Beckett Message Boards
COMC is still a decent hobby option - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: COMC is still a decent hobby option (/thread-1623719.html)

Pages: 1 2

COMC is still a decent hobby option - kerryandbeth - 06-26-2023

I paid $120 for cards of Julio Rodriguez, Jarred Kelenic, Royce Lewis, Alex Kirilloff, Ken Griffey Jr, Juan Soto, and Kirby Puckett.

The Beckett value comes out to $375.  Not bad.

And, shipping is only $4.99.

The key is to go after a card with multiple listings so that the owners of the cards get into a price war that causes it to keep dropping.

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - rjcj2017 - 06-26-2023

Facts

The DBN will undercut each other to the ends of the earth to move all the stuff they hoarded

Which means winning for the rest of us!

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - mistral38 - 07-08-2023

Yes it is, they have improved their turn around time considerably from the covid era. Shipping costs have gone up throughout the hobby and it helps to reduce costs

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - bonds20001 - 07-09-2023

Love COMC and I sell as well as buy..just have to know what you want..how to search and combine shipping.  I have a list of needs before I go shopping and usually get 100-200 cards at a time..great resource!!

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - kerryandbeth - 12-31-2023

Update: I spent $100 on COMC today and got $400+ Beckett value...

Trout, Soto, J. Rodriguez, Griffey, Kelenic, Buxton, Correa and Devers. Shipping date is February 9th.

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - dogger99 - 12-31-2023

I should have a shipment within a couple of weeks that was $150 for 107 cards which includes 38 autos. All for my Aggie PC. $800+ BV.

Just put in another order of 145 cards (19 autos and 9 gu'd) for the PC. Probably closer to $200 cost.

Could have spent that for a Donruss hobby box for 1 auto and 1 gu'd. Would probably get several of the Aggies base cards and maybe an insert or two for my PC.

Decision is a no brainer. Got the cards I want. And don't have a bunch of crap I don't want going into a box.

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - rjcj2017 - 01-02-2024

Plus they seem to have worked out their shipping issues from a ways back.

The last 5-6 times I have bought singles on DBay, I've had them within a week.

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - mmahoney - 01-03-2024

Have any of you tried BuySportscards.com?

I have been able to sell a few things over there. Somehow they charge no fees other than PayPal fees.

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - kerryandbeth - 01-03-2024

(01-03-2024, 01:15 PM)mmahoney Wrote: Have any of you tried BuySportscards.com?

I have been able to sell a few things over there.  Somehow they charge no fees other than PayPal fees.
I keep getting emails from BuySportscards but have not purchased or sold on the site.

RE: COMC is still a decent hobby option - chevy man 22 - 01-06-2024

I would love to send them some stuff to sell but I just can't bring myself to pay them the per card processing fee for something I can do for free myself through Ebay. If they did like Ebay and had a small % fee on the back end after the cards are sold I think they would do a lot more business on that front.