Beckett Message Boards
Are you spending your $600 on cards? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Are you spending your $600 on cards? (/thread-1619407.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Are you spending your $600 on cards? - kerryandbeth - 12-31-2020

IRS stimulus payments are in action for $600 per person listed on your last tax return, including dependent children.  Wondering how many will invest it back into the hobby.

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - zeprock - 12-31-2020

Mine will go towards groceries, tp, dog food, heating oil and gas for my vehicle. Maybe, if I'm lucky, an ice cream.

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - jaredhuizenga - 12-31-2020

Half will go toward a couple of new tires for my car and the rest will be set aside until I find something that catches my eye ... like owing $0 on my credit cards.

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - flood and fire - 12-31-2020

Mine is going towards bills and bills and, if there's any left over, more bills.

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - crazyforkinsler5 - 12-31-2020

First priority (if it ever comes in) will be to fix the brakes on my wife's car. We took it to the shop in November for the exact thing and they said they fixed it. But it's still acting up. So we have to put it back in the shop. 

Will pay 1 house payment with some of it, and not sure what we'll do with the leftover. Might make a down payment for our next Disney trip. Not really sure. Don't want to buy cards with it.

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - ahvjr - 12-31-2020

This year I have been very fortunate to be able to continue to work through out the pandemic, as well as my wife but luckily she has been able to do it from home. The wife has all ready informed me that she expects me to help small businesses, aka my LCS, with my $600. It was tongue in cheek but she is great to me and allows me and our son to spend way too much on cards.

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - kerryandbeth - 12-31-2020

Thanks for the responses. Mine is going to my daughter who moved out in October. Lots of stuff to buy at first!

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - pjrussell529 - 12-31-2020

Nope, I haven't bought any cards since March. Just saving everything I can in case of an extended lock down. You just never know what can happen.

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - Phillies_Joe - 12-31-2020

"restructured" in August. Starting next week, little by little I am clearing out all of my cards (selling) except for my Phillies collection. Nothing will be spent on cards from the stimulus - not sure that we qualify anyway.

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards? - ohioarmy05 - 12-31-2020

I might pick up something, but this year with the crazy online prices and the empty shelves at the store I turned my focus to my other addiction....I mean hobby, coins. Decided to make some small investments into the future so every paycheck I have budgeted out about $100 to purchase silver coins. Its not the most fancy precious metal, but at only around $30 bucks an ounce to buy its not too bad.