Beckett Message Boards
Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! (/thread-1624073.html)

Pages: 1 2

Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - rjcj2017 - 11-30-2023

Banger Bros,

Pulled this relatively tough card out of 2023 Prestige this morning ... my all-time PC favorite and The Greatest Running Back That Ever Lived ... Barry F. Sanders!!!

[Image: Barry.jpg]

Let's Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - akaus - 11-30-2023

That's a sharp looking card and who doesn't love Barry. He was something else to watch. Nice work RJ.

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - rjcj2017 - 11-30-2023

Reminds me of something I would have pulled in like 1995.

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - akaus - 11-30-2023

Yeah it definitely has that 90's insert look to it. I miss those days. The cards weren't worth much, but they looked amazing.

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - ZSDOne - 12-01-2023

Fantastic looking card - this year's Prestige is so good looking

did you get any decent numbered or an auto?

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - rjcj2017 - 12-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 09:48 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Fantastic looking card - this year's Prestige is so good looking

did you get any decent numbered or an auto?
I got this Barry card out of two megas - no autos or noteworthy numbered cards ... other than a nice blue/299 (?) numbered Hardy Nickerson for my Tampa Bay Creamsicle Collection.

I did get two "Drip" inserts of Jordan Addison and Michael Mayer, had no idea these are selling for the crazy prices they are.

(And nice PC adds to my Trojans and Raiders collections.)

I remembered that the autos were supposed to be every other box and that I left three behind yesterday, so I went back this morning and thankfully the DBN left them there.

I got a George Pickens red auto (terrible signature) and a diamond Mekhi Blackmon rookie auto for my Trojans PC.

I also got a Portraits insert of Jaxon Smith-Njigba, which is another nice selling set.

Definitely done with this product.

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - ZSDOne - 12-01-2023

The Drip and Portraits are both supposed to be case hits - but given that you got two drip and one Portrait in five boxes, I am highly skeptical of that claim since it seems unlike that they have boxes from at least two cases on the shelves of your local Target.

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - rjcj2017 - 12-01-2023

Facts

What happens is some DBN foot soldier pulls a Drip card out of a blaster, goes online, says the eff word and let's gooooo a thousand times and then says it's a case hit.

Then the other DBN simps pick up on it and pretty soon you have 300 comments with everyone showing off the "case hits" they all pulled yesterday from various Walmarts across America.

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - ZSDOne - 12-14-2023

There were some Prestige Megaboxes at the local Target - I gave them another chance and got a decent box - Sam LaPorta Gold /75 (looks great with the Iowa uniform and it's p.c.) and Aiden O'Connell auto /50 (hey, it's a starting NFL quarterback auto, so that automatically makes it a Gem Fire Banger, LFG! - LOL!)

Still love the way these cards look at still hate the value they deliver - the O'Connell is one of the better rookie autos this year and a nice color match parallel and still that doesn't seem like $45 worth of value.

No wonder the DBN isn't hunting these to extinction

RE: Gem Fire PC Banger - LET'S GO - 2023 Prestige Mega Box! - jaderock - 12-14-2023

Aiden O'Connell ... Gem Fire Banger, LFG! - LOLx2!