ #35 on back
1990 Topps Stickers -- 36 -- mini sticker w/ #113 and #203 on back
1990 Topps Stickers -- 36 -- mini sticker w/ #116 and #213 on back
1990 Topps Stickers -- 36 -- mini sticker w/ #123 on back
1990 Topps Stickers -- 36 -- mini sticker w/ #156 on back
1990 Topps Stickers -- 162 -- mini sticker w/ #52 on back
1990 Topps Stickers -- 162 -- mini sticker w/ #61 on front
1990 Topps Stickers -- 162 -- mini sticker w/ #44 on front
1990 Topps Stickers -- 176 -- mini sticker w/ #12 on back

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - TNP777 - 03-16-2008 11:01 PM

I wanted to give a public shoutout to jacksoncoupage for a great package of Butler variations. Some were expected, but a lot weren't. Thanks a ton!!

Got a question about the '95 Stadium Club TransActions color variation. In the list on the first page, it says there are a minimum of four color variations. Has anyone arrived at a maximum number of variations? Because of all the colors used, couldn't that number be pretty big?

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - jacksoncoupage - 03-17-2008 03:10 PM

TNP
Glad I could help!

A couple weeks ago, I went to my "local" card shop and spent an entire day in there (it's one of those old style cluttered card shops where you have to weave your way through countless boxes) with Ventura, Sax, HoJo, McGwire, Butler, Clark, Canseco, Ripken and Griffey in mind. Obviously others that I could remember too, but it seems that the only player I kept finding interesting stuff for was Butler. The 1994 SP was a really cool surprise and after I noticed, I went back and poured through the stack for Ventura etc. but no luck.

UPDATE: 1991 Upper Deck holos.

I am nearly blind now after looking at 60% of the nations supply of 1991 Upper Deck (over the last few weeks) and I can say that those hologram variations are truly RARE. I have been opening low, hi, jumbo and heroes type packaging and have yet to pull one of the non-1991-holo varieties. I found a stack in one of those old "800 Misc. Baseball Cards" packages from the early-90's that come in a long plastic box with stars shown on the sides. But that is the closest to "pulling" any of them. The others that I own came from various shops' 3200/5000ct boxes usually just a handful or a few at a time.

The 1992-style hologram seems to be rarest (that is the one I sent you) of them.
The 1990-style hologram seems the next rarest
The 1990-91 NHL style hologram seems the next rarest after that.

Usually when I put this much effort into a variation mystery, I end up figuring out it's system and can track them down, but this has really puzzled me.

Also, I am going to try posting more frequently again, right now is a bad time, but if you guys want to me (or email me) with the stuff that needs to be added to the list on the front page, please do so it will save me the time of having to go back through the last 10 or so pages.

Oh and Onion, the McGwire 1992 Preview you sent me has the faint . after INC as well.