Beckett Message Boards
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! (/thread-179699.html)

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - bondshof - 02-25-2008 04:04 AM

A couple of 1987 Topps variations just came to mind, on the Bonds rookie, I have seen only a handfull of this variation with a black slash next to the Y in Barry, also
another variation seems to be a darker wood border and darker orange,
the regular and darker both have E on reverse next to ©

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - bondshof - 02-25-2008 04:51 AM

Some of my findings on the 89 Donruss

1989 Donruss *denotes
INC = 14
INC. = 6

1989 Donruss *denotes*
INC. = 33
INC =5

This is of 58 Barry Bonds #92.
Seems the INC *denotes* would maybe be the hardest to find?

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 02-25-2008 05:06 AM

bondshof Wrote:Some of my findings on the 89 Donruss

1989 Donruss *denotes
INC = 14
INC. = 6

1989 Donruss *denotes*
INC. = 33
INC =5

This is of 58 Barry Bonds #92.
Seems the INC *denotes* would maybe be the hardest to find?

*denotes* is the error *denotes is the corrected version

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 02-25-2008 05:16 AM

Alright I have another variation and two I'm not sure about.

The variation I have is regarding the 1994 leaf. The hologram on the back actually has a base color. I can confirm 3 different types: gold, silver, bronze. I have no idea how the heck I can capture this on picture. I keep mixing the cards up, putting them in different light and each time each card comes up with the same base color: gold, silver or bronze. Interesting eh? This is the card I'm talking about, its the holo in the top right:

[Image: 1994leaf.jpg]

Next I have the 1995 Summit cards. This is regarding the "A Pinnacle Brand" box. I have a total of 4 of these cards. 3 of them have the circle next to Brand, the bottom one as you can see, does not. I just found this and know nothing about it.

[Image: 1995suumit.jpg]

Finally, this has been bugging me for years. The 1997 Donruss card. I'm pretty sure this is just a new printer cartridge situation, but I have to ask. Every card I have from this set is normal like the one on the right. The one on the left however is 100% bold. I have seen no other cards like it. Is there anything special I should know about this? All the text on the card is like this.

[Image: 1997donruss.jpg]

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 02-25-2008 05:54 AM

Another one. Does anybody else have hologram mismatches from 1998 Collectors Choice? This is a Cover Glory card:

[Image: 98collectorschoice.jpg]

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 02-25-2008 06:20 AM

Also found this, 1993 Blue Classic Set

Blue back/Gray Back?

[Image: 1993classic.jpg]

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - bornagaincollector - 02-25-2008 08:18 AM

Oniniring9,
Wanted to let you know,i have a friend that collects McGwire also.He told me he has several of the Black Gold Leaf cards and is going to check and see if he has the INC. version you need.I should know something by midweek.

Roger

onionring9 Wrote:Also found this, 1993 Blue Classic Set

Blue back/Gray Back?

[Image: 1993classic.jpg]

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - mrinsert69 - 02-25-2008 08:29 AM

This is a great thread.

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - bornagaincollector - 02-25-2008 08:33 AM

I found these lastnight and thought it was interesting.Thoughts

[Image: Picture069.jpg]

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - Thrill 22 - 02-25-2008 09:48 AM

bornagaincollector Wrote:I found these lastnight and thought it was interesting.Thoughts

Can you tell us what to look for? Some of these variations are hard to spot, unless you know what to look for...

Drew